Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Human Resources Manager
From March 2008
I am in charge of a staff compliment of about four hundred and fifth employees located the bigger part of Eastern Cape and some surrounding towns of Kwa-Zulu Natal ( Kokstad, Harding, Margate & Port Shepstone). We are distributing bread from Mthatha to as far as Port Shepstone in Natal and as far as Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape. My responsibilities are:
- Screening and recruitment of employees
- Staff discipline and motivation
- Staff training and development
- Payroll administration and staff benefits which include the Provident Fund
- Employment Equity reporting and implementation
- Occupational Health and Safety and also coordination of IOD (injury on duty) claims and Food Safety Training.
- Attend to IR issues including - wage negotiation, CCMA and Labour Court cases.
- Compile Annual HR Reports i.e. WSP, Employment Equity Annual Report & S.A. Stats where applicable.
- Serving in the Audit Committee of the King Sabata Dalindyebo Municipality from 2010 to date (Adhoc)
- Serving as an Employer Trustee in the Hospitality and General Provident Fund from 2011 to date (Adhoc)
- Unisa - Alumina Member
Human Resources Development Specialist
Mnquma Local Municipality
April 2004 - February 2008
We had a staff compliment of about eight hundred employees and I was responsible for the following:
- Staff and Councillors'training and development according to the organisational needs.
- Staff skills audit and analyse the gaps
- Facilitate selection and appointment and contracting of training providers
- Evaluate and report on the impact of the training to the Council
- Compile and implement Work Place Skills Plan
- Compile Employment Equity Report and ensure compliance.
Reason for Leaving: Offered a better position and working from home
4. Name of the Institution: Sikunye Bakery (Pty) Ltd T/A Mister Bread.
Assistant HR Admin Manager
July 1983 - May 2002
- Branch administrative controls which include reconciliation, balancing, cash controls, returns, payroll administration, performance management, etc.
- Labour Relations issues including staff disciplinary procedures, employee assistance programmes, etc.
- Staff Training and Development - coordinate training, conduct skills audits and staff training evaluation.
- Statutory Reports and monthly returns - Compile statutory reports i.e. S.A. Statistics Reports, WSP, EE Reports and month and returns.
Standard Bank Lusikisiki
July 1976 - June 1983
Responsibilities: Clerical duties and clients services at Enquiries, Investments, Foreign Exchange, etc.
Reason for leaving: Better offer with Meeg Bank
2. Name of the Institution: Meeg/ABSA Bank - Lusikisiki, Bisho,
Qualifications & Certifications
Global Business Solutions
Institute of Personnel Management
DaVinci & Global Business Solutions
Palmerton Senior Secondary
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more