Claim you profile
Transmission Planning Engineer
• Telecom professional with 8 years of experience in the field of Telecommunications RAN,Transmission Planning, Transmission implementation, Deployment, Delivery and optimization of TXN networks. Have actively participated in MBNL projects Godiva 10:10, NTP1 and NTP3. Have worked on 2G Refresh, IP Abis cutovers, FE-GigE upgrades, LTE activations for KD:NA and BAU sites. Planning for new Lease Lines, MW upgrades, DE-Modifies, ETU cards Installations and Datafill for LTE activations of EE network. Attending Face to Face meetings, Conference calls, Webex meetings with customer representatives i.e. MBNL, EE, BT, Arqiva and E/// & EGI people. Applying and justifying new LLs, MW upgrades, Fe-GigE upgrades for TXN Network optimization and LTE activations according to NTP1/NTP3 guidelines.
• Supported projects on GSM 2G/3G/4G in “Mobilink” Pakistan (An Orascom Subsidiary), Alcatel-Lucent in Pakistan, Telco Services Scotland, Scotland, UK, Ericsson, UK, Ltd and Everything Everywhere UK.
Senior Consultant Transmission Planning
Ericsson UK Limited
September 2011 - June 2013
on EE LTE Project at Guildford, Surrey.
June 2013 Position: Senior Consultant Transmission Planning
• Transmission planning of both LTE/4G and non-LTE 2G & 3G as per NTP3 guide lines.
• Designing & upgrading of the network using Microwave, Ethernet (FE/GE) solutions, Layer 2 / Layer 3, the sites forecast and Traffic score.
• Planning involved the connectivity of Ethernet microwave links with BT & Virgin Media fiber hubs and designing the clusters using Tellabs 8605/8660 and CX600 switches.
• Liaising with service providers BT & Virgin Media for delivery of the Ethernet sites IP lub (FE/GE) managed service products in time and making sure the associated design can then be implemented in the planned network.
• Working on LTE Project to activate LTE on sites as per the guidelines to meet targets efficiently, proactively planning and head room analysis.
• LTE activations involved planning of the existing transmission network to include the LTE VLANs for 2G IP-Abis, 4G-EE and 4G-H3G services and allocate bandwidths by analyzing the capacity of cluster.
• Planning and allocation of Hub sites, Alternate HUBs, DE migration, CIR overbooking, planning Microwave paths NTP (National Transmission Plan) non-NTP and NTP3.
• Perform desktop analysis of the MBNL network using the planning guidelines, raising LOS TNE, design Microwave Links in accordance with the current link planning guidelines for link upgradation and raising Radio Install and de-install TNE's.
• Creating Ether flow for network clusters (BTS, NodeB, B2B, E-NodeB Child and HUB sites) using Apollo Tools and onward submission to BT for Lease line orders and modification.
• Checking and resolving the issues such as SNEID lockdown, SNEID overbooked, VLAN delivered, VLAN mismatch, Dual and Triple homing solutions, DE modifies resubmission and GE modifies.
• Ensure that relevant Etherways and Cutover TNE's (Transmission Network Element) are raised upon reception of CofC (Certificate of...
Transmission Implementation Controller
Ericsson UK Limited
January 2011 - September 2011
• Support department in delivering required element of end to end RAN Transmission implementation programme of microwave radio link installations/ reconfigurations on hardware, software aspects.
• Take actions to drive resolution of on day problems and issues, such that delivery is achieved and additional costs or implications are minimized.
• Responsible for ensuring Health and Safety is of paramount importance during works and rules and guidance.
• Contribute to any team meetings and interactions with team members on a regular basis.
• To escalate problems and expected challenges in good time to enable solutions to be implemented. Where not possible, to manage relationships with relevant stakeholders ensuring that messages are clear and transparent and action plans are put in place to mitigate any risk
• Undertake required actions to achieve SWC and Supplier Management, in order to deliver.
• Report on issue clearance progression both internally and with the supplier and keep the databases updated daily as to changes in the program & reporting on completed works.
• Review and approve additional costs submissions from the supplier (ACR's)
• Review technical completion documentation (CofC's) weekly against the supplier submissions reporting against both acceptance/rejections.
• Provide an interface internally for any pre/post installation issues reported by the internal teams working on the network and managing a solution to the issue in the shortest timeframe possible.
• Proven ability to interact with large numbers of technical resources and third parties
• Working in a highly complex, high availability service environment, serving both internal and multiple external customers on a significant commercial scale. A track record of success in a customer facing role is essential
• Ability to make engineering and financial judgments.
• Ability to review technical documents and Handover Packs / Completion Certificates.
Tech Manager Transmission Planning/RAN Transmission(Scotland)
Up to December 2010
• Broad technical appreciation of Access Transmission, TDM and Ethernet technologies and their applications in a mobile operator environment.
