I have been re engineering Human Resource section coming up with new developments in order to ensure that Human Resource section is a Business partnering, handling all financial resource of the section,managing all projects like records management, performance Management of 877 Officials, ensuring that they are all developed thorugh the process of skills auditing, conducting workshop on career pathing and researching new talent and retaining them, communicating with all Regional Managers and Provincial Managers in order to esnure smooth flow and effective and efficient service in Hr through team building, performance appraisals. managing exits and salary payments as well as management of absenteeism.
Personnel Practitioner ( GENERALIST)
Department of Home Affairs
Up to December 2012
Key Performance Areas:
• Facilitate the implementation of HR policies and procedures across the province.
• Ensure understanding, implementation and practice of policies and procedures across the province is consistent and standard.
• Supervise the effective administration of Human Resource functions, amongst others: Conditions of Service, Recruitment and Selection, Performance Management and Development System
• Responsible for co ordination of transfares within or outside the province.
• Give expect advice during recruitment and selection.
• Provide advice and assistance to staff members in the execution of their daily tasks.
• Mentoring Junior HR Staff and other staff
• Allocate task to staff members and monitor their progress against daily targets or goals.
• Perform end of day duties to ensure effective reporting and capturing of statistics.
• Approve persal transactions.
• Facilitate and direct staff in dealing with leave and other human resource administration requirements within the unit.
• Provide on the job training and mentoring to all staff within the unit.
• Perform secretariat duties during interviews and give advices and guidance
• Perform secretariat duties during PMDS moderating meetings, quality checking of all documents and give advice to the senior managers
• Manage EPMDS within the section.
• Ensure proper reports and memorandums are forwarded on time
• Ensuring that Compensation budget is properly crafted for deligated authority
• Ensuring that all posts are filled within the specified turnaround time
• Responsible for the procument of goods and services within my section
• Provincial Co ordination of Provincial Dissability consultative forum and the maintainance of good relations thereof.
• Ensuring that all incapacity cases are being reffered to the state doctor for further check ups
• Participating in HR Consultative forums and HR learning forums
• Responsible for HR Planning for my province
• Co ordinating SMS PMDS in all levels
Human Resources Officer (Generalist)
Department of Health
December 2005 - February 2008
Reason for leaving: Promotion
Key Performance Areas: Recruitment and Selection
• Ensure proper recruitment procedure and placement of staff
• Sorting and short listing of applications
• Management of applications
• Conduct presentations during training
• Prepare internal and external adverts
• Development of recruitment plan
• Administer competency exercise
• Perform secretariat duties during interviews
• Handle employment/staff relation at District Offices
• Ensure adherence to Labour Legislations that govern employment in the Public Service
• Prepare recommendation memo for approval of appointments
• Prepare employment letters
• Prepare O&E form
• Perform secretariat duties during disciplinary hearing
• Attend to general public queries
Service Conditions/ Benefit Administration
• Ensure proper administration of personnel benefit (appointment, leave, housing, service termination)
• Managing staff leave records and attandence registers
• Training and development of staff in my section
• Training of staff on HR policies and prescripts during an induction
• Assist with completion of Injury on Duty Forms
• Assist employees with completion of Long and Short Term Incapacity Leave
• Ensure proper management of employment contract
• Monthly confirmation of payroll report
• Capture and approve PERSAL transactions
• Capture MMS appointment or promotion on PERSAL
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders on matters pertaining to staff relations
• Ensure proper record-keeping of all HR related documents
• Prepare personal statistics to Provincial and Head Office
• Updating organisational establishment
• Maintain service termination register
• Leave auditing upon service termination of staff members
• Liasing with stake holders in speeding up pension payments GEPF and SARS for payment
• Facilitate the registration of System Change Control (SCC) with National PERSAL Controller
• Develop and maintain survey database
• Provide on the job training to the newly appointed HR Officers...
Human Resources Officer (Internship)
Department of Health
December 2004 - May 2005
Key Performance Areas: Benefit Administration and Recruitment
• Leave administration, capturing, auditing and payment of leave gratuity
• Liasing with stakeholders, SARS, GEPF, PRIVATE PENSION FUNDS COMPANIES
• Interpreter in disciplinary hearings
• Responsible for ensuring good relations with our stake holders.
• Capture probation reports on PERSAL
• Capturing leave forms on persal and auditing.
• Capture General deductions and allowances on PERSAL
• Responsible for stock requisitions of my section and procument of goods and services
• Capture appointments and service termination on PERSAL
• Involved in pre-short-listing of applications
• Preparation for interviews, ensuring compliance on EE Targets
• Records all received applications
• Invite candidates for interviews and represent HR section
• Crafting of submissions and regret letters as well as appointment letters
• Handle correspondence before and after interviews
• Perform secretariat duties during interviews
• Prepare submission/recommendation for appointments
• Advising Manager on relevant HR Prescripts and its application
• Ensuring proper compliance on EPMDS and training gabs identified are attended too.
• Ensuring a smooth running on exits and ill health retirements
• Ensure proper filling and safe keeping of documents.
HR Clerk ( In-service Training)
November 2002 - May 2003
Key Performance Areas
• Filling of staff documents
• Perform registry duties
• Assist clients with regard to HR related issues
• Distribute salary advices to staff members
• Perform any other duties
• Advising Client in all quiries
• Presentation skills
• Communication skills at all levels
• Planning and organising skills
• Report writing skills
Qualifications & Certifications
national diploma in Human Resource Management
Mangosuthu University of Technology (Mangosuthu Technikon)