Fully conversant with offshore engine room operations on AHTSs, PSVs, and other types of vessel in the North Sea and worldwide. Additionally experienced with propulsion variants such as Wartsila, Rolls Royce, and Caterpilar, Diesel-electric. DP1, DP2.
Atlas Services Group
August 2012 - October 2013
• Successfully worked on a PSV in the North Sea completing main engines, ER machinery and safety equipment maintenance and repairs.
• Cargo operations included wet and bulk cargo loading/discharging, faultfinding on electrical systems and ER management.
• Monitored ongoing standards of safety and quality, ensuring that repairs and maintenance were properly carried out.
• Constantly complied with Permit to Work and Risk Assessment procedures, participating in regular toolbox talks.
• Familiar with PMS such as SHIPSURE and AMOS, allied to extensive experience on Wartsila and Rolls-Royce engines.
• Updated the Planned Maintenance system, providing accurate and complete documentation.
Atlas Services Group
May 2011 - August 2012
• Adeptly worked on board AHTS and PSV types of ships including Vos Power, Vos Premier, Vos Precious, and Field Express.
3rd Engineer / Watchkeeper
• Carried out watchkeeping, effective maintenance and repairs and troubleshooting on auxiliary machinery systems.
• Undertook planned maintenance on main engines as well as electrical, instrumentation and control system.
• Completed troubleshooting to determine then resolve issues with all onboard works compliant with SMS code.
• Involved in cargo operations such as wet and bulk cargo loading and discharging on vessels.
3rd to 2nd Engineer
V Ships & Stolt BV
January 2006 - February 2011
• Served on Chemical Tankers completing maintenance and repairs on B&W-stx, Wartsila, and Caterpillar auxiliary engines.
• Initially an Engine Cadet, received promotion and rank advancement in roles including Oiler, 4th then 3rd Engineer.
• Worked on air compressors, heat exchangers, boilers, hydraulics (FRAMO), purifiers (HFO and LO), fresh water generator and deck machinery.
• Assisted with main engine overhaul assignments as well as a range of maintenance tasks and troubleshooting.
Qualifications & Certifications
Latvian Maritime Academy