• Technical and integration support for Optical Transmission network.
• Management of ODF or OFDF (Optical Fiber Distribution Frame), DDF (Digital Distribution Frame) racks.
• Working knowledge of SDH, PDH, ATM, Frame Relay, PCM, Ethernet, WDM, DWDM, TDM, and ADM.
• Supervision of MW rollout for Ethernet migrations.
• Working on RU20/RU30 and checking and managing all its parameters.
• Working on Antenna Systems (MHA/TMA, Feeder losses, RX levels, PRX Noise) and to ensure all parameters and KPIs are according to requirement.
• Node B B(Flexi) and BTS (Optima) commissioning and integration.
• Node B to RNC transmission fault finding
• IP deployment/configuration.
• Worked on Huawei OSN 6800 OT, Ciena SDH & DWDM, ALU SDH.
• Traffic shifting and site Node-B re-parenting by analyzing traffic from Circuit manager.
• Technical support for all type of Trouble shooting.
• Technical interface to customer.
• Technical support for fault clearance (Ticket handling), IP Base Solution.
• NSN Flexi and series MW (including FPR, SRAL XD and Fleximetro) and NMS NetViewer in an Operational or Development Organisation.
• Hands on experience for NET Master and New NMS.
• To study the performance of MW links and trace out the reasons for downtime in the network.
• In case of poor weather conditions, make sure the efficient use of transmission power control, ATPC Automatic Transmission Power Control)or MTPC (Manual Transmission Power Control).
• To break long haul MW links into small distance MW links to minimize or even obsolete the downtime of network.
• Transmission technology (both leased line and radio) design knowledge and experience including ATM, Ethernet & IP technology
• 2G and 3G RAN design and core network architecture experience
• Optimisation of capacity and performance of transmission networks
• Working knowledge...
Specialist (Transmission Planning Access & Core Network)
Orascom Telecom Company/Mobilink
May 2006 - October 2008
Company's profile: Orascom Telecom is based in Egypt and Operates
Cellular Networks worldwide.
Transmission Planning Achievement Award for the year 2008 by Mobilink (Orascom Telecom).
• Evaluate the Reports when received to required SLA
• Assess Azimuth and Tilt requirements to maintain integrity of the existing Network.
• Highlight where preferred option has issues and evaluate if alternatives offered are more suitable. Engage with Shareholders to review sites and reach consensus view.
• Agree with shareholders required capabilities (technology and frequency bands) and capacities
• Check Opex and Capex limits are being met
• Ensure tools are populated with all equipment information
• Check and provide feedback on drawings
• Ensure Required data is prepared and raise any work orders required to support integration
• Ensure other teams within MBNL are aware of planned sites and provide information where requested.
• Solving customer's/vendor's quires.
• I & C of Ciena 6500 series systems.
• I/C of Long Haul/Short links, NMS activities in all over central-2 region of Punjab.
• Dealing with customers which include different type of reporting and weekly meetings.
• Providing technical help to outdoor teams keeping KPIs and SLAs under consideration.
• Handling I/C of WiMax equipment and its Transmission.
• Installation and commissioning of SDH & DWDM equipment.
• Handling all the teams which working for OAN & DEPLOYMENT Department.
• Deployment, commissioning and Provisional acceptance of NEC Microwave systems Myson Engineering Systems.
• Handling and managing meeting with all vendors to ensure that all work is being done according to the agreed quality parameters.
• Solving vendor's queries.
• Direct coordination with higher management of vendors and sub- contractors.
• Site surveys, equipment transportation to and from sites and warehouses.
• NMS activities in all over the region.
• Responsible for Nationwide surveys and System designing...
Senior Consultant Integration and Testing
• Working on the roaming project between EE UK and Irish O2 on the borders of Northern and Southern Ireland.
• Working closely with EE Environment Team and Starhome signaling team for Starhome products.
• Integration of RAN and CS core equipment.
• Study and analyze the project requirements.
• Create test case scenarios within EE Network. i.e. between HLRs, VLRs, MSCs and STPs.
• Take and analyze call traces.
• Make sure that Starehome IBR is integrated in EE network according to the requirements.
• Roam between EE UK (TMUK & OUK) and Irish O2 using different scenarios.
• Coordinate with Project manager and generate daily and weekly updates.
• Make sure that all routing data is correctly implemented on all network entities for Prepaid and Postpaid SIMs.
• Trace out the problem in calls termination, response from EE HLRs/VLRs to Starhome IBR.
TXN and BSS Deployment Project:
at Mobilink, Pakistan as RF Planning Executive.
Site Sharing Project:
between Mobilink Pakistan and Warid Telecom, Pakistan.
Qualifications & Certifications
The University of Glasgow
University of Engineering & Technology
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more