I am actively looking for work in the skills sector in the business and corporate community.
I have developed some interesting training methods which could be incorporated into an existing organisation. I am also interested in work around food security which involves training.
I get excited when asked to develop materials which measures skills, changes attitude and behaviour.
One of my greatest discoveries was that a story method, where the facilitator and listeners co- create a story around an identified problem, not only changes outcomes for the participants, but also for those who hear, second hand of the learning experience.
I try to involve story in all my work in the classroom.
I am a registered assessor and moderator for the Services Seta, ETDP Seta and HWSETA
Training Materials Developer
I developed the One Bokkie Story method, a peer education method that was recognised by the HWSETA with an ISOE grant and by industry leaders as one of the most effective methods to bring about behaviour change. I wrote a manual on Community Orientated Primary Care for Juta Publishing, a manual on infection control for a WC Health Department Project as well as have assisted training companies to improve materials to achieve better learner results at verification with their respective industry seta’s.
National Training Manager
March 2014 - August 2014
Completed the Quality Management System for NICRO learning Division
Co- ordinated the development of Learning Material for a schools project
Set up a joint venture agreement with a FET college for a learnership
Secured a contract with an Education Department
Assisted with registration of NICRO assessors with the ETDP ETQA
Course developer and Training Manager
Call the Rain CC
September 2001 - July 2013
• Wrote material and conduct HIV/Aids TB and counseling training for the Phlebotomist Learnership for the Pathcare Academy, and the South African National Laboratory Service.
• Assisted in the development of generic counseling training for the Netcare Hospital Group.
• Assisted TB/HIV Care Association in certificating over 300 Health Care Workers in the TB Unit Standard at NQF level 2 through a RPL process.
• Assisted Juta Health (a division of Juta Publishing) to obtain Full Accreditation Training Status with the HWSETA.
• Commissioned by Juta Health to compile a FET text book on public health for FET colleges.
NQF level 3.
• Conducted HIV/Aids and TB workshops in 9 provinces, to over 450 learners for the Services Seta in a national rural training project.
• Assisted in the development of training manuals to train over 100 domestic workers in the Cape Metropolis in Infection Control Principles in the Health Care setting.
Juta Training Acadamy
I assisted Juta Acadamy gain accreditation with the HWSETA in 2011by developing their QMS and guiding the division on materials development.
Over 100 Storytellers were awarded a certficte in storyteling in the fight agianst HIV/Aids and TB at a graduation/ Imbizo ceremony in 2010. Storytellers came from both the corporate and non proit sector in Cape Town Metroplis.
TB /HIV Care Association
Over 300 TB dots workers were RPL' D against the SAQA unit standard on TB in 2008. learners were awarded a credit bearing certificate at a graduation ceremony at the Good Hope Centre in Cape Town
I worked as a consultant for TB/HIV Care Association to ensure this projects success
I wrote a manual on Community Orientated Primary Care for a NQF level 4 project
Qualifications & Certifications
Post Graduate Diploma in HIV/Aids Management
Diploma in General, Psychiatric, Community and Midwifery Nursing
Carinuis Nursing College
B Tech Community Nursing
Cape Peninsula University of Technology