- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Legal Research Assistant
April 2012 - September 2012
While working for the Equality Tribunal I carried out legal research in many different areas of the law, including Employment, Contract, Constitutional, European, Administrative and Human Rights Law. In this role, I was responsible for:
• Compiling the Annual Legal Review of the Tribunal for publication - this involved analysis and presentation of decisions made under the Employment Equality Act 1998-2011 and the Equal Status Act 2000-2011
• Researching queries for the Tribunal's Legal Advisor and Equality Officers, including the effects of the European Convention on Human Rights on Irish Employment Law
• Tracking and summarising legal developments in this and other jurisdictions (CJEU, ECtHR, etc) for the benefit of colleagues;
• Liaising with the Labour Court regarding appealed cases;
• Representing the Equality Tribunal at Industry events - Seminar on Children's Rights and Child Protection; Law Society of Ireland's Annual Human Rights Lecture.
Department of Education and Skills, Ireland
September 2012 - August 2013
My role involved working as part of a compact team to organise, plan and deliver 11 high level international conferences. My responsibilities included:
• Lead event manager for three events involving almost 500 delegates
• Directing event organising teams involving several agencies to ensure quality preparation etc.
• Managing and directing up to 20 staff on site for events and ensuring a high level of customer service is provided by all
• Budgetary planning and monitoring expenditure
• Liaising with Ministerial and Commission representatives
• Procurement of services such as transport and catering
Citizens Information Centre
August 2011 - September 2011
My experience with the Citizens Information centre allowed me to assist people with legal issues that affect their daily lives:
• Providing advice on contract, employment and family law
• Presenting legal information in an accessible manner to clients unfamiliar with the legal system
• Helping clients interpret contracts of employment, leases etc
• Advising on follow up courses of action they could take or who they should speak to, e.g. regarding custody, maintenance and housing issues.
Air France HQ
July 2006 - January 2007
• Organising, planning, scheduling and delivering English language programmes for individual Air France employees;
• Development and delivery of departmental language workshops;
• Research and generation of reports in French on client usage of the centre for management;
• Reception and administrative duties at the centre carried out through the French language.
The Equality Tribunal's Annual Legal Review
I researched, wrote and edited the Tribunal's Annual Legal Review. In doing so I had to read through and summarise a year's worth of the Tribunal's case-law,
Irish Presidency of the Council of the European Union
I was a member of the compact team which planned, organised and delivered the Department of Education's Presidency Event Scgedule. This entailed 11 high level, international conferences and meetings. I was lead organiser on 3 of these events.
Qualifications & Certifications
London Metropolitan University
French and History
University of Limerick
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more