Claim you profile
Dynamic and motivated young Ba (Hons) English Language and Literature graduate, born in Germany and fully bilingual in English and German. Capable of utilising both languages at the highest level, having achieved a first class degree after studying at both German and English universities. Involved in freelance translation, proof reading and editing, allowing for high levels of self motivation and excellent prioritising and time management skills.
Native German speaker with excellent spoken and written skills, educated to university level in Germany.
German Car Fleet Administrator
IBM North Harbour
From September 2012
• Carrying out daily bilingual customer support and solving arising problems on the spot
• Responsible for recalculating service and finance contracts for leasing companies, using initiative to evaluate the most financially viable option for adjustments to contracts
• In charge of monthly in-team 10% auditing of data input and calculations of end-of-contract excess mileage payments
• Producing and sending requests for no claims insurance bonuses, negotiating with insurance companies if problems arise
• Sourcing and reallocating company cars that are returned early, and hence ensuring that costly early termination fees are limited where possible
From October 2012
People Per Hour, Online
• Translation English-German and German-English for a varied client base
• Achieving highest client satisfaction through high attention to detail and fast, efficient delivery of work under tight deadlines
• Regular negotiations of job specifications, oftentimes dealing with multiple clients at a time
PS Writing Ltd
August 2008 - October 2008
PS Writing, Portsmouth
• Proof reading and editing articles for medical journals, paying keen attention to layout and lexical details
• English-German translation of posters for conferences, developing a good feel for medical terminology and style in a multilingual environment
• Creating menus for DVDs with journal articles to be sent out to clients
February 2006 - September 2012
Souther Co-operatives, Portsmouth
• Dealing with customer enquiries and complaints, learning to avoid or effectively resolve conflicts (including attending training course on the subject)
• Solely responsible for shift organization and meeting deadlines
• Staff training and staff reviews, gaining experience in resolving issues in diplomatic but firm ways
• Daily handling of cash and cash auditing if discrepancies were discovered
Qualifications & Certifications
English Language and Literature
University of Portsmouth
University of Paderborn
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.