INVESTMENT BANKING & DEVELOPMENT GROUP
March 2009 - April 2013
* Identification of international real estate investment opportunities in the EMENA region whilst ensuring that income budgets are met.
* Asset co-management of QIB's international real estate portfolio mainly covering the EMENA Area.
* Active interaction with QIB's asset managers with the objective of maximizing returns and on having an effecti ve hands-on management approach.
* Restructuring of distressed funds / toxic assets particularly where areas involve debt / equity owed to financiers / investors.
* Identified cross-selling international real estate transactions between QIB and its affiliates, in KL, London and Beirut.
* Advised a major real estate Qatari developer on a real estate acquisition transaction for USD 150 MM in KL, Malaysia.
* Assisted the Int'l Real Estate Division in the fund raising of a number of international real estate funds covering the equity element with the target market mainly being Financial Institutions in Qatar. Examples include the European Mezzanine Financing Pl atform, which covered mainly commercial real estate in Europe. Fund was structured by the QIB-UK.
* Led a capital buy-back exercise from over 300 retail investors in one of QIB's major real estate funds with the calculation methodology being approved by all
stakeholders including regulators. The buy-back methodology was structured alone whilst the investor relation side was partly handled. Buy-back was in the vicinity of Euro 10 MM covering these 300 retail investors.
* Direct contact with QCB to manage their bailed-out assets. QCB, at times, was represented by its auditors.
* Worked extensively with QIB's Risk Group on refinancing debt with financiers, equity and mezzanine financing, new investment opportunities, QCB's investments, etc.
* Support with legal, accounting, treasury, risk, inter-department tasks / objectives, etc.
* Reporting on a quarterly basis to management on the performance...
QIB, CORPORATE INVESTMENTS
March 2007 - March 2009
* Co-management of QIB's portfolio of corporate investments wherein stakes in financial institutions were owned, either in the fo rm of subsidiaries, affiliates or minority interest stakes. Examples include the QIB-UK, Asian Finance House in Malaysia, Arab Finance House in Lebanon, Q-Invest in Qatar, etc.
* Reporting and supporting QIB's board member(s) sitting on the board of each of these FIs. Board meetings were conducted quarterly predominantly to discuss financing and investment applications.
* Responsible for cross-selling business between QIB and its group banks for transactions covering investments, financing, placements, syndications, trade
* Successfully attracted a 2 Year deposit for USD 80 MM from one of the QIB's group banks.
* Worked on the Gulf Petroleum Oil & Gas Malaysian Complex mandate for USD 2.5 bio. Mandate included the Advisory / Lead Arrangement for the equity and financing element.
* Traded during 2008 in listed securities generating for the bank handsome results.
* Awarded 3 times with special bonuses over a 2.5 year period. Valuation for year 08: V. Good (only team member within the Group and almost QIB to obtain 2
cash special bonuses in one year).
March 2006 - March 2007
* Assisted in budget preparation and identified non-performing assets needed for liquidation and sold through secondary markets.
* Analysis of potential investments (PEs, funds, investment in fund of funds, etc). Presentation of business plans, strategies and meeting and structuring investment deals with Investment Managers etc.
October 2004 - March 2006
* Solicited SME and large corporate accounts and analyzed financial statements/facility requests pertaining to potential corporate clients.
* Site visits, renew credit lines, update corporate credit procedures and liaise with Legal, Operations for facility disbursements.
ABU DHAI, UAE
March 2001 - August 2003
Corporate Financial analysis, submission of new/renewed credit proposals, negotiating/developing potential business, project / construction finance.
March 1999 - March 2001
* Preparation of credit reports, financial statement analysis, renewal of credit facilities and meet with corporate clients to discuss financing needs.