A dependable and collaborative team player with a proven ability to write instruction manuals, user guides, blog articles, whitepapers and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily. A versatile writer with 5+ yrs. of experience, proficient in technical communication, having impeccable writing and editing skills and a long track record of writing technical, promotional and SEO compliant (keyword rich) articles.
I have the ability to write professionally and creatively and generate quality content for websites/projects. I have many years of experience in researching and writing on diverse topics ranging from technology to entertainment and lifestyle.
Digital Content Manager
From January 2014
Role: Technical Documentation, Blogging, Web copy Writing, SEO Article Writing
Technical Documentation Tools used: Snagit, MS Visio, RoboHelp, MS Office Suite
• Manage the development, design and execution of online content for website and other external web properties.
• Develop comprehensive and compelling content related to Big Data, Hadoop, Cloud Computing, and Regulatory Compliance for Hexanika website which is extended to company’s leading social platforms and properties (including LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, etc.). Content portfolio spans website content, articles, press releases, blogs, case studies, technical documentation, whitepapers, etc.
• Create documentation for technical users – inhouse and end users. Documentation consists of user guides, online help, FAQs and knowledge base articles.
• Execute strategy that creates engaging content for key influencers, media, bloggers and other critical external audiences.
• Develop and refine content creation and production workflows to assist in collaborative digital content planning and execution.
• Interpret reports within Google Analytics e.g. learning about traffic sources, time metrics and content reports.
Company Profile: Hexanika provides solutions towards cloud computing, real-time big data analytics, risk management, and business and technology transformation challenges that help financial organizations thrive and succeed in changing business environment
Sr. Business/Technical Writer
Sears IT and Management India Pvt. Ltd.
May 2013 - December 2013
Role: Technical Documentation, Web copy Writing, Training Manuals
Technical Documentation Tools used: Snagit, MS Visio, MS Office Suite
• Worked closely with software developers/SME’s and developed training presentations on Big Data technologies like Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Sqoop, Hive, Pig, etc. and NoSQL technologies like Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase.
• Proofread/review technical manuscripts, online content, corporate internal publications, and business development deliverables for grammar, content and style of writing.
• Edit and re-write portions of technical documents, case studies, and marketing collaterals.
• Assist with preparation, coordination, copyediting, and proofing of business proposals/plan.
• Adjust copy as necessary and edit the documents according to the set standards regarding order, clarity, style and terminology.
Company Profile: Sears IT and Management Services (India) Pvt. Limited provides corporate IT services to Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) and is a leading integrated retailer with more than 2,500 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada and the home of SHOP YOUR WAY.
Sub Editor (Content and Design)
Indian Knowledge Corporation
June 2009 - October 2011
Role: Sub-Editing, Content writing, Book Writing, Curriculum Development
• Acted as a department incharge (Team size: 5) – Delegating work to the sub-editors, formatting experts and graphic designers; supervise and mange the overall performance of the staff in the department.
• Responsible for ensuring correct image resolution/sizes/color usage and formats and ensured correct image/illustration placement in the course book.
• Creation of sample products of a manuscript like Abridged edition, 11th hour revision, Teacher’s handbook, Lab Manual. Question bank, Reference Material.
• Responsible for producing print-ready files.
• Responsible for preparing ‘Editorial Calendar’ at the beginning of every month specifying the delivery schedule of manuscripts.
• Check the flow, relevancy of the content in relation to the subject domain as well as adherence of SIM (Self Instructional Material) guidelines prescribed.
• Developing content for subject books which were the part of various university syllabuses. Writing topics covered a wide range of academic disciplines like management, media graphics, computers, aviation, etc.
Company Profile: IKC is a complete solution provider for distance learning requirements of universities/educational institutions and institutions of higher learning.
Marketing and Circulation Coordinator
ADI Media Pvt. Ltd.
July 2007 - March 2009
Role: Writing Press Releases, Ad-Proposals, Client Engagement, Transcription
• Involved in content writing for 2 in-house magazines – ‘Broadcast and CableSat’ and ‘TV Veopar Journal’. Also, involved in editing, rewriting stories, coordination with reporters/PR persons, designers and illustrators.
• Compile/Update massive database to deliver maximum value to the advertisers (Using SAP – Business Partners for generating invoices, PO’s, generating various lists).
• Prepared AD proposals for clients and demonstrated strong skills in time management, prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
• Researched, updated and maintained media lists, and provided support at special event/client meetings.
• Attended and covered press meets and product launch.
• Interviewed industry leaders; prepared questionnaires, background research.
Company Profile: ADI Media is a B2B magazine publisher with four niche publications - TV Veopar Journal, Communications Today, Broadcast and Cablesat, and Medical Buyer.
Sr. Customer Care Executive
Dish TV (An Essel Group Venture)
July 2005 - April 2007
Role: Call Handling, Outbound Calling, Customer Retention
• Resolved customer complaints over the phone as well as through e-mail.
• Performed duties in the retention department, retaining customers who wanted to cancel their Dish TV connections.
• Done outbound calling including Prospective calling, Welcome Calling and Renewal calling.
• Answered inbound calls in support of customer needs, conveyed in a reassuring manner, step-by-step instructions to resolve application issues.
Company Profile: Dish TV is India’s first direct to home entertainment service that has digitalized Indian entertainment to bring to our home the best in television viewing through the latest in digital technology.
Customer Service Executive
Finedge India Pvt Ltd
March 2004 - June 2005
Role: Call Handling
• Handled Hutch (Vodafone) customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Managed a high volume workload within a deadline-driven environment.
• Demonstrated outstanding problem solving and active listening skills – able to diffuse difficult customer situations with tact an ease.
Company Profile: Finedge offers both strategic brand consultancy and conceptualization/execution of brand activation programs. Their customers include the market leaders in cellular, financial services, insurance and consumer goods industries.
Technology + General Articles
Qualifications & Certifications
IACM, Sikkim Manipal University
Ramjas School Pusa Road
PG Diploma in Mass Communication and Journalism
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more