Right from selection of products, technology, sourcing to development of customers in domestic & international markets. Commercial evaluation, Make vs Buy, Business Cases, Strategic Partnerships & project management
Sr. Manger Business Development (API Marketing)
Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd. (Daiichi Sankyo)
From June 2011
Company Profile: Ranbaxy is India's largest pharmaceutical company, along with Daiichi Sankyo Top 20 pharmaceutical companies in the world with ground presence in 43 countries & product sold in 125 countries across globe.
Designation: Sr. Manager API Marketing (Business Development)
* Responsible for providing landscape of API industry, key trends on market potential of existing products, new products & opportunities available in different markets with the objective of building business strategy & enhance portfolio.
* Lead in new line of business like Value Added Products (VAP), Finish Dosage B2B opportunities & Innovator Business (Custom Synthesis & Contract manufacturing). Work on strategic opportunities to bring synergies in US/EU & Japan market.
* Develop & Support sale US$ Mn 250 by 2017 (Mid Term Plan). Product portfolio profile over 100 products with addition of 10-15 API every year.
* Portfolio Management - API Grid selection & development management with R&D, IP & Regulatory team.
* Ensure Health of Business in terms of Profitability, Market share, Regional mix, Product Mix & Customer servicing.
* Leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) implementation for division with Microsoft Dynamics Team.
* Work with API head in alliances (Marketing / Contract Manufacturing / Technology) management activities with Global Pharma Majors.
* IMS presentations to top management- IMS, EXIM, New Port databases, Annual Budgets, Monthly/ Quarterly Reports with 360° view.
SBU head to set up API & Research
Medley Pharmaceuticals Ltd
December 2010 - June 2011
Company Profile: Top 50 Pharmaceutical companies & top 10 fastest growing company in domestic market in Finish Dosage forms. Exports to Asia, Africa & expanding in regulated markets -EU & South Africa.
Designation: GM - API
* As SBU head to set up API & Research business from scratch in synergy with formulation business for regulated markets.
* Preparation of project report & Instrumental in initiation of API manufacturing facility at Tarapur for company.
AGM International Business
Indoco Remedies Ltd
April 2006 - December 2010
Company Profile: Leading Pharmaceutical Company from India in Finish Dosage, API, Drug Intermediates, Custom Synthesis & Contract Research business with global reach.
Designation: AGM International Business
* Strategizing API Business: acquisition of API Plant, Market Research, Regulatory evaluation, Product selection, technology development, Sourcing, Commercialization, & Business Development in Domestic & Export Markets.
* Development of new pipeline of API products.
* Development of Customers in Regulated markets-USA, EU, Japan, Korea & Rest of The world Markets (@ 20 countries).
* Sourcing of critical intermediates from international markets including China.
* Heading domestic & export sales team & achieving sales targets.
* Product registration & invitation of audits from regulatory agencies.
* Management of trading business & manufacturing capacity outsourcing.
* Event management: CPHI exhibitions & other business promotion events.
* Strategizing API pipeline integration with pipeline of ANDA & eCTD dossiers.
* Sourcing of critical API's for Regulated market ANDA, eCTD dossiers pipeline of company.
* Selection of API pipeline to be forward integrated with domestic formulation business.
* Complying regulatory requirements from suppliers.
Custom Synthesis & Contract Research Business:
* Promotion of R &D capabilities (Synthesis & analytical) to leading generic & Innovator companies.
* Project Management: co-ordination with scientists & technical team of customers.
* Technology outsourcing, manufacturing capacity outsourcing.
Manager Business Development
Toll Mfg. for Glenmark Pharma
August 2004 - April 2006
Company Profile: as contract manufacturer for Glenmak Pharma for Bulk Drugs & Drug Intermediates.
Designation: Manager Business Development.
* Managing business of Contract Manufacturing project with Glenmark on techno-commercial front.
* Revival of new product development activity of existing facility at Dombivali by way of new product selection & technology sourcing.
* Identification of new customers, agents, suppliers for setting trading division.
* Development of Marketing Strategy product wise country wise / customer wise for API (Salbutamol sulphate, Riboflavine-5-Phosphate Sodium, Dex-chlorpheniramine etc., Intermediates-(Phthalic Acid, Morpholine, Piperazine derivatives) emphasis on non regulated market.
* International business development in regions like Latin America &, Asia.
* Market research activities-Total Demand Supply, Import Export data analysis- MIS
Calyx Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
April 2003 - July 2004
Company Profile: Manufacturer & Exporter of Bulk Drugs, Drug Intermediates. Also offers Custom Synthesis & Contract Research services.
Designation: Business Executive-Technical.
* Product -Mix, Product- Line Analysis. Technical & Market feasibility of new molecules in anti-diabetic, anti-hypertensive, anti-biotic, Macrolides, steroids, anti-tuberculosis etc. segments for bulk drugs & their Intermediates.
* Identification of projects & Project management- understanding customer requirements & transform it into product delivery for Custom Synthesis & Contract Research projects for USA & JAPAN customers.
* Development of Marketing Strategy product wise country wise / customer wise for API, Intermediates- emphasis on regulated market (Europe & USA).
* Business development area- Europe, USA, Japan & East Asia.
* Total Demand Supply, Import Export data analysis of selected products -MIS.
* Team member of USFDA implementation for bulk drugs.
Business Development Manager
August 2001 - March 2003
Company Profile: Manufacturer & Exporter of Bulk Drugs, Bulk Drugs Intermediates & Specialty Chemicals.
Designation: Business Development Manager.
* Team member in introducing 15 Intermediates (Piperazine, Triazole, Morpholine, Phtalic Acid, Anisole derivatives) & few Bulk Drug Products.
* Development / Marketing Strategy product wise / country wise / customer wise.
* Contract manufacturing for international customers.
* Business Development Area- Domestic & International- Europe, Far East Asia, Middle east, Korea, Latin America.
Co-Management Representative ISO
June 1999 - August 2001
Company Profile: Agencia LaDiagnos is marketing division of HiMedia Laboratories Limited (ISO 9002 & Export House Status Company) - Mumbai deals in Pharmaceutical Products - Dehydrated Culture Media, Laboratory Chemicals, Plastic-wares & Laboratory Aids & exports to around 40 countries around the Globe.
Designation: Asst. Manager Marketing & Sales
* Handled Dealers Network, Institutions & Actual Product users.
* Co-ordination between Technical Team & Sales & Marketing team for customer complaints.
* Responsible for leading & managing 23 Area sales managers.
* Business Development area- Domestic & Russia, Czech Rep., Iran, Saudi Arabia, UAE etc.
* Conducting training programs about new products for Sales Team & Dealers.
* Acted as Co-Management Representative ISO 9001 standards.
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more