Claim you profile
I am people person. I respect and value diverse people. Understand marketing, selling, and back office techniques. Good at listening, and services. Engage in people`s projects in a hotel and make a success of it. Hard working, enjoy change, innovation and variety. Communicate well, have an eye for details. Calm in troubled circumstances and offer solution where necessary.
From November 2012
• Following internal restructure, was appointed to this position and acted as lead in development of directorate and corporate business plans to identify efficiencies and income generation for council's strategic planning framework.
• Produced financial models and appraised options to ensure decisions in line with resource implications for directorate and council. Challenged on affordability and value and ensured financial implications of policy and operational proposals included in reports.
• Managed council's key financial systems, bank and control accounts and accounting records to ensure regular, comprehensive monitoring and reconciliation conducted to avoid error or fraud, maximise cash flow and reduce council's borrowing requirements.
• Demonstrated in-depth technical knowledge of public service finance, legislative and regulatory requirements and understanding of key strategic and policy issues affecting public sector management and finance
• Ensured effective compliance with regulatory requirements including VAT, treasury, grants and capital funding Acted as technical expert and provided specialised advice
• Assessed and reviewed IFRS accounting and finance models for the council.
• Delivered specialist financial advice and support to service and corporate managers to ensure effective management of resources and proper accountability and control
• Delivered council's financial statutory publications in accordance with statutory requirements, meeting deadlines in line with best practice
• Conducted financial and business risk appraisal of external organisations prior to partnership negotiations, assessing long and short-term financial viability
Financial Planning Accountant
WGA submissions, service, expenditure analysis code and SerCOP Compliance
• Produced and ensured seamless delivery of government accounts, WGA submissions, service, expenditure analysis code and SerCOP Compliance
• Co-ordinated closure of accounts on behalf of directorate or for the council, ensuring statutory and council requirements and deadlines met.
• Ensured analytical reviews conducted with areas of weakness identified and included in plans, liaised as required with external audit.
• Coached, mentored and led team of five.
• Acted as key point of contact for policy/ legislative/ statutory and professional issues
• Led on complex, high-risk projects or proposals, which may have had long-term impact on the organisation
• Engaged with multiple internal and senior level stakeholders to resolve complex issues, attended meetings as a representative of the Council
• Reviewed, assessed and evaluated emerging statutory and non-statutory legislation and CIPFA guidance. Wrote responses to government and/ or CIPFA requests for comment on proposed policy changes
• Identified new requirements and developed new working practices and processes to ensure council to meet requirement for: statement of Accounts, use of resources assessment and Prudential Code etc.
August 2003 - September 2004
Produced statements for housing directorate, collated data, engaged stakeholders, set and managed budgets, evaluated risks.
Sahara Systems Ltd
March 2000 - November 2003
Established business from scratch and played a key role from concept through to development of business plan, securing of finance and operational management, including online marketing and website development.
Deputy Chairman of Board
Clapton Park Management Organisation
April 1994 - July 1997
Financial Control Manager
February 1992 - February 2000
Enhanced and ensured successful financial management of the housing finance function
Martin Adeley & Co
December 1990 - January 1992
March 1983 - November 1990
Qualifications & Certifications
Public Service Management
South Bank University
Institute of Chartered Management Accountants
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.