Tauranga, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand
3PL - Ops Coordinator, Supply Chain and Despatching
Retail Loss Prevention
From January 2012
December 2010 - August 2011
Finished a 9 month contract at Orica Chemnet in Mount Maunganui.
December 2010 - August 2011
Branch Manager For A Micro Lending Institution
Started a branch from scratch without any staff nor customers or anything else for that matter. I had to employ my own staff. Do my own Marketing and Advertising and even had to get my own utilities sorted. My branch was an empty shell when I walked in on day one. When I resigned my turnover was in access of 300K per month and profits in the region of 55K per month.
• Access Client’s needs – different types of accounts
• Client Accounts
• Client Queries
• Internal Reviews – KPI’s
• Leave Applications
As a Senior Branch Manager I helped the Area Manager with some of his other branch Audits.
Dispatch Coordinator in the chemical industry (9 month contract)
As a Dispatch Coordinator for one of the biggest chemical companies in New Zealand, I was part of a team that dispatched our chemical tanker fleet, owner drivers and sub-contractors on a daily basis across NZ. I was employed on a fixed term contract while one of the dispatchers was seconded to a new project.
My main responsibilities included the following:
• Keeping track of customer’s chemical usage via internet telemetry on their individual tank levels or from faxes and e-mails being sent to us
• Taking telephone orders from customers not linked via telemetry
• “Building” loads for each of our drivers for the following day. When possible, endeavour to plan loads as far ahead as possible and have a return load featured in on the empty leg. Trained and familiar with filling out BLT Dispatch Load Plan Tool.
• Tracking and tracing of drivers via GPS from Minorplanet
• Monitoring and reporting on DIFOTIS performance
• In accordance with Labour Law, make arrangements for overnight stays around the country when drivers’ hours run out.
• Dealing with customer and driver queries.
• Using Lotus Notes, SAP and the Microsoft suit.
• General office duties include updating of SAP database.
• Maintaining of drivers PPE requirements
• Checking delivery dockets
• Time sheet/Log Book – checking accuracy
• Effectively communicating with Dispatch Planners, Drivers & customers
Op's Coordinator and Consignment Manager in the Supply Chain (5 years)
Proper analyses of the supply chain, combined with sound fore casted figures on supply and demand, and an intuitive feel for the rhythm of the supply chain solution combined with a deep-rooted understanding of operational processes enabled me to provide a highly satisfactory result to all stakeholders.
• Ensure that the relevant marketing strategy for specified customers is optimized relative to the overall sales, marketing strategy and budget plans
• Undertake the order-to-delivery process ensuring all orders are completed in full in a timely and accurate manner with no potential downstream problems and that all relevant documentation is correctly filled in and filed.
• Ensure effective rolling stock utilization and selection of transport mode with constraints imposed by agreed service standards
• Report to members in the Supply Chain on a daily basis concerning the progress of Client’s traffic (Track & Trace)
• Assist with the implementation and continuation of relevant marketing strategies
• Develop and maintain strong administration systems reviewing constantly to make upgrades taking into consideration relevant changes
• Drive continuous improvement processes and provide operational assistance and support to implement new initiatives for the best possible outcome for the business
• Identify and implement solutions to operational problems
• Establish and maintain good relationships with new and allocated customers and service providers
• Ensure all customer queries are dealt with in a professional, efficient and appropriate manner through sound working relationships at all times
• Ensure full management of customer processes and expectations including inventory management, technical issues, loading and off-loading issues and constraints
• Ensure key systems and other data records are managed and maintained on a daily, or on a required basis to ensure key systems are available for all role players and are developed to meet changing needs of management and customers
• Builds and maintains effective working relationships both internally and externally as relevant to the achievement to the performance of the role
• Constantly seeking to improve customer service levels and BOSS image in marketplace
• Provide departmental work continuity by ensuring overall coverage for other members during periods of absence
• Compliance with current health & safety legislation and policy, procedures or guidelines to minimize risks
• Achieve the delivery promise and deal with customer complaints
• Achievement of agreed goals and targets
• Manage possible deviations on performance and service
• Sound working relationships internal and external
• High level of people skills and customer focus
• Understanding, appreciation and ability to connect to a diverse range of cultures
• High standard of accuracy, both with data input and calculations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially telephonicly
• Superior time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to be proactive and self-motivated
• Effective team player able to contribute to the growth of the entire team
• Positive and ‘can do’ attitude
• Understand and have an appreciation of the Supply Chain function
Qualifications & Certifications
School of Hard Knocks of Life
Afrikaanse Hoërskool Sasolburg
Afrikaans Highschool Sasolburg
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more