Taylors International Services
From February 2013
• Total oversight of 5 US Government locations in Afghanistan ensuring standards are maintained in line with the SOW
• Continuous customer interaction and effective communication ensuring standards are being maintained to the highest possible
• Responsible for managing all operations within Afghanistan responsible for profit, revenue, cash and quality targets.
• Recruiting to include providing leadership and direction for Food Service DFAC Managers and Taylor's Administration Support team, as well as assuming full control of all staff performance reviews and disciplinary meetings, worked to stringent strict standards as required by Group Policies and Procedures
• Producing business performance reports monthly and weekly for billing process and growth
• Weekly/monthly meetings with suppliers to ensure the best products are procured at the best price
• International procurement and logistics for items into Afghanistan
• Oversight of all O&M aspects, ensuring work jobs are completed within the time limit set at the required standard within budget
• Continuous improvement on current forms, systems and practices.
• Auditing of facilities ensuring all requirements of health and safety, food standards to include the SOW are met
• New customer site surveys to include a costing analysis of all requirements
Regional Catering Operations manager
DynCorp International, Afghanistan
December 2009 - February 2013
DynCorp International is a Global Government Services provider in support of US National Security and Foreign Policy objectives, delivering support solutions for Defense, Diplomacy, and International Development
• Started as Dining Facility Manager with rapid promotion to Regional Catering Operations Manager.
• Managed operations, and provided supervision and support for 19 remote dining facilities, food service operations and food service personnel whilst indirectly in charge of approximately 2500 staff and directly in charge of 26 Managers
• Continuously reviewed all dining facility accounts to ensure all sites remained within the set budget and margins, with set budgets being variable, and no more than 10% under or 3% over on YTD spend
• Provided leadership and direction for Food Service DFAC Managers and DynCorp's Administration Support team, as well as assuming full control of all staff performance reviews and disciplinary meetings, worked to stringent strict standards as required by Group Policies and Procedures
• Coordinated dining facility construction with the HSE and Main Contracting Construction team, acted as the client overseeing labour requirements, rations, supplies, equipment and service requests with internal colleagues and other organisations, provided support services to all food service operations
• Planned project design layout for the construction of 1500-occupant capacity dining facility in Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan with the use of Microsoft Visio
• Carried out liaison with area sub-contract representatives to ensure all sub-contractors complied with requirements
• Acted as Food Service Liaison with the Food Service Project Manager and Director of Services Level to resolve any issues and requests, as well as reviewing facility inspections on a regular basis for indications of negative trends and following up any areas of weakness
• Transitioned DFAC in-house from previous contractors, and improved services by following stringent...
Executive Development Chef
January 2005 - December 2009
Grosvenor Casinos (formerly Soames Casino) is a UK-based chain of over thirty casinos located in major towns and cities across the UK with two sister casinos located in Belgium. They are also a part of the Rank Group which is the leading European gaming and leisure business
• Started as second chef with rapid promotion to head chef then executive development chef
• Worked alongside the Group's catering chefs and Senior Management team across 25 casinos, and developed and implemented new creative and innovative menus
• Undertook comprehensive market and competitor analysis to identify new trends and produced practicalities which devised and tested the new menus and achieved the highest possible quality of food
• Established portion sizes and dish prices, ensured maximum return on investment without compromising standards or service
• Coached, mentored and managed new and existing employees to both further their career development and improve the standards of cooking across 25 casinos
• Successfully implemented Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and food audits, and effectively managed the achievements of company and individual targets
NAFFI Support Services
March 2004 - January 2005
Since 1921, NAFFI have actively supported Britain's Armed Forces, side by side in campaigns all around the world and they continue to do so today in Afghanistan. As an integral part of forces life, NAAFI provides an important link to home for men and women who continue to bravely represent the country both at home and abroad
• Effectively operated, managed and developed the Officers' Mess food services consisting of 80 covers
• Developed and implemented new menus, adhered to budgetary constraints, and maintained excellent standards of service
• Managed and developed a team of Catering personnel to ensure all Health & Safety standards were maintained and objectives were achieved
January 1996 - March 2004
Her Majesty's Armed Forces, are the armed forces of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The Armed Forces encompass three professional uniformed services: the Naval Service (including the Royal Navy and Royal Marines), the British Army, and the Royal Air Forces.
• Based in Germany and included tours of Kosovo and Iraq
• Completed numerous tours and developed, prepared and managed Catering services for a wide range of tastes and requirements
• This included catering for the Royal Family, Fine Dining for the Officers Mess and good home cooking for the soldiers
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more