I hold a BA Law, Masters in Law degree (specialised in Resources Law and Policy) and soon to graduate with a PhD degree (Mineral Investment and Policy). In all my as Legal Advisor, in government, private sector and academia, I have helped shape strategic thinking. I have had to set up structures and duties as I have always been the first incumbent on the job. The first thing I have done is to understand what the job entails, then initiate team goals, strategies and work plans. I have identified broader factors, trends and influences that may impact on the achievement of desired goals.
Deep understanding of Mineral Law and trade and investment law and bringing it to the core od economic debate.
Bunengi Holdings (Pty) Limited
January 2014 - June 2014
* Advise on mineral acquisitions
* Negotiate and execute agreements
* Manage mineral projects and deadlines
* Research unique legal issues
* Understanding of various legal jurisdiction and be abreast of various mineral, infrastructure and investment codes
School of Law
December 2009 - December 2013
-University of Witwatersrand- South Africa- December 2009 to December 2013
* Provided high level research in various areas of international trade and investment law and policy
* Provided academic teaching and course coordinator for Prospecting and Mining law
* Provided academic teaching course coordinator for Mining Law for Industry Practitioners
* Provided academic teaching in Commercial Law
* Course coordinator for Advanced Company Law
Legal Services and Projects Director
HCI Khusela Coal (Pty) Ltd
- Johannesburg -South Africa
* Took this company from being a prospecting company (green field project) to full production.
* Member of the board of directors.
* Custodian of all legal document of the company
* Dispense legal advice to the company
* Negotiated and drafted all legal documents
* Participated in budgeting and business plan formulations of the company
* Monitored and tracked compliance of all mining industry related legislation, policy and procedures.
* Drafted The Social and Labour Plan and Employment Equity Plans to ensure transformation at operation and see to implementation.
* Effected the legal appointment in terms of Section 4(1) of the MHSA to ensure compliance with the provisions MPRDA and the MHSA and the regulations.
* Ensured compliance with the Mining Charter.
Executive Director-Legal Services and Projects
Endulwini Resources Johannesburg
* Dispensed legal advice to the Executive Chairman on matters pertaining to mining and company law.
* Member of the Board of Directors for the holding company and its subsidiaries.
* Manage mining projects and ensure legal compliance
* Also the Company Secretary for the holding company and its subsidiaries. Also a member of the Finance Committee and Strategy Committee.
JCI/New Mining Holdings
* Dispensed legal advice to the Chief Executive Officer on matters pertaining to mining and company law. Liaison with the Deeds Registry Office in search of minerals and surface rights holders.
* Negotiating joint venture agreements
Senior Policy Analyst- Minerals and Energy Policy Centre
* Negotiated and drafted the Namibian Mineral Policy
* Identification of Black Economic Empowerment for Major mining companies.
* Mine community engagement and stakeholders involvement.
* Associated research in the mining sector.
Attachment to Special Adviser
-Commonwealth Secretariat- The Economic and Legal Advisory Division and assisted in the drafting of the mining laws of Pakistan and the Gambia.
* Reviewed and assisted in the drafting of mining laws and petroleum agreements for various commonwealth countries.
Ministry of Natural Resources and Energy
* Dispensed Legal advice to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Energy on matters pertaining to mining law, water law, energy and policy.
* Member of the Minerals Committee and Mineral Negotiating Committee.
* Dispensed legal advise in regard to the amending and updating the regulatory framework pertaining to mining law and policy to be at compliance with regional, international law and to be conducive to mining investment.
* Contributed in the drafting and negotiation of the Revised Protocol on Shared Watercourse, Mining Protocol, Energy Protocol in the Southern African Development Community (SADC).
* Represented the country in international forums on gender issues in the mining sector.
1. International Bar Association
2. Society of International Economic Law Network
3. African International Economic Law Network
Qualifications & Certifications
Resources Law and Policy
University of Swaziland
Mater Dorolosa High School
Mining Sector of South Africa
University of Dundee
Mineral Policy and Investment
University of Witwatersrand