school counseling for students and parents, addressing behavioural issues, lifeskills training, teaching.
Alaknanda as school counselor
Rejoined New Green Fields
March 2011 - May 2011
organized workshops and took sessions with students on puberty issues apart from regular counseling of students for approximately 3 months, from March 2011 to May 2011.
K.R.Mangalam World School
July 2011 - September 2012
Role & Responsibilities at K.R.Mangalam World School(C.B.S.E.)
➢ Individual and group counselling of students, parents and teachers.
➢ Counselling and guiding students with Special needs like learning difficulties, ADHD and other disabilities.
➢ Invigilating children with special needs during examinations.
➢ I taught life skills to students from class IV to class X. It involved assessing students in the 10 Life Skills, Attitudes and Values through activities, checklists, questionnaires, observations and personal interviews.
➢ Organized Career and Personality development workshops for students of senior school students.
➢ Organized workshops for personal and professional development of teachers.
➢ Have taught Value Education to classes IV to VIII and General Knowledge to classes IV and V.
➢ Taught General Studies to class XI.
8. Currently, counselling school going children, teenagers and families on referral basis.
Role & Responsibilities at G.D.Goenka World School (I.B.)
➢ Individual counselling of students and behavior modification sessions.
➢ Group counselling of students/boarders.
➢ Counselling of parents and teachers.
➢ Working in close tandem with the special educator, counseling children with special needs on an every day basis.
➢ Inculcating International Mindedness in students by means of discussions, project work, poster making, etc.
➢ Taught P.S.H.E.( Physical Social Health Education) to students up to Grade VI.
IX to XII
January 2011 - January 2012
10. I was part of organizing and conducting a three-day 'Leadership and Personality Assessment workshop'at Maranatha India Volunteer's International, Gurgaon.
11.Attended a two day workshop - 'Career Counseling workshop for trainers' conducted by Ms. Usha Albuquerque & Mrs. Asha Nayar.
12.Was part of organizing a 'Workshop and Baby show' for Parents of Infants and Pre -School children (South Delhi) by Dr. Bhavna Barmi ( Sr. Psychologist, Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre and Director Swashrit Society).
1.Spirituality project: Project and presentation on the Indian scripture Bhagavada Gita and it's relevance today.
2.Performance Appraisal: Research work.
3.Nehru Bal Samiti: Taught science and held Art &Craft workshops for middle school students for 6 weeks during B.Ed.
4.Carried out research on 'Sexual harassment of women at work place' during B.Ed.
5.Sakshi, South Ext-I, New Delhi: Did project on the working and issues handled by the N.G.O. during Graduation.
6.National Literacy Mission: Actively participated in the program throughout school and college.
1. Participated in National Conference in Department of Education, Lady Irwin College, Delhi University in poster making, rangoli, flower arrangement and bagged the first prize.
2. Participated in a month long workshop conducted by Mr.M.K.Raina (Ex-Director National School of Drama, a Film & theater Actor) & Dadi Padamsee (Puppeteer), who held sessions on Vocal music, puppetry, dramatics etc.
3. Participated in various activities throughout school and college like vocal music, glass painting, art & craft and various projects.
4. Sports participation: Throw ball, Swimming and Aerobics.
July 2010 - February 2011
G.D.Goenka World School
April 2009 - March 2010
Carried out behavior counselling, both group and individual. Held PSHE (Physical Social Health Education)sessions and organized and conducted activities for inculcating 'International Mindedness' in students in the PYP (Primary Year's Programme ).
January 2009 - December 2010
of the school which involved year long documentation and display of work done throughout the academic session 2009- 2010.
➢ Was responsible for selection and formulation of the junior Student Council that involved Written assessments, Group discussions and Interviews and the final badge giving ceremony.
➢ Was in charge of a weekly current affairs bulletin board to keep students abreast of current happenings, where news and pictures were contributed by students of classes IV and V.
Internships & Research Projects
1. M.A.C.P. Internship: (9 months) Worked in the OPD stress clinic at Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi. Counseled and gave therapy to patients and clients with Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Psychosomatic Disorders, Hypertension, Coronary Heart disease, Smoking and Alcoholism, Excessive Anger, Marital discord and children with A.D.H.D.(Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and Learning Problems. Held Stress Counseling sessions, Pre & Post surgery counseling for heart patients along with Life style management etc.
2. B.Ed. Internship:(6 months)Taught Integrated Science and Home Science up to Grade IX.
3. Dissertation: 'Anxiety in family members of patients undergoing heart surgery'. Research work done in Escorts Heart Institute & Research Center.
4. Treatise: 'Distress in HIV/AIDS patients & caregivers'. Visited Sahara Michael's Care Home, interacted with and counseled HIV/AIDS patients during research.
SomeWorkshops: Organized & Attended
1. Organized an experiential workshop on Stress Management, where teachers learnt Imagery and Jacobson's Progressive Muscular Relaxation to De- Stress in June 2012.
September 2008 - April 2009
Psychologist & HR-Coordinator
Maranatha India Volunteer's International
September 2007 - July 2008
in this American N.G.O. based in Gurgaon from September 2007 to July 2008.
October 2004 - March 2005
on voluntary basis.
Qualifications & Certifications
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Amity University Uttar Pradesh
University of Delhi
University of Delhi
Bluebells School International
Bluebells School International
DISC personality systems
Institute of Motivational Learning