Create maps and graphs, using GIS software and related equipment.
Meet with users to define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, or to develop applications.
Conduct Research to locate and obtain existing databases.
Gather, analyze, and integrate spatial data from staff and determine how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
Design and update database, applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representations.
Enter new map data through use of a digitizer or by direct input of coordinate information using the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
Analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data.
Prepare metadata and other documentation.
Operate and maintain GIS system hardware, software, plotter, digitizer, color printer, and video camera.
Move, copy, delete, and add files, drawings, and maps to output reports in hard copy or electronic transfer.
Present information to users and answer questions.
Retrieve stored maps.
GIS Specialist/ Project Manager
City of Cape Town Electricity SDE Database
• Surveying of electrical substations for accurate representation in City of Cape Town Electricity SDE Database, scoping various phases of the project, implementation of methodology and training of fellow staff members
• Cable and meter kiosk detection for City of Cape Town, tasks involve opening meter kiosks to determine cable sizes and direction of the cable route
• GPS street lights for the City of Cape Town
Languages: Speak Read Write
English very good very good very good
Afrikaans very good good good
I am a very hard and diligent worker willing to go the extra mile for my employer. My progression in the last six year working on different projects with my current employer is testament to my abilities as a leader and a follower, as these are the fundamentals of working on projects, the ability to communicate well with others is key to project success
And this is probably my biggest strength. Coupled with the wealth of experience I have acquired of the last six years as a GIS Specialist and recently as a project manager I am surely the best candidate for the position.
GIS Specialist/ Project Manager
SDE Geodatabase for the Tygerberg
• Electrical reticulation Data capture into a SDE Geodatabase for the Tygerberg municipality.
• Provision of GIS Service to clients on site
• Electrical reticulation Quality control, Project management, training of staff and Geodatabase restructuring for the Electrical reticulation project for the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality.
• GIS Development for Bentley, ESRI migration project for SITA at Provincial Department of Transport. Converting Linear referencing data from CAD to an ESRI based environment, implementation of a migration from Bentley to ESRI, documentation and support.
• Activities for the ESRI migration project for SITA at Provincial Department of Transport included Managing Spatial datasets, cleaning up of datasets by means of running Topology.
• Coordinate and supervise project staff.
• Design, implement and monitor procedures for projects
• Compile progress reports and project documentation
• Quality assurance
• Complete basic image manipulation and re-project images in ERDAS (Geo & Ortho rectification)
• Clients Support
• Manage own and approve subordinate timesheets
GIS Data Technician
• Electrical reticulation data capture for Tygerberg Municipality
• Assist in training of staff members.
• Assist in Quality Control.
• Problem solving, query building and research
Notable Projects and Activities During this period
GIS Data Technician /GIS Specialist
Qualifications & Certifications
General Cad Draughting
Cape Peninsula University Of Technology
College of Cape Town
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more