Design: Static equipment design including Pressure Vessels, Process columns, Heat exchangers, Gassifiers, Reactors, Reformers, Filters(cartridge, reverse jet, strainers etc.), Cyclones, Separators etc.
Developing design basis and specifications for static equipments as per and international codes like IS, ASME, TEMA and PD 5500 etc.
• Manual design of static equipments and proficient using software viz. PVElite, ASPEN-BJAC, Micorprotol.
• Developing wind and earth quake designs and generating Mechanical data sheets (MDS).
• Thermal calculations for refractory thickness.
• Complex internals mechanical design (customized manual design) for reactors, columns etc.
Engineering: Completeness and consistency check for process data sheets, selection of materials.
• Preparation of material requisitions, Technical delivery conditions and Technical bid evaluation of bids received from vendors, technical discussion with vendors and finalizing technical conditions.
• Providing technical support to procurement regarding static equipment as per tender specs/data sheets.
• Vendor document/drawing review.
• Coordinating with other internal departments for equipments and for different packages.
• Review of FEA calculations for Vessels.
• Attending to fabrication shop problems related to equipment drawings and design.
• Generating man-hour estimate/ budget and adhering to the same while executing the project, meeting milestones and deadlines on time.
• Scheduling and delegating work to team and mentoring trainees.
• Reviewing problems & finding the root to generate lessons learnt & ‘Continuous improvement (CI)’ forms.
• Participating in Pre Inspection Meeting at vendor shops, witnessing inspections at various stages, witnessing refractory pouring and refractory dryouts etc.
• Thorough experience of Pneumatic conveying system projects.
• Conducting and facing technical and quality audits.
Engineer -Mechanical Static
From December 2012
Engineer –Mechanical Static
Reporting to Head Mechanical
• Handling static equipments and packages for NIMR cluster of production stations.
• Involved in activities viz. Finalizing project scope regarding mechanical work, man-hour estimation, MDS generation, MRs, TBE/TQs,TBS, Vendor document review, site support and commissioning support if required.
• Working on Shell DEPs and PDO SPs.
• Involved in varied spectrum of activities like capacity addition to a particular plant to setting up a new production station
• Equipments handled are strainers, vessels, heat exchangers, Air coolers, various packages viz HVAC, Chemical injection skids, samplers etc.
• Supporting other depts. and handling static equipments in other/rotating packages as well.
• Visiting site as required for vessel integrity inspection and data collection/verification.
Major Projects Handled
• Atmospheric Flare recovery project: Duration: 12 months
Handling individually the static equipment in the project containing Liquid Ring Compressor Separator, H2S Scavenger separator, Air cooler, chemical injection skid and makeup water skid package containing vessels pumps, vessels, valves piping and local controls and instruments. Coordinating extensively with all departments for skids and helping different departments by reviewing package equipments. Generating material requisitions, evaluating offers and generating TBEs for order placement. Reviewing vendor drawings.
• HVAC system for RIMA 132 KV substation upgrade: Duration : 8 monthsHandling the coordination of a centralized air conditioning system for substation. Reviewing documents and drawings generated by third party and the vendors as well and integrating the HVAC within substation.
• RIMA small fields upgrade: Duration : 8 months
Handling the vendor drawing review of basket strainers.
• CPI and drain system upgrade: Duration : 18 months
Handling upgrade of CPI vessels to increase efficiency and reduce the amount of water from the oil recovered. Wo
Sr. Technical Professional -Static equipment design Mechanical
March 2011 - December 2012
Sr. Technical Professional –Static equipment design Mechanical
Reporting to Head Mechanical
• Headed mechanical static team at India office.
• Designed KBR proprietary & Critical equipments viz. reactors, Ammonia Converters, Secondary reformers, heat exchangers and flash drums etc.
• Designed vessels with very high pressure equipment with thickness in range of 200mm upwards and with layered construction.
• Performed exhaustive strength calculations manually for very complex internal structures of said equipments with several pressure chambers inside with different pressures. Also generating code calculations with PVElite, Disasu and in house softwares.
• Prepared setting plans for specialized Heat exchangers.
• Worked with coal monetization team on Coal to ammonia TRIGTM technology of KBR designing double layered refractory lined equipment operating in the range of 1900 deg F.
• Worked on basic engineering package of First commercial Oxygen blown TRIGTM Island.
• Combined system piping stress calculation.
• Attended PIMs and inspection meeting etc.
• Witnessed complete cycle of refractory pouring of the secondary reformer maintaining pouring, holding and cooling cycle reporting all cycle times as per the procedures laid down.
• Witnessed inspection at vendor works for converter fabrication witness points and ensured the quality.
