Cleft Lip & Palate Surgeries
Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Smile Train Unit of Godrej Hospital
From January 2012
ary 2012 with Dr. Ravin Thatte (Plastic Surgeon) & Dr. Bharati Khandekar. Duties include managing OPD, performing cleft surgeries individually and pre & post op management of cleft patients.
Areas of interest:
1. Cleft lip and Palate
2. Orthognathic Surgeries
3. Maxillofacial Trauma
4. TMJ surgeries
5. MaxilloFacial Cosmetic Surgery
6. MaxilloFacial Reconstructive Surgery
7. Dental Implants
1. Conducted short term research on "Assessment of Perineural Infiltration and Spread of Oral Squamous Cell carcinoma: A clinicohistopathologic study" as part of dissertation submitted to RST Nagpur University.
2. Short term study on Palatal Fistulae in Cleft palate patients during Fellowship period - presented at 35th Annual National Conference of AOMSI.
3. Short term study on Medpor in Cleft Rhinoplasty during Fellowship period.
4. Short term study on Management of Cleft Maxillary Hypoplasia during Fellowship period
Consultant Cleft Surgeon
Navneet Hi-Tech Hospital
November 2011 - July 2012
(The centre has shut down after July 2012).
Palate and Craniofacial Surgery
February 2010 - January 2011
from Dr. Jeyasekharan centre for Cleft Care, 'SMILE TRAIN CLEFT PROJECT' Nagercoil, Tamilnadu. India, from FEBRUARY 2010 TO JANUARY 2011.
Sharad Pawar Dental College
December 2008 - December 2009
Duties included managing OPD/IPD patients, taking ward rounds, managing maxillofacial trauma, pathologies individually and oral cancer and TMJ surgeries under guidance. Exposure in Plastic surgical work in Reconstruction of maxillofacial defects with flaps (local & distant), Scar revisions, Rhinoplasty, Cleft lip and palate under Dr. Suhas Jajoo (Incharge Plastic Surgeon). Academic duties included taking lectures/demonstration for 3rd / 4th year BDS students.
2. Fellowship in Cleft Lip, Palate & Craniofacial Surgeries from Smile Train Unit at Nagercoil, under Dr. Sunil Richardson from Feb 2010 to Jan 2011. Duties included pre & post op management of cleft patients, assisting and performing under supervision cleft lip, palate, fistula repairs and alveolar bone graftings, cleft orthognathic and distraction osteogenesis surgeries and Rhinoplasty. Attending specialty camps for identification of cleft cases.
Qualifications & Certifications
Govt. Dental College & Hospital
Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education