I have been in customer service for over 31 years. Mostly in Telecommunications. I also have help desk experience. I have 2 Diplomas in writing. And licenced forklift operator.
31 years experience in various capacities.
From October 2012
Manage the general operation of the business including advertising.
Test & Tag customers electrical cords, tools and appliances for electrical safety.
Document all tagging in line with regulations for auditing and tracking at later date.
Send reminders when tagging is due again.
January 2006 - May 2012
Optus is an Australian leader in integrated Telecommunications, delivering cutting-edge communications, information technology and entertainment services. In 2001 SingTel became the parent company of Optus, paving the way to become a strong and strategic Telecommunications player within the Asia-Pacific region.
• Manage the porting of customer's numbers from another carrier to OPTUS with assistance from onsite sub-contractors.
• If services aren't ready or faults noticed with services prior to cutover, take all steps to make sure issues resolved ready to cutover.
• Assist with the porting out of customer's numbers from Optus to another carrier.
• Take on multiple tasks to achieve successful porting of customer's numbers.
• Making sure all database and paperwork completed in timely manner.
• Being able to communicate with different technical areas to achieve successful porting.
• Most completed LNP's in a calendar year.
• Saved Department money by organising and managing repatching of phones and PC's during personnel relocations
Voice Communications Specialist
July 2005 - December 2005
Telstra is an Australian Telecommunications and media company, formerly owned by the Australian government. Telstra is the largest provider of both local and long distance telephone services, mobile services, dialup, wireless, DSL and cable internet access in Australia.
• Answer calls from various outlets on customer's network in a timely manner.
• Testing and assigning of jobs logged to appropriate vendors for resolution.
• Manage closures of logged jobs in a timely manner to meet SLA.
• Remote MAC's when required.
• Was known as "the machine" because of getting in straight away and clearing fault Q's before everyone else.
Customer Care Representative - Sales Force
May 2004 - June 2005
Salmat is a unique Australian-headquarted company, leading the industry in the provision of customer communication solutions. Through the strategic use of different communication mediums, including voice and non-voice channels, and other applied capabilities in the areas of online technology, demographic insight and detailed data management, Salmat engages consumers in cost-effective one-to-one communication on behalf of our clients - individually, in small groups or on a mass scale.
• Answer calls from customers in a timely manner.
• Assist customers with instructions for setting up or operating different products that have been purchased.
• Assist customers in choosing best option products for their needs.
• Monitoring brochures and internet for updated products to assist customers in choosing such items.
• Successfully achieved KPI's in every period.
Field Service Engineer
March 2001 - April 2004
NEC Australia is a leading technology company, delivering a complete portfolio of ICT solutions and services to large enterprise, small business and government organisations. We deliver innovative solutions to help customers gain greater business value from their technology investments. We specialise in information and communications technology solutions and services in multi-vendor environments. Solutions and services include: IT applications and solutions development, unified communications, complex communications solutions, network solutions, display solutions, identity management, research and development services, systems integration and professional, technical and managed services.
• Fault diagnostic and fix on various types of NEC PABX with direct liaison with customers.
• Rostered after hour's coordinator for faults on NEC PABX.
• Constant contact with computers including laptops replacing parts and software reloads and upgrades, to clear faults.
• Attending meetings with other field staff regarding problems arising from previous month, and management updates.
Field Service Engineer
March 1997 - February 2001
Nortel Networks Australia Pty Ltd. engages in the wholesale business of electrical equipments. The company is based in Melbourne, Australia. Nortel Networks Australia Pty Ltd. is a subsidiary of Nortel Networks Corp.
• Fault diagnostic and fix on various types of Nortel PABX with direct liaison with customers.
• Rostered after hour's coordinator for faults on Nortel PABX.
• Constant contact with computers including laptops to clear faults.
• Attending meetings with other field staff and Level 2 regarding problems arising from previous month, and management updates.
• Facility managed major site as requested.
• Assisting Field Manager with roster preparation.
• Assisting subordinates with problems on various types of Nortel PABX.