Claim you profile
AAT Qualified Book Keeper with Pitman Diploma in Sage Line 50, Excel Pro and Word Pro
Restaurant, Bar & Event Operations Manager
From March 2014
Food & Beverage Manager
The Chimney House
From May 2013
Restaurant, Bar & Events Operations Manager
The Hotel Seattle, Brighton Marina
May 2013 - March 2014
The Hotel Seattle is situated in Brighton Marina. This 71 bedroom boutique style hotel has a bar, event bar, restaurant and 4 function rooms. We cater for meetings, weddings and private parties in this beautifully relaxed setting.
• Complete control and accountability for the day to day Food and Beverage operation
• Prepare and submit monthly departmental reports and present them at the Financial Review Meeting.
• Monitoring food and liquor sales and communicate various trends to the General Manager.
• Maintaining stock levels for high volume of weekly functions and weddings in accordance with an effective budget.
• Establishing contacts with organisations, associations and industries who will patronise the restaurant for their bookings, focusing on promotion of the hotel facilities and meeting customer needs.
• Duty Management shifts.
• Menu and wine list planning, writing and Micros till programming.
• Training, motivation and development inc Health and Safety, Rotas, Hygiene, Recruitment
• Leading a team of 25 staff members.
Pop Restaurant and Bar
From August 2011
June 2011 - August 2011
Pop Up Restaurants and Events
Pop Restaurant and Bar was a new venture situated within The Royal York Hotel. Unfortunately this role ended after a few weeks due to financial difficulties of the owner. I can provide more details on request.
Owner - The PV @ The Jury's
From May 2011
Sept 2002 - Sept 2003 Front of House Manager - Blanch House
The Chimney House Restaurant and Bar
September 2011 - May 2013
The Chimney House was a popular restaurant and bar located in Seven Dials offering customers a unique dining experience serving only locally sourced ingredients in the relaxed environment of a public house. There menu only serves British dishes.
• Stock control, ordering and auditing
• Accounts from daily to year end
• Sales, marketing, planning and advertising
• Shift management, event hosting & controlling all bookings
• Staff employment, training and management of a team of 11
• Developing customer relations and the creation of new monthly events
Licensee / Co-Owner
The PV @ The Jury's Out
November 2003 - May 2011
Licensee, co-owner and lease holder of a Public House in Kemp Town. Responsible for the day to day running of this busy bar, both front and back of house. Providing bar and food service of the highest quality.
• Creating a unique, popular and highly regarded brand to stand out in a busy arena
• Business planning, identifying and promoting exciting customer experiences to increase sales during recession
• Stock control, ordering and auditing within a small budget
• Accounts from daily to year end including VAT and Payroll
• Staff employment, training and management
• Building customer relationships and loyalty with planned entertainment events
• Product awareness and promotion of leading and new brands
• Maintenance of the building, equipment and all public areas
The Groucho Club
From June 2002
Front of House Manager
Blanch House Hotel
September 2002 - September 2003
I was responsible for the day to day running of this privately owned 12 bedroom Boutique Hotel, cocktail bar and restaurant.
The Groucho Club
September 1993 - June 2002
During my time here I oversaw the running of this prestigious private members club and it's 19 bedrooms. Focusing on building a close relationship with regular members and their specific requirements.
Qualifications & Certifications
Art & Drama
Exeter City College
St Thomas High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.