- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Legal Research Assistant
April 2012 - September 2012
While working for the Equality Tribunal I carried out legal research in many different areas of the law, including Employment, Contract, Constitutional, European, Administrative and Human Rights Law. In this role, I was responsible for:
• Compiling the Annual Legal Review of the Tribunal for publication - this involved analysis and presentation of decisions made under the Employment Equality Act 1998-2011 and the Equal Status Act 2000-2011
• Researching queries for the Tribunal's Legal Advisor and Equality Officers, including the effects of the European Convention on Human Rights on Irish Employment Law
• Tracking and summarising legal developments in this and other jurisdictions (CJEU, ECtHR, etc) for the benefit of colleagues;
• Liaising with the Labour Court regarding appealed cases;
• Representing the Equality Tribunal at Industry events - Seminar on Children's Rights and Child Protection; Law Society of Ireland's Annual Human Rights Lecture.
Department of Education and Skills, Ireland
September 2012 - August 2013
My role involved working as part of a compact team to organise, plan and deliver 11 high level international conferences. My responsibilities included:
• Lead event manager for three events involving almost 500 delegates
• Directing event organising teams involving several agencies to ensure quality preparation etc.
• Managing and directing up to 20 staff on site for events and ensuring a high level of customer service is provided by all
• Budgetary planning and monitoring expenditure
• Liaising with Ministerial and Commission representatives
• Procurement of services such as transport and catering
Citizens Information Centre
August 2011 - September 2011
My experience with the Citizens Information centre allowed me to assist people with legal issues that affect their daily lives:
• Providing advice on contract, employment and family law
• Presenting legal information in an accessible manner to clients unfamiliar with the legal system
• Helping clients interpret contracts of employment, leases etc
• Advising on follow up courses of action they could take or who they should speak to, e.g. regarding custody, maintenance and housing issues.
Air France HQ
July 2006 - January 2007
• Organising, planning, scheduling and delivering English language programmes for individual Air France employees;
• Development and delivery of departmental language workshops;
• Research and generation of reports in French on client usage of the centre for management;
• Reception and administrative duties at the centre carried out through the French language.
The Equality Tribunal's Annual Legal Review
I researched, wrote and edited the Tribunal's Annual Legal Review. In doing so I had to read through and summarise a year's worth of the Tribunal's case-law,
Irish Presidency of the Council of the European Union
I was a member of the compact team which planned, organised and delivered the Department of Education's Presidency Event Scgedule. This entailed 11 high level, international conferences and meetings. I was lead organiser on 3 of these events.
Qualifications & Certifications
London Metropolitan University
French and History
University of Limerick