- Full time
- Part time
- One time
A professional, analytical, Document Controller, with a background in implementing and utilizing electronic document control systems to capture, create, distribute, track, retrieve and report against project and programme documentation in line with best practice procedures and policies. A full and comprehensive understanding of the constraints, risks and factors associated with the delivery of information and documentation. Over 11 years of experience working within the Engineering, Construction & Rail industries. Highly developed organisational skills. Proven ability to communicate at all levels of senior management.
Senior Document Controller
URS Australia Pty Ltd
From May 2012
URS is a professional services company providing engineering and environmental and expertise to businesses and communities within Australia and around the globe. Our Australian staff are dedicated to delivering technically excellent, cost effective, innovative and sustainable solutions tailored to specific project and client needs.
We are scientists, engineers, economists, planners, project managers and risk management specialists. Together we form a strong multi-disciplinary team bringing knowledge, talent, experience and passion to what we do.
* Establishing and maintaining Aconex EDMS utilising the current best practice and one that aligns well with and supports the needs of our key clients in the rail industry.
* Establishing and maintaining systems for the maintenance and control of all Project documents to ensure the Project team and other stakeholders are using the latest versions of documents.
* Reviewing current document control and records management system.
* Implementing changes and improving current document and record control systems within URS.
* Administrate, monitor and evaluate web-based platforms for uploading / downloading of all documentation.
* Providing document and record control training to internals staff and external clients upon request.
* Administration and support of the document records management system.
* Conducting regular internal audits to ensure compliance with document control and records management systems.
* Liaising with URS Asia Pacific IT team to ensure corporate compliance and industry best Practice.
* Liaising with QA, BMS and H&S representatives to enhance systems.
* Printing, filing, issue and control of design drawings and engineering documents (including Specifications, lists and design data).
* Recording of all distribution information such as revision numbers, issue dates and destinations.
* Maintaining records of all Project documents and drawings to comply with document management policies.
* Redrafting and...
June 2011 - September 2011
Novo Rail is an alliance formed between RailCorp and three private sector companies: Aurecon, Laing O'Rourke and O'Donnell Griffin, to deliver a substantial portfolio of infrastructure work across Sydney's rail network. Including the upgrade of rail signalling and power systems to accommodate the introduction of the network's new Waratah trains and help to provide a safer and more reliable NSW public transport system.
* Establishing and implementing an efficient alliance and project-related document control system and procedures.
* Establishing and maintaining a correspondence filing system.
* Managing system related workflows.
* Expedite the review and approval of relevant documentation, procedures, instructions, and records.
* Planning, supervising and record document flow to and from all necessary parties, including clients, sub-contractors and the project office.
* Issuing and tracking location of all documents and drawings.
* Issue transmittal letters and receipts concerning the documents in circulation.
* Remove obsolete documents from distribution and use.
* Coordinate storage and archiving of relevant project and organisational records.
* Assist in the management of Intranet content.
* Participate in the planning of projects as required.
* Monitoring both electronic and hard copy filing structures in use.
* Undertake audit activities as required of document control.
Transport for London - Power & Cooling the Tube Programme
June 2009 - May 2011
Transport for London is, responsible for upgrading all infrastructure on nine of London Underground's Tube Lines. Under the PPP, TfL is also responsible for operations - running the trains, stations, control centres, ensuring the Tube is safe and secure, and collecting and protecting fares revenue. At the same time, private infrastructure companies, or infracos, are principally responsible for the maintenance and renewal of the Tube's infrastructure.
* Central point of contact for all documents, for data & information created & received within Document Management
* Provide document control support to the Project Managers, generating reports as required, showing document handling performance, continuity and traceability of all information being received and delivered to both internal and external parities
* Provide support and advice on document management to Projects Managers in order to maintain consistency in the control, distribution and recovery of information.
* Comply with the Document Control Management Standards, Processes and Systems provided to deliver secure and long-term management of documentation.
Assurance/Document Support Manager
May 2007 - June 2009
Metronet Rail is an integrated organisation that delivers the two PPP contracts awarded to Metronet, responsible for project documentation for Neasden Depot Upgrade Project supporting to archive a complete redevelopment of Neasden Depot to facilitate the maintenance of the new S stock fleet.
* Responsible for the QA, Regulatory, Development, QC and Clinical and non-clinical electronic and paper document files.
* Manage the EDMS to track controlled documentation
* Creation of document templates and formats that comply with international regulatory requirements
* Establish document styles and instructions in order to ensure consistency amongst documents
* Provide support to QA, Regulatory, including project completion/ project life cycle
Prepare and complete document packages for regulatory submissions from all departments in order to meet external parties timelines.
* Provide version control for controlled documents
* Managing electronic and hard copy filling system
* Managing the issuance, historical record and periodic review of controlled documents
* Work with others in NDUP to achieve smooth flow of roadmap information and documents. Determine standard practices that mesh with current business practices/processes to allow efficient compilation of documents for submissions.
