Air Defence Controller
Acted as Intercept Controller, Fighter Allocator, Master Controller at radar sites of Turkey and acted as Air Surveillance Officer At CAOC-7 Greece (NATO duty)
Air Surveillance Officer as a member of Current Operations Team
Combined Air Operation Center
August 2003 - August 2006
Used ICC NIRIS capabilities regarding with TDL data exchange.
• Coordinated TDL System usage, link setups with neighboring CAOCs.
• Involved in Olympic Games Athens Air Defence activities, cooperated with Greek National CRCs and NATO E3 to produce a correct RAP.
• Involved in development of International Air Defence Policies and Procedures.
Turkish Air Force Headquarter, Ankara (August 2006 - -)
• Assigned to Air Defence &C2 Division, System Software Support Center as System Analyist in 2006.
• Planned, installed and tested MASE&CSI systems into national CRPs/CRCs.
• Conducted Configuration Management of MASE&CSI systems
• Involved in planning, system design, test and acceptance phases of Turkish Radar Network.
• Assigned to new post namely TDL Planning and Design Officer in the same center and occupied this post for 3 years then assigned as TDL Section Chief.
• Involved in Link-16 Programme. Consulted Plans & Policy Division about Operational requirements.
• Planned national Link-16 coverage and executed site installations in parallel with this plan.
• Involved in Link-16 Interoperability Programme.
• Participated in DLWG (New Name TDL CaT), TDLITS. ACCS L16@29K, Link-16 FMS Case, MIRB, I&IWG meetings.
• Trained Site Programmer Candidates about TDL Systems.
• Defined TUR AF TDL Migration Strategy in parallel with NATO one.
• Defined Link-16 Interim National SOP.
• Involved in Link-16 SGIOTE installation and acceptance tests.
• Ran Link-16 SGIOTE both in simulated and operational environment. Used all components efficiently.
• Involved in definition of prospective TDL Architecture.
• Involved in TDL IO tests and analysis.
• Involved in preparation of National Link-16 Concept, Doctrine, MIDS Interface Document, Turkisk National Difference Document and Platform specific documents (Concepts, MIDS Interface Documents, System Implementation Data etc.).
Intercept Controller, Fighter Allocator
July 1996 - August 2003
• Assigned as Site Programmer upon completion of NADGE/NAEGIS System Analysis and Programming Course.
• Involved in Software Maintenance of NADGE System.
• Developed software solutions for meeting operation crew requests.
• Involved in installation end test phases of SSSB/ADCB system. Used subject system in operational environment.
• Involved in installation of MASE system, Prepared MASE system for operational usage.
• Involved in installation of Turkish National Radar Complex (TNRC).
• Configured and used TDL capabilities (Link-1, ATDL-1, Link11A/B, IJMS) of aforementioned systems in operational environment very widely.
• Trained users on MASE, SSSB, TNRC systems. Promoted TDL systems knowledge to ensure compiling a robust Recognized Air and Sea Picture.
• Performed risk assessments and executed tests of tactical data exchange amongst target systems.
June 1993 - June 1996
Frequently used IJMS TDL with NATO E3
Defining national structure of Link-16 ground terminals. Planning installatiosn IAW aforementioned structure. Defining national standardization documents regarding with usage of Link-16. Wide knowledge of Link-16 Management Model. Wide participation into Link-16 Interoperability studies.
Radio Network is a system for connecting various types of radios on WAN and letting Control Reporting Centers Access any of these radios through WAN.
Radar Network is a system for connecting all radars and Control Reporting Centers on WAN, getting sensor data and controlling sensors through WAN.
Qualifications & Certifications
Air Force Academy
Air Defence School