I am actively looking for work in the skills sector in the business and corporate community.
I have developed some interesting training methods which could be incorporated into an existing organisation. I am also interested in work around food security which involves training.
I get excited when asked to develop materials which measures skills, changes attitude and behaviour.
One of my greatest discoveries was that a story method, where the facilitator and listeners co- create a story around an identified problem, not only changes outcomes for the participants, but also for those who hear, second hand of the learning experience.
I try to involve story in all my work in the classroom.
I am a registered assessor and moderator for the Services Seta, ETDP Seta and HWSETA
Training Materials Developer
I developed the One Bokkie Story method, a peer education method that was recognised by the HWSETA with an ISOE grant and by industry leaders as one of the most effective methods to bring about behaviour change. I wrote a manual on Community Orientated Primary Care for Juta Publishing, a manual on infection control for a WC Health Department Project as well as have assisted training companies to improve materials to achieve better learner results at verification with their respective industry seta’s.
National Training Manager
March 2014 - August 2014
Completed the Quality Management System for NICRO learning Division
Co- ordinated the development of Learning Material for a schools project
Set up a joint venture agreement with a FET college for a learnership
Secured a contract with an Education Department
Assisted with registration of NICRO assessors with the ETDP ETQA
Course developer and Training Manager
Call the Rain CC
September 2001 - July 2013
• Wrote material and conduct HIV/Aids TB and counseling training for the Phlebotomist Learnership for the Pathcare Academy, and the South African National Laboratory Service.
• Assisted in the development of generic counseling training for the Netcare Hospital Group.
• Assisted TB/HIV Care Association in certificating over 300 Health Care Workers in the TB Unit Standard at NQF level 2 through a RPL process.
• Assisted Juta Health (a division of Juta Publishing) to obtain Full Accreditation Training Status with the HWSETA.
• Commissioned by Juta Health to compile a FET text book on public health for FET colleges.
NQF level 3.
• Conducted HIV/Aids and TB workshops in 9 provinces, to over 450 learners for the Services Seta in a national rural training project.
• Assisted in the development of training manuals to train over 100 domestic workers in the Cape Metropolis in Infection Control Principles in the Health Care setting.
Juta Training Acadamy
I assisted Juta Acadamy gain accreditation with the HWSETA in 2011by developing their QMS and guiding the division on materials development.
Over 100 Storytellers were awarded a certficte in storyteling in the fight agianst HIV/Aids and TB at a graduation/ Imbizo ceremony in 2010. Storytellers came from both the corporate and non proit sector in Cape Town Metroplis.
TB /HIV Care Association
Over 300 TB dots workers were RPL' D against the SAQA unit standard on TB in 2008. learners were awarded a credit bearing certificate at a graduation ceremony at the Good Hope Centre in Cape Town
I worked as a consultant for TB/HIV Care Association to ensure this projects success
I wrote a manual on Community Orientated Primary Care for a NQF level 4 project
Qualifications & Certifications
Post Graduate Diploma in HIV/Aids Management
Diploma in General, Psychiatric, Community and Midwifery Nursing
Carinuis Nursing College
B Tech Community Nursing
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more