Claim you profile
SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
Pan Asia Bank
July 2011 - December 2013
has been in operation for 18 years and is considered as one of the fastest growing banks in the industry. It possesses a network of 77 branches and offers a full range of Retail, SME and Business Banking products and services
SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
Division: Internal Audit Department
• Preparation of Audit Plans and coordinating Brain storming session in the audit teams to ensure smooth delivery of assurance.
• Analysis of external and internal environment and identification of potential strategic business risks and financial statements implications.
• Review of working papers and other special reports, and provide guidance and feedback to audit teams on their performance.
• Preparing Audit Reports and finalize audits contribute to the flawless operations in the bank by strict adherence to rules and regulations; undertake proactive measures in identifying potential risk.
• Preparation of Analytical Review on Financial and non financial Performance of Business units with justification on significant variance.
Ares of Experience: Specialized in following areas of audits/investigations and held the responsibility as a Team leader
• Treasury and Market Risk Management Audits. (Treasury Front office, Settlement Unit, Middle office, Assets & Liability management, Stress Testing, income recognition of treasury bills & Bonds on EIR method, Liquidity Assets ratio calculations and regulatory Frame for Integrated Risk Management of Licensed Commercial Banks).
• Audit on Finance Department. (Validate the controls over financial statement preparation, Journal entry posting process, Application of IFRS and LKAS, Statutory and General Payments, Nostro Reconciliation, Fixed Assets Capitalization/ Depreciation/Disposal/Revaluation,
• AML, KYC, Financial Transaction Reporting and Regulatory requirements / Compliance.
• Audit on Trade Finance and Guarantees.( Review on adherence of Statutory Requirements UCP 600, Assurance of Controls over processing, and Review process...
Metro Travels and Tours incorporated
June 2009 - July 2011
in 1995 is an IATA accredited Travel Agent based in Sri Lanka. It provide fully-fledged travel agent in Sri Lanka specializing in a wide range of travel related services that includes airline ticketing and reservations, destination management, inbound and outbound travels
• Preparation of Monthly Income and Expenditure statement and related MIS reports.
• Fund Management
• Comprehensive preparation of Budget and Variance Analysis
• Preparation of weekly Cash flow forecast
• Bank reconciliation.
• Preparation of debtor schedule.
• Preparation of monthly payroll.
• Handling all cash receivables and payables
• Monitoring the bank accounts.
• Handling of the Power office specialized accounting application for Travel Agency's accounting and administrative processes.
Banking and Finance
During my period of service at KPMG I was involved carrying out Internal Audit assignments of Banks, Manufacturing organizations, BPO, Insurance Companies, Trading and Apparel, such as assisting in planning, field work and audit compliance as per the KPMG audit methodologies and requirements of International Auditing Standards and other regulatory requirements. Significantly we performed Sarbanes Oxley (sec 404) Audit on Operational Control Assessments (OCA) in Unilever for 2006 / 2007.
Banking and Finance Review of Branch Operations on Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC and Peoples Bank
Manufacturing Unilever Sri Lanka
Apparel Industry Timex and Fergasam Group
BPO WNS Global Services (Sri Lanka)
KPMG - Ford Rhodes
June 2006 - January 2008
Thornton & Co (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
A professional service firm providing Audit, Tax and advisory services across 140 countries
Division: Risk Advisory Services
As an audit trainee I was a team player for handling of internal audits for leading companies in Sri Lanka. I was assigned the following,
• Maintaining good relationship with clients.
• Exhibiting team spirit in accomplishing the given audit assignment.
• Preparing internal audit reports.
• Giving good internal control recommendations to clients for improving their business operations.
• Preparing of audit programmes.
• Presenting the Clients with the Audit findings.
• Discussing the issues with the client management for their improvement.
• Giving priority for client care.
Qualifications & Certifications
Manchester Metropolitan University
Institute of Bankers of Sri Lanka
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more