Claim you profile
Bodily injury handler
Claim Liability Handler
From June 2011
• Investigated and decided on legitimacy of each insurance bodily injury claim request received from solicitors on behalf of clients on a daily basis
• Contacted and built working relationships with customers and their representatives by phone, email and post
• Gained a good understanding of insurance industry and utilised a good understanding highway code and various case laws to resolve disputes
• Resolved claim disputes by investigating and gathering evidence and arranging visits as necessary to clarify situations and eliminate fraud
• Achieved claim handling targets and adhered to completion of cases within 15 days of receipt of claim Communicated and negotiated with external representatives such as solicitors, brokers and other insurance companies
• Controlled the payment of Solicitors fees when claim liability accepted and any invoices relating to the investigation and completion of each claim
• Efficiently used various internal IT systems and programs to record data and case details including the creation of spreadsheets
• Assisted colleagues on a daily basis through own knowledge of IT systems
Supervisor before promotion to Bar Manager
September 2007 - June 2011
and then Supervisor before promotion to Bar Manager
September 2007 - October 2008
Developed high end retail customer relationships with individual customers to build the client base and increase sales targets. Maintained and replenished stock, Used tills and ordering systems and audited and organised stock for sale preparation.
Studio Manager/Pattern Cutter
Rags to Bitches
March 2007 - September 2007
Head Pattern cutter- working closely with clients to design garments for occasions & events.
Constructing patterns for bespoke made to measure garments.
Assistant to seamstresss in production of garments in order to meet customer needs and targets
September 2006 - March 2007
Qualifications and Training:
• 9 GCSE's grades A-C
• GNVQ I.T- Merit
• 3 AS levels- grades D and above
• National Diploma Fashion & Clothing- Pass
• NVQ Black & White photography-Pass
• NVQ CAD-Pass
• NVQ Life Drawing-Pass
• NVQ Jewellery Making-Pass
• ABC pattern Cutting-Pass
• DPA - Data Protection Act
• CBT - Wellbeing, business ethics code, diversity, health & safety, anti-bribery and anti-corruption, financial crime, data protection act, business protection, treating customers fairly
• Fraud - awareness, detection and fraud types.
• Health and Safety
• Communication and Negotiation with customers and suppliers
• Bar/cocktail training
• Pattern cutting
• Screen printing
Qualifications & Certifications
National Dimploma Fashion & Clothing. HND Garment technology
Yale College Wrexham & Manchester Metropolitan University
Lakelands, Ellesmere, Shropshire
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more