Has over forty years of experience in pressure vessel/heat exchanger, compressor, pumps and piping system design, piping stress analysis, equipment and pipe support design of Fossil, Combined Cycle Integrated Coal Gasification and Nuclear Projects and Petro Chemical Projects . Held various positions in the field of Nuclear and Mechanical Engineering as Supervising Engineer, Manager, Senior Nuclear Engineer, and Technical Specialist.
Member of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Team of Engineers and Scientists, helping under developed countries and participated in the Transfer of Know How Through Expatriate National Consultants (TOKTEN),between the United Nations Development Program and the Government of the Philippines. Participants of the program should be a person of international standing, identified and recognized by their counterparts, or by the United Nations Development Program. Member ASME B31 Mechanical Design Technical Code Committee. Member American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Registered Professional Engineer, State of Wisconsin – PE Registration No. E-18831
Former Consultant-Philippine Atomic Energy Commission(Department of Regulations and Safe Guards).SECURITY CLEARANCE (In-active) Unlimited access to US Nuclear Facilities
member of the ASME Code Committee
American Society of Mechanical Engineers
From October 2010
(ASME)-ASME B31 MECHANICAL DESIGN TECHNICAL CODE COMMITTEE (MDC) Code for Pressure Piping - October 2010 to Present
As member of the ASME Code Committee, the following are the tasks that I conducted. I did research for enhancement of ASME B31 Code for pressure piping:
• B31D Design of Piping Systems for Dynamic Loads from Fluid Transients -
• B31E Standard for the Seismic Design and Retrofit of Above Ground Piping Systems -
• B31G-2009, Manual for Determining the Remaining Strength of Corroded Pipelines -
• B31H Standard Method to Establish Maximum Allowable Design Pressures for Piping
• Components B31J Stress Intensification and Flexibility Factors for Metallic Piping Components.
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
GE Energy (New Product Introduction Group)
September 2007 - April 2010
Working on the project ,INTEGRATED GASIFICATION COMBINED CYCLE with the following responsibilities:
• Reviewed GE Owner's Design Specifications and Product Specifications used in the Design, Procurement, Fabrication and Manufacturing of Radiant Syngas Cooler Vessel to insure that the requirements of the Code of Federal Regulation 10 CFR , American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Section VIII Division 1 and 2 Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, American National Standard Institute ANSI) Code, ASME B31.1 Power Piping, Regulatory Guides, etc. used in the design and manufacturing of Syngas Cooler Vessel are met.
• Professional Engineer assigned to provide independent review of GE's User Design Specification for compliance with the Code and Regulatory Requirements.
• Provided technical interpretation and application of ASME Code to GE Electric (New Product Introduction Group), involved in the design of Radiant Syngas Cooler Vessel and IC piping and support.
• Provided technical assistance to GE management during interface review meetings with GE's contractor; Bechtel Corporation, Belleli Energy, etc on the design, fabrication and erection of Radiant Syngas Cooler Vessel and vessel support.
• Prepared GE's Technical Report on Pre-Commissioning and Field Fabrication and Installation of Syngas Cooler.
• Reviewed and approved for GE management stress analysis of Radiant Syngas Cooler Vessel and IC piping, performed by GE contractors for compliance with American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)Section VIII Division 1 and 2 Boiler Pressure Vessel Code, piping stress analysis and pipe support design for compliance with ASME B31.1 and B31.3 code using Caesar II Computer program.
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE- Norfolk Naval Shipyard
May 1990 - October 1996
• Performed office and field Nuclear/Mechanical/ Structural Engineering duties associated with the design, modification and maintenance of NNSY Refueling Facilities and Radioactive Material Storage Facilities.
• Specific duties include establishing requirements for Radiological Control, Contamination Control, Exposure Control, Airborne Control and Radioactive Material Control during the refueling of nuclear powered vessels. Evaluation studies of existing Refueling Facilities and Radioactive Storage Facilities and made recommendations of equipment to be added, replaced or modified to improve operation during the refueling process.
PHILIPPINE ATOMIC ENERGY COMMISSION
DEPARTMENT OF NUCLEAR REGULATIONS AND SAFEGUARDS
• Conducted Seminars/Lectures to Technical personnel of the Philippine Atomic Energy Commission (Department of Nuclear Regulations and Safeguards) on Bataan Nuclear Project Final Safety Analysis Report (FSAR) review techniques.
• Reviewed Bataan Nuclear Power Project Final Safety Analysis Report (FSAR), Design Specifications, Design Criteria, Design Guides, Quality Assurance Program and other Technical Documents used in the design, fabrication and construction of Bataan Nuclear Project. Prepared assessment report and identified significant safety problems in the design, fabrication and construction of Nuclear Project under construction, not in compliance with the Nuclear Regulatory Code requirements.
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Conducted Seminars/Lectures to the National power Corporation Licensing Staff on Regulatory interpretation and application of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Code, Section 111, Code of Federal Regulations 10CFR 50, Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Licensing commitment, and the responsibility of the owner (National Power Corporation) in the design and construction of Bataan Nuclear Power Plant.
TENNESSEE VALLEY AUTHORITY
February 1973 - April 1990
• Supervised lower grades of engineers and engineering associates involved in the stress analysis and pipe support design of small bore piping for Watts Bar unit #1, Bellefonte and Yellow Creek Nuclear Projects. Consultant to piping engineers in routing piping systems to ensure that piping system is qualified when stress analysis performed and pipe support could be installed when designing pipe support.
• Developed Engineering Procedures, Technical Instructions, Design Criteria, and Design Guides. Provided day-to-day interpretation of American Society of Mechanical Engineers Code, American Standard Institute Criteria, Nuclear Regulatory Commission Code, Code of Federal Regulations, Manufacturers Standards, TVA Administrative Instructions and requirements of various Regulatory Agencies.
• Managed 31 million dollar re-analysis and pipe support design of small bore piping for Watts Bar Unit #1 Nuclear Project. Specific duties involved training of 60 contract engineers and engineering associates; oversaw contractor's performance of work to ensure that they are in compliance with the Regulatory requirements and contractual commitments. Developed Engineering Procedures, Technical Instructions, Design Criteria and Handbooks associated with the project tasks.
• Member of TVA Management Technical Review Team who reviewed and assessed TVA Design and Construction Program for compliance with the requirements of the Regulatory Agencies.
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
SARGENT AND LUNDY ENGINEERS
September 1970 - January 1973
Lead Design Engineer in pipe support design and piping stress analysis of main steam, hot reheat, cold reheat, feed water, and extraction steam for the following Fossil Power Plant Projects (Miami Fort 7, Ghent Units 1&2, and Eskol Unit 1) and Fort Saint Vrain (HTGR) Nuclear Project.
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Review Design Specifications for compliance with regulatory requirements, perform piping design, pressure vessel design, stress analyses, pipe support design, compressors, pumps, heat exchangers for nuclear, fossill, petochemical projects.
Qualifications & Certifications
Design of Nuclear and Petro Chemical Plant
Central Philippine University
Central Philippine University
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more