Claim you profile
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
OPERATIONS / LOGISTICS MANAGER
Diplomatic Freight Services
Lead Logistics Manager, responsible for 70 personnel over three airhead warehouse operations, reporting to the Director Afghanistan Operations in Dubai.
• Oversee Station Managers in the warehouse management, stock control and replenishment, procurement and maintenance schedules at Kandahar, Kabul and Camp Bastion.
• Supervise budgets and actively seek cost saving measures to maximise company profits
• Manage extensive operations, while developing workable solutions to unusual problems
• Evaluate, design and deliver training enhancement initiatives for the continuous professional development of management team and multi-ethnic staff
• Close liaison with all departments in country monitoring day-to-day activities, providing guidance and feedback to ensure standards and procedures are closely followed
• Daily liaison with key head office departments - Accounts, Missions Commercial Cargo and HR
• Collate weekly 'Situation Report' to cover all activities within Afghanistan for Dubai Board Meetings
• Carried out 'Quality Audit' and 'Health & Safety' checks on each DFS location within Afghanistan, compiling continuous improvement reports and recommendations for change.
• Close monitoring of budgetary finance of each business unit, with outstanding focus on mitigating needless expenditure, whilst implementing effective cost saving measures
Middle East LOGISTICS
Logistics / Station Manager reporting directly to the Senior Operations Manager with responsibility for 35 staff
• Manager of all activities within the largest Station within DFSME group, ensuring all cargo is easily identifiable and ramp operations are completed in compliance with IATA ground handling regulations
• Implement stock control / despatch and inventory checks to maintain productivity
• Managed all ground handling contracts ensuring all agreed services are utilised and cost controlled.
• Responsible for the recruitment, management, administration, welfare and discipline of all staff
• Audited all internal processes, implementing and managing standards
• Investigated and followed through on all accidents and incidents
• Close liaison with cargo managers ensuring cargo operation activity is in accordance with all approved CAA regulations
• Maintain relationship with suppliers, transport agencies and senior managers to continually improve operations
• Monitor and implement continual cost saving measures, whilst purchasing from new and existing suppliers
• Co-ordinate the maintenance schedule for all ground handling equipment and company vehicles, whilst ensuring a safe and clean working environment, that is fully compliant with all current regulations in regards to Health & Safety and Environmental Awareness
Middle East FLIGHT OPERATIONS MANAGER
Diplomatic Freight Services
Single point manager controlling 4 light aircraft and crews in the support of flying operations around Afghanistan.
• Responsible for identifying requirements and scheduling suitable assets
• Liaison with all airport authority's to ensure compliance of local regulations
• Allocation and tasking of manpower in support of the operational strategy and budget
• Tasked with sourcing cost effective method of delivery to meet company requirements
• Monitoring crew flying hours and schedules.
• Development and updating of Emergency Response Plan, development and training of Crisis Management team
• Co-ordination of maintenance schedule for all aircraft
• Monitor and implement continual cost saving measures in line with company policy
SHIFT MANAGER/LIAISON OFFICER
HM Forces - Royal Air Force
Progressed through the ranks to a senior management level, positions held throughout the world and in many complex environments including Africa, Afghanistan and Iraq.
• Flight Commander responsible for welfare, discipline and manpower allocations
• Responsible for H&S in the workplace and awareness training for staff
• Monthly reporting to senior management on all aspects of supply chain issues
• Liaison Officer for US Department of Defence whilst serving in the USA
• Maintained a fleet of vehicles ranging from small cars to large aircraft transfer loaders
• Managed 300k budget for procurement of local services and consumables
• Key Account Manager (Commercial Desk) at MOD Booking Centre
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more