Project Manager - Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Engineer with 20 years Canadian experience (design, projects, production, customer support, management).
Engineering and design for heavy mining equipment, prototype concept and design for LT-210, LT-270 and LT-70 scoops, IOC Pocket drill units etc.
Lines of Fabrication for Automotive industry i.e : Main Frame - Chassis, Front and Rear suspension elements, Front and Rear seat frames , Door Hinges, Mechanisms and transfer lines needed on the process of assembling or component welding.
Define mechanical engineering requirements from specifications.
Create CAD models, BOM’s and technical drawings using Solid Works.
Identify and interface with vendors and manufacturers to fabricate and supply components and systems.
Coordinate with Production and Purchasing to introduce new designs and
design changes in production. Demonstrated skills for GD&T.
Self starting engineer able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously,Coordinated, ability to work as part of a team.
ROBIC AUTOMOTIVE Inc. Mississauga, Ontario
May 2008 - February 2010
Broaden corporate competency in the field of precision welding machinery
system design, development and implementation for a variety of applications
from prototype to plant floor level manufacturing systems. Develop, promote
and implement the unique machine system design to solve non-classical
applications, welding principles and procedures for machinery systems,
development of machine specifications and BOM’s , design and analyze
machinery systems using state of the art computer modeling (SolidWorks
and Catia V5 ) project management of application from concept
to installation of systems at manufacturing location.
Integrate commercially available materials dispensing, automation and
robotic equipment, responsible for the functional and operational integrity
of design, estimating costs, defining project scope, budget and schedule.
Coordinate project team, prepare documentation.
Design and manufacture of Heavy Mining Equipment ie. Load Haul Dump
Prototype concept design and manufacturing supervision for LT-210,
LT-270 and LT-70 LHD Scoops - R&D projects initiated by MTI to improve old design that had multiple issues. Redesign and upgrade geometry for boom-bucket-frame assembly, improve operator compartment, upgrade overall technical issues of existing equipment in accordance with customer requirements and competition standards . Responsible for all aspects of program management from the kick off
meeting to production start up, customer launch and monitoring the overall program throughout production process.
Other responsibilities include
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications
documents : design plan schedule, ITP book , Site trip reports, etc.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and
clear fashion – design reviews with both customer and company technical stuff.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project
goals – determine engineering designers and detailers needed
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements, documentation,
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team,
analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and influence them
to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the
Qualifications & Certifications
Technology Of Machine Construction
UNIVERSITY OF CRAIOVA, Romania