Claim you profile
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
OPERATIONS / LOGISTICS MANAGER
Diplomatic Freight Services
Lead Logistics Manager, responsible for 70 personnel over three airhead warehouse operations, reporting to the Director Afghanistan Operations in Dubai.
• Oversee Station Managers in the warehouse management, stock control and replenishment, procurement and maintenance schedules at Kandahar, Kabul and Camp Bastion.
• Supervise budgets and actively seek cost saving measures to maximise company profits
• Manage extensive operations, while developing workable solutions to unusual problems
• Evaluate, design and deliver training enhancement initiatives for the continuous professional development of management team and multi-ethnic staff
• Close liaison with all departments in country monitoring day-to-day activities, providing guidance and feedback to ensure standards and procedures are closely followed
• Daily liaison with key head office departments - Accounts, Missions Commercial Cargo and HR
• Collate weekly 'Situation Report' to cover all activities within Afghanistan for Dubai Board Meetings
• Carried out 'Quality Audit' and 'Health & Safety' checks on each DFS location within Afghanistan, compiling continuous improvement reports and recommendations for change.
• Close monitoring of budgetary finance of each business unit, with outstanding focus on mitigating needless expenditure, whilst implementing effective cost saving measures
Middle East LOGISTICS
Logistics / Station Manager reporting directly to the Senior Operations Manager with responsibility for 35 staff
• Manager of all activities within the largest Station within DFSME group, ensuring all cargo is easily identifiable and ramp operations are completed in compliance with IATA ground handling regulations
• Implement stock control / despatch and inventory checks to maintain productivity
• Managed all ground handling contracts ensuring all agreed services are utilised and cost controlled.
• Responsible for the recruitment, management, administration, welfare and discipline of all staff
• Audited all internal processes, implementing and managing standards
• Investigated and followed through on all accidents and incidents
• Close liaison with cargo managers ensuring cargo operation activity is in accordance with all approved CAA regulations
• Maintain relationship with suppliers, transport agencies and senior managers to continually improve operations
• Monitor and implement continual cost saving measures, whilst purchasing from new and existing suppliers
• Co-ordinate the maintenance schedule for all ground handling equipment and company vehicles, whilst ensuring a safe and clean working environment, that is fully compliant with all current regulations in regards to Health & Safety and Environmental Awareness
Middle East FLIGHT OPERATIONS MANAGER
Diplomatic Freight Services
Single point manager controlling 4 light aircraft and crews in the support of flying operations around Afghanistan.
• Responsible for identifying requirements and scheduling suitable assets
• Liaison with all airport authority's to ensure compliance of local regulations
• Allocation and tasking of manpower in support of the operational strategy and budget
• Tasked with sourcing cost effective method of delivery to meet company requirements
• Monitoring crew flying hours and schedules.
• Development and updating of Emergency Response Plan, development and training of Crisis Management team
• Co-ordination of maintenance schedule for all aircraft
• Monitor and implement continual cost saving measures in line with company policy
SHIFT MANAGER/LIAISON OFFICER
HM Forces - Royal Air Force
Progressed through the ranks to a senior management level, positions held throughout the world and in many complex environments including Africa, Afghanistan and Iraq.
• Flight Commander responsible for welfare, discipline and manpower allocations
• Responsible for H&S in the workplace and awareness training for staff
• Monthly reporting to senior management on all aspects of supply chain issues
• Liaison Officer for US Department of Defence whilst serving in the USA
• Maintained a fleet of vehicles ranging from small cars to large aircraft transfer loaders
• Managed 300k budget for procurement of local services and consumables
• Key Account Manager (Commercial Desk) at MOD Booking Centre
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.