I am a powershell enthusiastic - recently built an antivirus and a tool to converts powershell scripts to exe /dll and nemodule .
Professionally I hold a N.Dip Engineering Computer Systems obtained from the Vaal University Of Technology.I have 2-3 years consulting experience as a BI Analyst in the telecommunication environment and recently an MIS analyst in the automotive space .
I am freelance powershell developer -i have recently built and antivirus and a tool to convert to ps1 files to exe /netmodule and dll .
From November 2014
• Understanding customer problems and provide appropriate technical solutions.
• Working with Client Operations Manager to clearly identify and resolve recurring customer issues but also identify opportunities.
• Providing customer support and assistance in issue troubleshooting and resolution.
• Timely delivery of clients monthly and adhoc reports
• Analyzing business information to identify process improvements for increasing business efficiency and effectiveness
• Provide support and maintenance to existing management information systems (MIS).
• Generating and distributing management reports in accurate and timely manner.
• Developing MIS documentation to allow for smooth operations and easy system maintenance.
• Providing recommendations to update current MIS to improve reporting efficiency and consistency.
• Performing data analysis for generating reports on periodic basis.
• Developing MIS system for customer management and internal communication.
• Providing strong reporting and analytical information support to management team.
• Generating both periodic and ad hoc reports as needed
• Developing an in-depth understanding of our data sources, tables and data relationships in a short period of time.
• Creating reports which combine data from multiple data sources.
• Expressing performance results and derivatives quickly in visual format showing the trend of events.
• Participating in evaluating future reporting tools.
• Constantly introducing new ways of reporting
BI Business Analyst Consultant
October 2011 - December 2013
Reasons for leaving Contract ended
o Closely worked with data analyst, BI Information Architects (Warehouse Architects), project managers and BI developers.
o Drawing data from systems and doing analysis on information retrieved
o Creating regular information reports to be presented to management.
o Ad hoc reporting on information retrieved and analyzed
o Daily/Weekly/Monthly reporting function
o Documentation of business rules, technical business rules and calculations, in accordance with business requirements specification (BRS) template provided and obtaining business sign-off
o Proactive communication of findings to the relevant stakeholders and highlighting shortfalls (if any) and actions required to address
o Requirements gathering for new products reporting, data warehouse and report specifications: static /dynamic reports /dashboards and cubes etc.
Well versed, extensive experience in the following
o Cognos: Front End Reporting Tool (BI Portal), Report Studio
o HP: HP Open View Service Desk 4.5
o Microsoft: Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook, Lync and Sharepoint
o Teradata SQL: SQL
o Sybase SQL: SQL
o Timesheet Xpress
November 2010 - January 2011
Reasons for leaving Contract ended (temporary employment)
Packing stock, cleaning the warehouse, putting age restriction on dvd games, picking orders, creating boxes for new orders, laminating dvd's, game bundles etc, sealing boxes, writing addresses and ref numbers on all stock going out
November 2007 - January 2008
Reasons for leaving Contract ended (temporary employment)
Giving out fliers, informing people about loans and payment options that are available at Capitec Bank
Other Computer Skills And Methodologies
I have developed a tool that converts powershell (*.ps1) files to *.exe /*.dll and netmodule - currently there is no GUI ps1 to exe /dll converter .
The program features are as follows :
-Converts powershell (*.ps1 ) scripts to exe /dll and netmodule
- Allows the use of custom icons
- Allows file version information to be created for th resulting exe/dll/netmodule
- Allows the resulting file to be signed digitally with a certificate coming from the trusted institutions.
AntiVirus (Using Sapien Powershell Studio)
I have created Antivirus using Sapien Powershell Studio which makes it easy to create windows forms in a Powershell scripts .
The antivirus is fully graphical and responsive –it creates a report on the fly about the data contained in USB/Removable devices .This comes handy when you are uncertain whether you want to scan or not.
The antivirus has an option to restores files/folders to a “normal” state – which comes handy when you have your most important files hidden by a virus.The antivirus can deem or mark files which need to be excluded when scanned or executed for the next time.
The antivirus has the following windows /components
• Quick Scan : Scans the commonly infected system files/folders such as the startup registry key ,startup folder ,memory and various system folders ,this is not a thorough scan as it does not recursively scan files but rather scans the root of each folder
• Full Scan : Scans the entire hard drive ,and also shows critical system performance data such as CPU Usage ,Memory Usage etc while scanning
• Scan Log : Shows the entire scan history
• On Demand /Shell Scan : scan usb’s ,folders or directories from the context menu
• Real Time Shield : monitors execution of highly potent files and prompts the user whether to allow the file to execute or not
• USB Monitor/Watcher : Monitors insertion or ejection of USB and prompts the user to scan or not
• Scan Results: This shows scanned files and allows the user to be able
Qualifications & Certifications
Beverly Hills High School
Vaal University of Technology
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more