Over 20 years experience in Commercial, Procurement, Finance & Accounting, Contract Management, Project Management, Risk Management, Vendor Management and Shared Consultancy Services of which 17 years have been specific to Telecommunications, equipment, solution procuring, contract and project managing. Solid track recordin spearheading commercial, procurement, contract and project management during both recessionary and growth periods. Major capabilities include:
• Excellent administration and problem solving skills
• Results oriented and good leadership.
• Ability to plan, give clear direction, organize and lead specialized teams
• End-to-end management of contract negotiations.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skill, both verbal and written with ability to interact at all levels.
• Energetic and driven by keen desire to win
1. Developed various processes for effective overall management with the view to achieve cost effectiveness and at the same time address risk and control issues with minimal audit issues. Had the privilege to develop credit policies which was the first for the telecommunication industry in Malaysia.
2. Worked on reengineering processes where staff productivity has been improved by 30%.
3. Resolved issues with major strategic vendors at operational levels and developed processes and procedures for continuous improvement for both parties.
4. Provided the necessary feedback during contract formation stage so that minimal issues are encountered during the contract implementation stage.
5. Interpreted contracts and work with Project Managers to develop the relevant tracking mechanism or processes to measure deliverables by the vendors.
6. Developed a comprehensive Contract Management Manual
Maxis Malaysia Berhad
From September 2003
(Reports to Senior General Manager)
Responsible for overall Mobile data group purchasing new mobile solution and management of contracts
• Handled all purchasing and administrative work for the related Network Engineering Operations i.e. (Mobile Implementation & Engineering, Transport Engineering, Local Authorities Liaison, Network Operations Office and BTS & In-Building Implementation activities of Maxis)
• Sourced and purchased materials and supplies necessary to support these operations.
• Understand and ensure priority of customer's requirement; i.e. assisting the end users in all procurement activities so as to create a smooth flow in the implementation process.
Project Manager (PMI ESI Associate Certificate), Contract Manager and Risk management
The project manager has overall responsibility for completing the project within the agreed time, cost and quality parameters. Project managers also have responsibilities for:
• Managed the project team, whether beit virtual, cross-functional or otherwise.
• Produced and maintaining detailed end-to-end project plans
• Reviewed progress against plans and providing management reports
Siemens Business Services Malaysia
May 2002 - September 2003
(Reports to Commercial country Manager)
• Report difficulties/important developments/delays/backlog of work to the management in time
• Required to co-operate and interact within jurisdiction to ensure that the business is acquired and executed.- o according to the policies and procedures of the company
o with all necessary precaution in respect of losses, liquidity and statutory implications.
o In timely and orderly manner.
Vice President (Senior Commercial Manager)
June 2001 - April 2002
(Commercial Head of Division, APAC) (Reports to Commercial Head ISA, Munich)
• Agreed on and monitor the business target (OI, TO, EBIT, Asset, head count etc) for the Division. During in ISA for the ISA business in the Asia Pacific Region
• Secured additional business volume at given profit targets with the sales channels ( LC, Agents and other Siemens AG units)
• Commercial consulting for customers projects in the country and in the region throughout the whole process chain.
Senior Commercial Manager
June 1999 - May 2001
(Head of Department)(Reports to CFO Siemens Malaysia)
Overall responsible for the Profit and losses of the respective Enterprise Divisions
• Responsible for business administration and commercial controlling
• Maintained, supervising and controlling of the commercial activities.
Up to June 1999
(Reports to VP Commercial Sales Central Europe and Asia)
• Procedures, Methods and tools in all stages of Sales process handling
• Contract Management
• Supply Chain Management
• Risk Management
During one year period in Munich I was commercially responsible for the assigned task for business transactions with customers in Malaysia, Thailand and Philippine.
November 1996 - May 1999
(Head of Division for Commercial)(Reports to CFO Siemens Malaysia)
Overall responsible for the Profit and losses of the respective Divisions
• Check, approve and control all commercial matter and aspect of ICN outgoing proposal to Customers and Vendor
• Participate, negotiate and approve certain commercial matters and aspect of the contract.
• Check and approve all pricing matters and aspect of ICN proposal/quotation to Customer / End users.
(Computer system and Network installation, Customer care)
• Task to assemble customized Personal Computer's for Customers.
• Carried out Total Preventive Maintenance.
• Maintaining PC's Equipment's Uptime, Manufacturing Support.
Soon Seng Ind
To handle all Transportation and Shipping related work for the related company.
• Identified and qualify Shipping companies best suited as shipper together with the supervisor.
• Conducted Close Bid/Tenders alike exercises for substantial amount of material for export i.e. to prepare all documentation, to manage, evaluate and give Shippers with fairness and integrity to the Manager. In doing so, to ensure all tenders documents are properly documented and archived.
• Issued out all Shipping documents
Qualifications & Certifications
Business Management, Economic
Universitaet Passau, Germany
Universitay of Passau, Germany
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more