Parmalat South Africa (Pty) Ltd
From March 2013
From March 2013
•Verify correctness of the Price variance report, Item Cost breakdown and check quantity ordered versus quantity received
•Update and maintain Bills of Materials (BOM'S)
•Ensure that all internal control procedures are in place and are maintained on the BPCS system.
•Reconciling all inventory accounts to Balance Sheet
•Assist Management with analysis of month end reports such as Customer/Products Profitability Analysis, Value of Production Analysis as well as analysis of Plant expenses versus Budget
July 2009 - February 2013
July 2009 - February 2013
•Update standard costing for all inventory items (BOM maintenance)
-Change costing as and when required
-Review and resolve abnormal changes
-Ensure the Syspro cost roll up runs every month
•Reconcile PPV (Purchase Price Variance) Account
-Reconcile cost changes to the 'PPV' revaluation account (cost/quantity)
-Reconcile the balance of PPV account by major reasons
-Ensure PPV is posted per division to the relevant GL accounts
•Stock ledger maintenance
- Open new consignments points as and when required.
- Ensure consignment contracts exist for all locations.
- Link stock codes to warehouses and ensure costs exists for such stock codes
- Reconcile inventory valuation to GL (balance sheet).
- Reconcile consignment counts to GL (balance sheet).
- Reconcile WIP (Work-in-Progress) valuation to GL (balance sheet), and follow up on outstanding jobs.
- Reconcile stock transfer summary to the local GIT (Goods in Transit) GL account
- reconcile dispatches not yet invoiced GL Accounts
•Stock gains and losses
- Reconcile gains and losses to inventory count summary.
- Explain other gains and losses by major reasons.
•Pallets and container deposits
- Reconcile GL stock and expense accounts monthly.
•Factory recovery recon
- Reconcile labour recovery GL account to production report, ensuring all jobs were closed timeously and correctly
- Explain recoveries not balancing as per R/kg * Qty summaries on tonnage produced
- Ensure recoveries are posting to the correct division accounts
- Reconcile material recovery losses/gains to the GL account
•Review GRN (Goods Received) ageing and follow up on old outstanding items and partly matched items
•Liaise with the Sales team in order to ensure accurate margins are obtained on all products
- Invoicing and capturing relevant journals from creditors and cashbook information
- Liaise with group head office on all invoicing
- Reconcile the current account/loan account to the group...
Detpak South Africa (Pty) Ltd
July 2007 - June 2009
Factory Cost Accountant
Raw Material Receipts and Finished Goods Manufacturing
July 2007 - July 2009
Reporting directly to the Financial Manager, responsible for Variance Analysis such as Factory Efficiencies, Waste, labour, etc, Product Costings, Managing Bills of Materials, Import Costings, Liaising with the Factory Manager(GMPE), Coordinating monthly stocktaking, Preparing General Ledger Reconciliations, Raw Material Receipts and Finished Goods Manufacturing, Customer/Products Profitability Analysis as well as Daily Production Report - Value of Production Analysis and Prepare the financial books to balance sheet. Assist with month end reporting as well as annual budget preparation.
Production Team Leader
May 2005 - June 2007
Responsible for the processing and mix making department making sure that proper procedures are being followed in terms of producing the correct quantities of mix, correct recipes are adhered to, maintaining good quality standards at all times and following safety procedures as well as control of material usage, price and labour variances. Managing 29 people (process controllers, flavour specialists, mixers, rework & chocolate handlers and data capturers).
Trainee Team Leader
May 2004 - May 2005
Was also involved, amongst others, with the implementation of the SAP system as a Super User for Technical & Production.
Ice Cream Plant
April 2003 - June 2007
April 2003 - May 2004
Responsible for tracking variances on raw material usages with regards to work-in-progress, ensuring accurate recording and reporting of actual usages and assisting on stock controls.
COSi Consumer (Pty) Ltd
July 2001 - March 2003
Responsible for managing works-in-progress, purchase price variances, closing of completed jobs, daily maintenance of units produced, calculation of actuals vs. forecasts in order to determine gross profit margin as one of month end reports and implosion of cost changes and correction of bills of material.
Contractual appointment as an Accounts Clerk
DMC Stratex Networks (Pty) Ltd
March 2000 - February 2001
Responsible for invoicing, debtors' collections, assisting with cost accounting, order procurement, projected forecasting and reconcilliations.
clerk, assisting members of the department
Gobodo Inc., Forensic Accounting Dept
January 2000 - March 2000
Assisted a forensic team with their investigation of the Greater Metropolitan Council. Also assisted them with their investigation of the financial irregularities at Hyundai. Also worked for two months (Nov - Dec 1998) as a clerk, assisting members of the department in their investigation of Lesotho Bank and spent most of the time doing investigative work in Lesotho.
Qualifications & Certifications
Cost & Management Accounting
Vaal Triangle Technikon
Willow Crescent Secondary School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more