HVAC Project Engineer. 25 years experience in Project Engineering Management. Responsible for project management of HVAC contracts to completion. Able to estimate new tender proposals and design HVAC systems to building codes.
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Project Engineer HVAC
HVAC Project Engineer (Contract)
M+W Hargreaves, Mechanical Engineers
January 2013 - March 2014
• Project Engineering of HVAC Contracts for MOD Government Sites within the UK
• Managing duct manufacturing sub-contractors
• Site Meetings
• Site Surveys
Projects: MOD - Classified (SC Cleared)
Project: Intel Dublin - £9m (Project completed March 2014)
Responsible for the Project Engineering of the HVAC Systems throughout the new build installations for Intel.
Returned from Overseas Nov 2012
HVAC Project Engineer
Mechanical Engineers Napier
January 2010 - November 2012
• Tender estimating submissions of HVAC Contracts
• Project Engineering / Management / Commissioning
• Planning / Producing labour resource programmes for project
• Finalising contract accounts / Calculating invoices
• Placing and progressing orders for materials and components
• Preparation and submission of cost estimate tenders for new build projects, using companies own Excel
programme. Including labour rates, materials / plant components
• Negotiate supplier costs prior to placement of orders
• Producing Operation and Maintenance documentation
Project: IRD Napier - $150,000.00
Project: EIT Napier - $280,000.00
Project: HBDHB - $219,000.00
Projects worked on covered a variety of sector's from Educational sites, and Government sites. All works
were completed on time and within budgets.
Returned to New Zealand Jan 2010
(Contract) Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer
Consulting Engineers London
February 2009 - January 2010
• Designing mechanical and electrical systems for new build projects in private/public sectors
• Designing energy efficient systems to ensure client meets successful EPC certification -
Assisting energy auditors to achieve client accreditation
(Contract) Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer
Consulting Engineers Stafford
October 2008 - February 2009
• Submission of energy performance calculations at planning stage
• Inspection and issue of building energy certificates/ratings following completion
• Energy efficiency audits during the lifetime of buildings with issue of energy
performance ratings, using (Bre) Building Research Establishment/Government building
• Design of Plantrooms
Project: Baku, Azerbaijan, Azizbayov, Busterminal Pyramids - Consultancy design Fees
Project responsibilities. Design mechanical services. Project is new build construction with retails stores, offices, Restaurant and leisure facilities. Underground car parking within the pyramid construction.
ATMOS ENGINEERING LTD
June 2004 - August 2008
Project managed contract from conception to final handover to client.
• Negotiate sub-contractor costs prior to placement of orders
Project: Westfield Cinema, Riccarton, Christchurch. Contract Value $854,000,00
• Contract was fast track and was completed within 9 month's from the start
• Monthly progress claims submitted and processed on time
• Project variations submitted and approved
• Contract closed successfully and on time
(Contract) Mechanical Building Services Engineer
PAUL MOY ASSOCIATES
March 2004 - June 2004
Projects were completed and submitted through to local council for tender appraisal.
Travel to New Zealand to Seek Employment
July 2003 - March 2004
HONEYWELL CONTROL SYSTEMS LTD
October 2001 - July 2003
• Preparation and presentation of contractual documentation, including price variations design
schemes, risk assessments and functional design specifications
• Quality assurance management in compliance with ISO 9002
• Responsible for the project co-ordination and management
• Projects contributed to clients plant efficiency within laboratories and provided comfortable
heating and cooling environments to offices. Achieved contractual objectives in terms of budget and time-scale.
YORK INTERNATIONAL LTD
June 1998 - August 2001
• Supervising mechanical building services contractors
• Working in close consultation with clients and Building Services contractors
• Projects contributed to repeat client re-orders and BMS system upgrades.
OSC PROCESS ENGINEERING
March 1996 - June 1998
Assigned to the Ministry of Defence and Marks & Spencer contracts.
• Producing detailed AutoCAD design drawings of ventilated ceilings and Luminair lighting
• Calculation and specification of air volumes for supply and extract ductwork systems
• Responsible for the project co-ordination and design on the 'Heydal' Kitchen Ventilation System.
• Management and control of project to final client handover
• Completed all design drawings and tender proposals within precise specifications
Senior Branch Estimator
WOODS OF COLCHESTER
March 1994 - March 1996
• Responsible for the sizing, selecting and specification on fans for industrial HVAC applications.
• Review tender specifications
• Completed tender submissions to successfully gain new orders
SATCHWELL CONTROL SYSTEMS LTD
September 1989 - March 1994
Part of the British Gas New Research Centre's £2m project, designed control systems to clients detailed specifications and advised on enhancements.
• Responsible for project co-ordination and completion on a variety of contracts
• Completed projects on time and within budget
MOD UK Ventilation Projects
Works completed in line with British UK MOD contracts. Specialist areas which cannot be detailed in full due to the sensitive nature of the works, locations and site installations. SC cleared for UK site installations.
Refurbishment of existing facility to upgrade clients site to latest chip making process and standards. Client was upgrading existing facility to upgrade various areas with new system upgrades. Project was worth one billion euros in total. HVAC systems was worth £9M
Qualifications & Certifications
Mechanical Building Services
University of Trent
Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
City & Guilds