Major Projects Handled
• UGCC Ethylene Plant Project Ustyurt Uzbekistan: Duration: 5 months- Feed Package
Headed a team of engineers involved in activities related to mechanical static FEED work. Took care of man hour estimation and distribution. Took care of scheduling, timing and final delivery of deliverables. Checked the final mechanical datasheets of towers/vessels/drums etc.
• BCIC (BANGLADESH CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES CORPORATION)- Duration-12 months
Worked on 1000 MTPD Ammonia plant based on KBR Purifier ProcessTM handled proprietary and critical mechanical equipment. Designed multi-bed KBR proprietary Ammonia synthesis horizontal co
Manager -Static design Mechanical
SIMON CARVES/Punj Lloyd Engineering
July 2007 - March 2011
Manager –Static design Mechanical
Reporting to Head Of Dept.(HOD) Mechanical Static and leading a team of 4 engineers and 2 draftsmen
• Design of pressure vessels, columns, heat exchangers, storage vessels etc.
• Performed strength calculations manually and on PVElite, ASPEN-BJAC, Microprotol.
• Consolidation of fabrication drawings and bill of materials.
• Produced data sheets (MDS) material requisitions (MR) and purchase requisition (PR).
• Generated TBA and vendor recommendation.
• Resolved fabrication problems, checking fouling with shell development drawings.
• Prepared of detailed estimates for sales proposals.
• Support to all departments regarding static equipment.
• Input to engineers for piping routing, isometric generation and plant layout.
• Mentoring graduate trainees
Major Projects Handled
• LPG Import Terminal at Ennore Chennai(Tamil Nadu) India for Indian oil Petronas Limited: PMC FIRECON: Project duration- approx 12 months
Handled the project as Lead for Mechanical Static team of 4 engineers and 2 draughts men handling everything from design to final approval of vendor drawings for
11 nos. heat exchanges, 16 nos. Vessels, Loading arms, Static Mixer, Weighbridge, 2 nos. Mounded storage bullets and Coordination for 2 nos. Propane/Butane Cryogenic Tanks.
Supported various packages viz. Compressor, DM plant, Air dryer etc.
Designed 2 nos. LPG mounded bullets with OISD requirements and approval also under Explosive license. Carried out FEA calculations on ANSYS with vendor and checked the same to ensure to limit displacement of vessel. Impact testing carried out due to condensate temperature. Designed special arrangement of the mounded bulled to rest on the tunnel without transfer of any load to the tunnel.
Participated in model review.
Explained progress to management during management review meeting during the course of the project.
Kept man hours under check by systemizing hours even though man hours allotted were less than propose
Coperion Ideal P. Ltd
July 2003 - May 2007
New Delhi/ Noida, India July 2003-May 2007
(A German company with operations all over the globe having one of its JV/ manufacturing units at Noida, India)
• Design spec. & client spec. evaluation for conformity for material takeoffs, material requisitions.
• Performed the design calculations, equipment sizing calculations.
• Piping and valve selection
• Stress calculation for piping system and eliminating vibrations by providing special supports or trunnion.
• System pressure-drop calculation.
• Development/checking from plot plan/sections and getting it modeled by designers, proposing layout changes for feasibility and removing interferences.
• Specification and data sheet preparation of pneumatic conveying system, valves, instruments, blowers, compressors, rotary valves, diverter valves, heat exchangers, cartridge filters, bag filters, dehumidifiers and number other equipments.
• Technical presentations to clients.
• Technical design of the system in coordination with German colleagues.
• Liaison with various vendors
Major Projects Handled ( Average approx project duration 8 months)
• GAIL PATA(Pneumatic conveying system), PMC-EIL: PP & PE (Pneumatic conveying system )plant expansion project. Handled design and engineering of all static equipment viz. Tuck-Schub vessels, Filters, Cyclones, Heat exchangers, Moisture separators, Hoppers in pneumatic conveying system. Also handled the other activities in project.
• MCC Haldia TOYO: PTA plant expansion project. Handled design and engineering of all static equipment viz. Blow egg vessels for pneumatic conveying, mechanical design of double pipe heat exchangers, Filters, Cyclones, Moisture separators, Hoppers in pneumatic conveying system.
• IOCL Panipat-L&T-EIL: PTA plant expansion project. Handled design & engineering of all static equipment viz. Filters, Cyclones, S&T Heat exchangers, double pipe heat exchangers, Moisture separators, Hoppers in pneumatic conveying system. Also handled the...
Qualifications & Certifications
Sinhgad College of engineering, University of Pune
Three year Diploma in Mechanical engineering
Government Polytechnic Amritsar, India
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more