Management of ECSA's
May 2008 - December 2011
(Registration, Education and Standards & Procedures)
(a) Management of ECSA's administration, operations and systems;
(b) Efficient and effective execution of all functions assigned to him/her;
(c) Ensuring efficient and effective liaison and information flow between departments regarding matters of policy and operational issues that affect the activities of the departments;
(d) Ensuring efficient and effective liaison and information flow between ECSA's Council and committees of the Council regarding matters of policy and operational issues that affect the activities of the Council and committees of the Council;
(e) Management and control of ECSA staff members under his/her jurisdiction, and the maintenance of a high level of morale amongst his/her staff;
(g) Formulation and execution of strategies and policies in the above areas
(h) Responsible for ECSA's Quality Management System
Other Appointments to other structures:
(i) Member of the Standards Development of the Mining SETA (MQA)
(ii) Member of the HRDSA Technical Working Group and its sub-task teams on: SETA Performance and Production of Professionals
Manager: Standards & Procedures Sept 2006 - April 2008
(a) The alignment and harmonisation of ECSA policies and initiatives with national legislation, including the development and maintenance of sound relationships between ECSA and other relevant national initiatives such as SAQAs, the SETAs, SGBs, ETQAs.
(b) The management of ECSA's standards (qualifications and unit standards development) and procedures generating processes for the Council's educational, training and registration and ensuring systems are benchmarked to international, national and Council's requirements/standards.
Assistant Accreditation Manager
May 2006 - September 2006
Summarized Responsibilities relating to the Quality Assurance of engineering education in South African universities:
(a) The efficiency and effectiveness of the Accreditation Department in relation to its management, operations and procedures, including administrative support provided to all Accreditation Committees and their subcommittees;
(b) The efficient and effective execution of operational processes relating to accreditation visits to education and training providers;
(c) Managing the process for the evaluation of foreign qualifications held by engineers applying for professional registration at ECSA
P/T Office Manager
Stagecoach UK Bus
June 2005 - April 2006
Office Administration systems and Executive support to two directors
September 2003 - October 2005
Delivering Business Administration courses (to include):
HR, Business Communication, Financial Accounting for non-finance professionals
University of Central England Up to Feb 2005
Temp Admissions Officer
Dealing with applications for enrolment to the Faculty of Education and redirecting to the various interviewing committees. Following up on outstanding requirements and responding to queries related to the enrolment processes.
Customer Services Team Manager - Tote
May 2003 - June 2004
- Allocation of staff duties by preparing and maintaining rotas to ensure that appropriate staffing levels are upheld.
- Provision of effective complaint handling in accordance with GRA standards by investigation of customer complaints and ticket disputes, liaising with customers and staff, determining necessary action and liaising with the General Manager.
- Supervising the provision of equipment, induction and customer care training by organising and facilitating training sessions for all staff within remit. Ensuring that training records are updated and monitored as necessary.
- Recruitment of staff within remit, following and applying GRA's recruitment standards.
- Maintain discipline within the department by ensuring GRA's disciplinary and grievance procedures are adhered to and followed at all times.
- Remits reports to Head Office and the General Manager by reconciling figures from evening meetings in accordance with time schedules.
- Notifying staff of relevant information by circulating notices and details. Analysing feedback to produce operative recommendations.
- Arranges accurate payment of monthly wages by maintaining close liaison with the Accounts department. Ensuring that all queries and claims are reviewed prior to issue to wages department.
Relief Standards and Procedures Officer
Engineering Council of South Africa
January 1999 - October 2002
Exec Secretary to Deputy Registrar
OTHER APPOINTMENTS: Alternate Member to the National Standards Body (NSB) 06 - Charged with the critical analysis of standards and qualifications submitted for registration on the NQF, and policy issues affecting generation of standards.
Trustee - Engineering Council of South Africa Pension Fund.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Standards and Procedures
- Organising and co-ordinating meetings of the Engineering Standards Generating Body.
- Liaising with SAQA on standard generation and setting policy matters
- Liaising with member organisations and interest groups on issues relating to the generation of engineering standards and qualifications.
- Liaising with Education and Training Quality Assurance bodies (ETQAs) on issues relating to quality assurance of engineering standards and qualifications.
- Liaising and attending meetings of all other Standards Generating Bodies (SGBs) feeding into the ESGB standard setting structures.
- Charged with the responsibility to ensure that the people appointed by the individual SGBs to serve on the Standard Generating Groups were adequately qualified.
- Budget preparation and monitoring for the ESGB
Secretarial and Personal Assistant Duties
- Assisting the Deputy Registrar with the drawing up of policies and procedures for the organisation in line with the Basic Conditions of the Employment Act, Employment Equity Act, and all secretarial related duties, etc
Branch Administrator/Admin Secretary
March 1995 - December 1998
RESPONSIBILITIES- All secretarial, administrative and personnel matters
Administrative Secretary / Bookkeeper
January 1993 - March 1995
RESPONSIBILITIES: As Administrative Secretary
- Providing secretarial support services and assistance to the Hospital Administrator and at a later stage to the Fin Director
- As a Bookkeeper designated to deal with full creditors function for the various clinics (4) and hospitals (3), handled the following: (as well as other financial records on an ad hoc basis)
New Registration System
Lead, guide and report on the project and progress against set timelines for the different milestones
Qualifications & Certifications
Masters degree in Business Administration (MBA)
De Montfort University
Bachelor of Business Studies (Hons)
De Montfort University