Claim you profile
Specialities: Database management.
Diagnosing, analysing, and repairing both hardware and software issues on Windows desktops and laptops.
Analysing desktop, user and network based ICT issues on small to medium corporate networks and finding solutions on schedule and within a very tight budget.
2 Year shop floor retail experience, as well as formal customer service training, within busy and entirely customer facing environments.
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Field Service Engineer
April 2013 - August 2013
Travelled to client sites throughout the Greater London area, in order to respond to IT service requests including:
Installation of new hardware systems and equipment.
Diagnostic and repair of existing hardware systems and equipment.
Troubleshooting and servicing of onsite equipment; printers, scanners, photocopiers etc.
Network infrastructure installations and maintenance.
'Scoping' of sites and recommendations of equipment required, prior to network installations/upgrades.
Remote desktop support, call logging for multiple clients.
Server maintenance of numerous client infrastructures including exchange and active directory services.
Primary applications used for remote support: Labtech & Bomgar.
IT Support Engineer
January 2012 - April 2013
Dealing with a wide range of technical issues and IT equipment maintenance as well as involvement with the business as a whole.
• General 1st and 2nd line support for staff in all departments at the Cats Swindon HQ.
• Responsible for our London Print room’s network management and Windows 7 roll-out.
• Extensive technical support on major printing contracts for companies such as; Network rail, Office Depot, Marks and Spensers, Moshi Monsters and Motorola.
• Refurbishing dated/unused desktop PC’s to a working/sellable condition and subsequent comprehensive cataloguing of condition and specifications.
Cats Group is a leading provider of managed print services including "on demand" print, scanning, large format production and electronic document processing.
The Group operates from its own hub locations around the UK and at client locations, managing onsite facilities under tightly specified service level agreements.
June 2011 - September 2011
* Responsible for managing the school 'Equipment Asset Database', by scanning and cataloguing all new equipment, tracking down and recording old uncatalogued equipment and amending the database as required.
* Appointed 'stand-in' during network managers absence.
* Responsible for operating, monitoring and storing critical data backups.
* Personally set-up temporary surveillance security measures to counter lead theft from the school roof.
* Assisted Heavily with inducting and training the new 'Junior ICT Technician'.
Trainee ICT Technician
The Commonweal School
May 2010 - September 2010
* Working to support students and staff with ICT based issues.
* Working closely with the network manager and other IT technicians to assist with backups and constant 'tech refreshes' of dated equipment.
* Monitoring logs of live equipment and internet use via the 'Impero Security Suite'.
* Played a key role in the Windows 7 roll-out across the 400+ Desktops and laptops throughout the school over the summer.
September 2007 - July 2009
Skills: Retail Health and Safety Training course, Manual Handling course, Advanced Customer Service Techniques course, Checkout Training
Qualifications & Certifications
Computer Networking BEng
London Metropolitan University
Computer Science BSc
Zenos IT Academy
New College Swindon
Dorcan Technology College
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.