I am a high school teacher, teaching mathematics for 10 years now grade 8 to grade 12. I am the Head of Department for Maths, Maths Lit and CAT. I have managerial skills, serving in the School Management School For 10 years. I have computer skills and communication skills. I am serving in the assessment committee and IQMS committee at my organization. I have leadership skills and I am a good listener.
Head of Department
From July 2004
Mathematics, Mathematical literacy and Computer Application and Technology (CAT) - July 2004 to currently.
Duties I am responsible for:
• Managing the Maths Department (Mathematics, mathematical Literacy & CAT)
• Departmental Planning - allocation of staff
• Convene & Chairperson of Departmental meetings
• Conflict Management
• Assist school management in day to day running of the school
• Monitoring and evaluation of educator & learners work.
• Report on learner and educator progress.
• Moderation of question papers.
• Management of Assessment.
• Teaching Mathematics, Mathematical Literacy.
• Strategic Planning - e.g. organizational/departmental development.
• Administration - handle all correspondence received at the school, timetabling etc.
• Communication - to liaise with all stakeholders for the smooth running of school
• Implement school policies - e.g. code of conduct, financial policy, safety and health
• Managing human relations - managing relations between the learners and personnel.
• Performance Management- monitors and evaluates staff's performance to improve service delivery and development, e.g. IQMS
From January 2003
Duties I have been responsible:
• To engage in class teaching and to be a class teacher
• To take leadership role in respect of subject, learning area or phase.
• Administrative work, evaluate and report on learners' academic progress
• To recognize that learning is an active process and be prepared to use a variety of strategies to meet outcomes of the curriculum.
• Establish classroom environment which stimulates positive learning and actively engages learners in the learning process.
• To consider and utilize the learners' own experiences as a fundamental and valuable resource.
Manzomthombo High School
January 2002 - December 2002
I have developed the following skills as a result of my schooling, organizational involvement and work experience:
• Ability to work with people
• Respect for collective leadership
• Leadership & Managerial abilities
• Strategic planning
• Analytical thinking
• Problem - solving & conflict resolution
• Good financial management
• Team work- creates an environment in which teams are used appropriately, their development is supported and creates a feel of belonging in the team.
• Excellence - demonstrate a sustained passion to succeed, willingly steps up to significant challenges, sets high standards, driven to achieve results, conveys a sense of urgency and hold self accountable for adding value.
• Leadership - creates a vision and purpose which others buy into and share. Sets clear and compelling goals that serve as unifying focus point of efforts.
• Courageous - willing to stand up and be counted. Steps forward to address difficult issues and stand firm when necessary, does not hold back to anything that needs to be said and not afraid to take negative action.
• Principled - inspiring trust through ethical behaviour, show consistency between principles, values, and behaviour is authentic.
Luhlaza Secondary School
January 2001 - December 2001
Kwamfundo High School
July 1999 - December 1999
Qualifications & Certifications
English, Mathematics, Biology, physical
Jamangile Senior Secondary School
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Leadership and management
1. Cape Teaching &Leading Institute
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more