Claim you profile
I have 25 years of management experience and 16 years of Store manager high street retail experience with Gap. I thrive on delivering great customer service and results for any organization I work for
Retail Store Manager
retail manager, team leader for store openings for Gap, drive and deliver KPI results, Hr and operationally experienced in retail
Customer service advisor
January 2014 - April 2014
Responsible for assisting AA members over the phone with their membership services and payments
Reason for leaving: position was essentially a call centre job whereas my passion is for high street retail management
Headway Charity retail
October 2013 - January 2014
ran the charity store, responsible for running of operations, opening and closing and banking of takings
Left position to take up paid employment but am still a volunteer there also
July 2013 - October 2013
• Drive sales to achieve set budgets
• Employ/hire and train staff to deliver excellent customer service and performance manage where necessary
• Run two sections of the business including ear piercing
• Be responsible to maintain costs to drive profitability of the store
• Maintain operating standards to stay in line with the business
Left due to Lone trading policy introduced into business
Sales team leader
October 2012 - July 2013
• Deputize for SM when absent
• Drive sales on floor through leading by example on customer service
• Open/ close store and perform banking duties
• Merchandise new product and maintain clean/presentable store through employees
Left as head hunted by Claire's
Feb 2012 AS WATSON ( trading as Superdrug) Northwich
-May2012 Assistant manager
• Recruited to develop image of store specifically in relation to customer service
• To act as deputy to store manager and replacement as head of store when store manger out of business
• To increase sales and specific KPI's from previous experience and individual drive for results
Left due to lack of customer service focus by organization
May 2008 Gap Inc. Liverpool One.
-sept 2011 Store Manager
• Asked to project manage the opening of a new proto type of store in the Liverpool One shopping centre.
• Manage 45 employees, (increases during holiday season).
• Increased sales to £2.6 million annually, whilst running on reduced square footage to previous site, therefore increasing profit.
• Involved in all aspects of running the business, such as development of managers, profit and loss and driving increase of sales year on year.
Left due to lack of progression opportunity with the company
Liverpool Lord Street
• Handpicked to relocate to high volume city centre store to address issues i.e. sickness, turnover and customer service.
• Annual turnover £2 million.
• Reduced sickness, turnover and received high mystery shopper scores.
• Involved in all operational aspects of running the store e.g. scheduling, payroll control, shipment receipt and organization and hiring and training.
• Developed time management and crucial holiday season planning and preparation abilities.
After 4 years of service was requested to relocate to the U.K. to run the Manchester City Centre Branch due the results achieved in California.
• Turnover of £3 million annually.
• Responsibilities similar to previous managerial role.
Banana Republic (gap inc
Fast paced, high quality women's fashion environment.
• Turnover of $5 million annually.
• Responsible for a team of 35 staff members.
• Critical involvement in the opening of the first ever women's only Banana Republic store in the USA.
• Nominated and awarded for Management Excellence in August 1998.
• Duties included hiring and training of staff, driving bottom line sales and profitability and ensuring excellent customer service at all times. And developing personal stylist roles within the store to encourage repeat business from loyal customers.
The Body Shop
Responsible for the day to day running of the business and for developing a separate branch of holiday gifting. This involved hiring, training, development of staff and running the store as if own business.
Responsible for hiring, ordering, scheduling and general organization the business.
SKILLS AND ACTIVITES
• Due to travelling and living in the United States for 11 years, I've always had an enthusiasm for travelling and experiencing different cultures.
• During the summer of 1987, I took part in the Camp America scheme and worked on a children's camp in upstate New York, where I was a counsellor for American children.
• Greatly enjoy reading.
Note:I left retail management and under took a customer service advisor job with the AA. However the position does not involve as much customer face to face action that I thrive on and potential to achieve set retail KPI's and targets, I am now looking to move back into my strength and experience of retail management, in a high street location as this is where I am able to contribute a great deal to an organization.
References are available on request.
From July 1984
Achieved 3 A levels Biology/History and English Lit.
student of geography BA hons
UNIVERSITY OF WOLVERHAMPTON
2:1 Honors degree Humanities Major Human Geography.
Voted Head Girl
Oriel Bank High school
From July 1981
by school which proved leadership skills/personable behaviour and communication ability.
Qualifications & Certifications
BA Hons. Geography
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more