Claim you profile
I am Miss Nikeeta Savjani, currently working as an manual handling trainer at coventry university. I have recently passed my MSc in Occupational therapy with distinction at Coventry University, I am looking forward for an opportunity to work as a Patient Manual Handling and CPR Trainer to further refine my skills and gain relevant experience in the field of Manual Hanlding and CPR Training. I am currently working as a Manual Handling Trainer at Coventry University in the Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Care. As a manual handling trainer, I teach pre-registration nursing student, midwives and paramedics correct way of handling patient on bed (Bed maneuvers) with the use of sliding sheets, hoists ( tracking hoist, standing hoist, bathing hoist), pat slides and rotunda and bed blocks and bed levers. I also teach them correct sit to stand maneuvers with patient and the effective use of banana boards for the patients. Moreover, I also teach how to do a safe assisted walking with the patient and inanimate object handling and wheelchairs. Apart from practical knowledge, I also give theoretical knowledge about various legislations relation correct manual handling and the anatomy and injuries to the spine due to poor manual handling techniques. Apart from Patient manual handling training, I also provide them with the CPR training and how to effectively manage the situation of choking, recovery position and efficient use of ventilation aids. I have also developed effective team workings skills by working efficiently with the professionals from other disciplines in multi-disciplinary team and by working in groups during academic projects, involving the planning and implementation of ideas, role allocation, sharing and co-ordination. Moreover, I have also enhanced my communication skills, both verbal and written.
Manual Handling Trainer
From January 2012
• Under the close supervision and guidance of senior academic staff, to deliver manual handling training and CPR training to the Pre-Registration Nursing Students of Coventry University.
• To teach them inanimate object handling, risk assessment, various bed maneuvers using various equipments such as Hoists, Sliding Sheets, Pat Slides, Rotunda, bed blocks and bed levers, sit to stand maneuvers, Banana boards, assisted walking and handling of falling patient.
• To provide them with CPR training, management of Choking, Recovery positions and use of various ventilation aids.
• To seek ways of improving students’ way of learning by reviewing the effectiveness and identifying the areas of improvement.
• To provide appropriate support and guidance to the students as and when required.
I have recently passed my People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer's certificate course held by EDGE Services on 24th February 2012 with 100% marks. This certificate is valid until February 2014.
I have also recently passed my Children Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate Course to be held by EDGE Services on 20th November 2012.
India- Occupational Therapist
Spandan Holistic Institute and Holistic Child Care Centre
June 2010 - August 2010
Successfully handled the cases of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, Learning Disability, Down's syndrome, ADHD and Mental Retardation.
• Assessing these children in the domain of behavior, social and communicative development and independence in daily activities doing follow-up assessment every three months.
• Developing client-centred and family-focused intervention strategies.
• Discussing and documenting the progress reports and intervention strategies along with the other team members of MDT.
Internship at Padmashree
Dr. D. Y. Patil Hospital
August 2009 - February 2010
This has helped me in gaining experience in rehabilitation of
Musculo-skeletal conditions, Neurological conditions,
Developmental disabilities, Surgical conditions,
Cardiopulmonary conditions, Mental illness and Community-
This further helped in becoming confident and competent in
all the domains of health-care.
India - Volunteer
Spandan Holistic Institute and Holistic Child Care Centre
April 2008 - December 2009
Helping in Conducting and organizing Camps for these children and their parents.
• Providing OT assistant service on a voluntary basis.
• Providing support in other social works.
• Have been able to successfully rehabilitate cases of children with developmental disabilities, adults with Mental illnesses and Neurological conditions independently by home visits.
To explore the expereince of parents of childrenw with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Final project: This project as a part of my MSc in Occupational Therapy couse at Coventry Univerisyt. It was aimed at exploring the experience of parents of children with Autism Spectrum disorder to guide the health-care professionals while providing rehabilitation services as well as helps other parents in developing effective coping strategies.
Final project scored 72%
This research involved the exploration of positive and negative experiences of parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder as well as identifying the various coping strategies developed by these parents to successfully intervene with their child.
I am currently publishing the paper on this reseacrh in the British Journal of Occupational Therapy. The topic is accepted by the journal for publication. But i am currently doing soe writing amendations.
Qualifications & Certifications
MSc in Occuaptional Therapy
Bachelors in Occupational Therapy
Pad. Dr. D.Y. Patil college of Occupational Therapy
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more