Claim you profile
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Experience of Interviewing, Inductions, Payroll, Disciplinary and Dismissal procedures, Staff Files, Recruitment, ID Checks, Employment Law, General Staff Enquiries
Deputy General Manager
The Best Western Bromley Court Hotel
From June 1997
A privately owned, 115 bedroom 3 star hotel with extensive conference and banqueting facilities.
I started as an Assistant Manager and worked my way up to my current position.
• HR: recruitment, staff inductions and keeping files up to date, dealing with disciplinary and grievance matters, updating staff handbook, terms and conditions and other policies so as to be in line with employment law and its changes, ordering uniforms, booking training courses both in house and external, organising and retaining Investors In People award and dealing with any other employee related issues, requests as they arose on a daily basis.
• Payroll: Compiling the weekly pay sheet and working alongside accounts for weekly and monthly payroll for approximately 80 - 90 employees; processing payroll using "OPERA" in the absence of payroll clerk; maintaining and updating holiday entitlement spreadsheet,
• Health and Safety Manager: Completing risk assessments for all areas of the hotel; Supplying and checking PPE; booking training courses to ensure compliance with current legislation.
• Fire Officer: Carried out Fire Risk Assessment for the hotel; weekly checks of call points, extinguishers, emergency lights, regular staff evacuations, training of staff, managers and heads of departments in their duties in case of fire, liaised with Fire system company for annual and 6 monthly service inspections.
• Banqueting: Running weddings and private functions from 20 - 150 guests - organising staff, planning service, ensuring the day runs to plan and in line with function sheet.
• Duty Management: ensuring hotel is open and ready for business, conference and functions rooms are ready and food and beverage requirements are delivered on time by the porters department, assisting in all departments as needed making sure standards are delivered to the highest standard at all times, conference and function billing, helping on busy reception desk with check in and check out, taking...
September 1996 - March 1997
A 34 bedroom, 4 crown privately owned hotel with separate apartments.
• Ordering food and liquor stock.
• Monthly stocktakes
• Credit Control
• Checking and paying invoices
• Weekly and monthly payroll
• Staff recruitment
• Maintaining standards of bedrooms and public areas
• Preparing monthly figures for directors.
Kings Head Hotel
November 1991 - September 1996
A 3 star, privately owned 70 bedroom town centre hotel.
• Reporting to Proprietors
• Responsible for 4 function bars and residents bar
• Ordering liquor stock
• Staff recruitment and training
• Duty Managers rota
• Dealing with conference and banqueting enquiries
• Collating weekly timesheets for wages clerk
• Standing in for reception manager, restaurant manager and wages clerk in their absence
• Deputising for proprietors.
• Running and assisting at private functions and weddings.
• Night management
September 1988 - November 1991
A 91 bedroom, 3 star hotel.
I started at the hotel as a trainee manager and spent three to four months in each department, the exception being reception in which I spent 8 months. After two years I was promoted to the position of Assistant Manager with responsibility for personnel. This involved all aspects of the wages system using Sage Payroll II, tax enquiries, P45's, keeping staff files up to date and staff recruitment. In addition I acted as Duty Manager and gained experience using Innsite PMS.
Qualifications & Certifications
Salisbury College of Technology
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.