* Coordinate access to documents and records with EDMS - Livelink
Assistant Project Manager/Document Controller
December 2006 - May 2007
Irish Rail (E larnrod Eireann)
Hornagold & Hills (now part of Mouchel Parkman) is a management consultancy specialising in organisational change and capital project management. (PPP Performance Review Project).
My duties in supporting H & H in confidentially reviewing the performance of a private finance initiative (PFI) contractor on a £1Bn plus construction programme are:
* Establishing and maintaining Information Management System.
* Liaising with PM's for documentation approvals including planning milestones and p3e plans.
* Liaising with LUL/Metronet to ensure compatibility across technical approval for PPP Performance review Project.
* Liaising and supporting PM's in defining, developing the current process. For all Technical Approval Documentation.
* Establishing and maintaining the Issues Register, to control and track any issue or query raised to ensure that they are effectively actioned and an audit trail of decisions taken is maintained.
* Complying with integration of approval submission of PPP
* Hold meetings to define and agree timeframe for submission and turnround
* Reporting progress of approvals submission and outstanding priorities.
* Building electronically indexed files of evidence to support large and detailed legally privileged reports for the purpose of making major claims.
* Maintaining Risk log for all progress of approvals submissions including establishing responsibilities of mitigation of actions.
National Information Controller
December 2005 - November 2006
NR is responsible for maintaining, improving and upgrading the Railway Tracks, Signal Systems, Bridges, Tunnels, Viaducts and Level Crossings. The Major Project Global System for Mobile Communications & Fixed Telecoms Network (GSM-R/FTN) will provide an up-to-date, robust, and reliable Fixed and Mobile Communications System for the Railways. Reports to the Head Projects Controls.
* Responsible for the Information/Project Controls Management for the maintance of Information, processes, procedures and supporting systems, for the Geographical Area ensuring effective control of all Programme/Project Information and Documentation, consistent with GRIP. And other National Standards and Processes.
* Liaise with other Geographical Areas and other CCMS implementations within NWR to ensure conformity of approach and consistent accessibility of technical documentation
* Provide leadership and directions to Document Control Staff ensuring CCMS is rolled out into Business as Usual for the Geographical Area within agreed timescale ensuring conformity of approach, consistent configuration of Systems, and Standards accessibility of documentation.
* Approve processes, procedures and systems to ensure effective information management and document control.
* Ensuring effective resourcing of document control activity.
* Monitoring adoption of information management and document control processes within programme and project teams.
* Comply & analyse information for the Monthly Business Report (MBR), before submission to the Area PM's/HQ.
* Ensuring all PMCS/Oracle data is received and input in a timely fashion before Period end.
* Maintaining the fluidity of the project control information and support to Project Managers.
* Monitoring and reporting against programme plans and performance highlighting variance from plan, risk and corrective actions.
* Ensuring all plans integrate into overall investment objectives.
* Developing & redefining procedures and standards for the...
Senior Document controller
Tube Lines Limited
July 2003 - November 2005
TLL is a limited organisation works in partnership with London Underground Limited (LUL) to modernise the Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly Lines. Under the 30 year Public- Private-Partnership (PPP), TLL are responsible for the maintenance, renewals & upgrades of the infrastructure including tracks, trains, signal, Civil works and stations.
* Responsible for Station Modernisation Enhancement Programme (SMEP) on the Piccadilly Line West, documented and implemented the Information/Document control management system in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9000/9000:2000.
* Maintaining and managing the Information Control Management flow.
* Developed systems, processes, procedures and standards for the organisations project for controlling overall information & documentation.
* Service delivered within cost and budget. Implemented new methods of information managements system and training for the Project.
* Managed Information Managements risks and what actions need to be undertaken. Maintaining a high level profile for risk register. Delivering high level periodic and quarterly reporting pack.
London Underground Limited
January 2001 - June 2003
London Underground is a limited organisation, responsible for upgrading all infrastructure on nine of London Underground's Tube Lines. Under the PPP, LU is also responsible for operations - running the trains, stations, control centres, ensuring the Tube is safe and secure, and collecting and protecting fares revenue. At the same time, private infrastructure companies, or infracos, are principally responsible for the maintenance and renewal of the Tube's infrastructure.
* Responsible for technical Approval Project Engineering Information & documentation, registering incoming documents onto the document management system.
* File documents including drawings, reports and other correspondence.
Maintain accurate files of documents.
* Maintain and manage register of documents out of filing cabinets, drawings cupboards to ensure master files are maintained in an accurate manner.
Qualifications & Certifications
Information Systems Management
Thames Valley University
Uxbridge College GNVQ Leisure & Tourism Management
Leisure and Tourism Management
Ellen Wilkinson High School