Running of the food and beverage operaqtions on board ship. Food and Supply ordering. Control and distribution. Revenue generating outlets. Service Outlets.
Asst.Culinary Operations Manager
Holland America Line
September 2010 - February 2013
Salary $132/ per day.
Holland America Line
April 2007 - September 2010
mhilgersome@HollandAmerica.com Manager Human Resource
Salary $ 2850 + Incentives which average $4600 Plus Per month.
Carnival Cruise Lines
October 2002 - October 2006
Assistant F&B Manager till 7/10/2002
Carnival Cruise Lines.
firstname.lastname@example.org Manager Human Resources
August 1997 - December 2006
As Assistant F&B Manager my responsibilities were:
• 28 galley stewards and 30 team waiters under my supervision.
• Supply budget for the Galley and Restaurant Service Operations.
• I assisted the F&B Manger in the day to day running of the Staff & Crew D. Rooms.
• Promoted to Bar Manager on 7/10/2002
As Bar Manager my responsibilities were
• On an average 60/70 personnel to direct in the beverage service.
• My priorities during my tenure here was to maintain excellence in Customer Care.
• Allocating resources as budgeted by the company maximizing performance and efficiency in both human and material resources.
• Organizing and cocoordinating the F&B Services for events, special functions, parties weddings, meetings and conferences.
• Identifying revenue opportunities, implementing plans to achieving targets and budgets designed for the department.
• Responsible for the Revenue Cost, Guest Ratings, Stock Management and Control, and to help achieve the best results for all of the above.
• Compliance to Health Hygiene & Safety regulations of government and company directives.
• Training, appraising and motivating the team to excel and exceed expectations. Mentoring and training
supervisors and prospective middle managers.
Apollo Ship Chandlers
March 1993 - July 1997
Dolphin Cruise Lines
1600 pax ship to 3500 pax ship.
• I had to manage 65 bar staff in this operation.
• For all beverage operations on board
• The bar storeroom.
• This job and its responsibilities were similar to the above except for the additional storeroom stock
maintenance and distribution to all outlets similar to the position of a Controller.
• Salary $2400 + Incentives
Bartender; Head Bartender; Assistant Food Manager
Royal Caribbean International
March 1989 - February 1993
• I introduced special theme nights in the lounges to promote guest participation and increase revenue
• Created bar menus that were tailored to certain out lets that helped to increase revenue and was appropriate for the outlets they were used for.
• I introduced Wine Sampling programs in the ships wine cellars, to increase and promote the sales of wines.
• I added, modified and helped change company recipes
• I introduced a Rum and Coffee Flambé lecture which promotes the Beverage department.
• I designed and sell a package for the Dining Room sales to accommodate and sell drinks to guests who prefer
not to buy a bottle of wine (Package includesChampagne Cocktail or Martinia glass of Select House Wine
Red/White and -An after dinner cocktail)
• I designed for the fleet special occasion drinks such as World Cup Football, Valentines Day, St.Patricks Day,
Halloween and more.
• I organized wine seminars and cocktail demonstrations for guests.
Qualifications & Certifications