I am Dutch and have been living and working in different countries for the last 17 years. I speak Dutch, Spanish, English, German and Portuguese
From July 2013
Fundación Azteca is the Corporate Foundation from Grupo Salinas, a fast growing group with businesses in Media, Retail, Financial Services, Telecommunications and Internet Industries in 10 countries.
In my current position I am responsible for developing the processes, procedures and methodologies for all the projects managed in the Foundation in Mexico and other countries. This includes the development of training programs and new manuals.
I am also in charge of developing a new procurement plan (on national and international level and the expansion of our projects in Mexico and abroad.
I report directly to the president of the Foundation.
Regional Manager for the Americas
March 2010 - March 2013
As a regional manager for the Americas I was responsible for more than 175 projects and activities per year for the Foundation in Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Costa Rica, USA, Canada and Trinidad Tobago. This includes strategy development and implementation, support for the local foundation teams, the improvement of our projects and the development of new ones, controlling (7.5 million usd per year), communication (internal and external), contacts with media, stakeholder engagement, and PR.
I was also in charge of developping volunteer actions in the countries mentioned above and seeking new global and local partnerships.
An important part of my results was measured by the internal and external visibility of the work carried out in my region, the number of beneficiaries and the number of volunteer hours.
I reported to the CEO of the ArcelorMittal Foundation and our GMB and Board of Directors
• Set up the Foundation in Mexico and Venezuela
• A 9 year partnership with the NGO Childfund International in Mexico
• A partnership with the Red Cross Mexico to support their local Units in our communities
• Youth Venture projects promoting the entrepreneurship among youngsters with the NGO Ashoka in Mexico, Venezuela, Argentina, Canada and Brazil. Seed capital for over 70 groups of students
• Building projects with the NGO Habitat for Humanity in Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina, Canada and Trinidad Tobago
• Micro credit projects with HfH and Foundation Woman in Costa Rica
• The organization of 7 volunteer holidays in Mexico, Brazil, Trinidad Tobago, Argentina and Haiti for our employees worldwide
• Volunteer projects with our employees and the NGO Junior Achievement in Costa Rica and Trinidad Tobago
• The implementation of the project Human Values in 3 schools in Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico, training for around 120 teacher
• The development of a customer made educational project for schools in Mexico
• The overview of around 175 projects and...
Corporate Responsibility and Foundation Manager
April 2008 - February 2010
In this position I was responsible for projects and activities related to workplace, environment and communities in 5 locations in Mexico and 1 in the USA. This includes the development and implementation of local strategy, project management, the improvement of existing projects and the development of new ones, communication (internal and external), stakeholder engagement, controlling of local budget, PR, the development of volunteer networks and the search for new local partnerships
The corporate responsibility manager reports to the country CEO and the Foundation Regional Manager for the Americas
Deputy Head for General and Consular Affairs
Royal Netherlands Embassy
In the Royal Netherlands Embassy I was responsible for controlling and HR related activities besides I took the responsibilities as facility manager
Store Manager C&A Puebla, Mexico
After some months as a management trainee I became a store manager. I was accountable for the daily management, sales, HR, credit cards, visual merchandise, client service and the organization of events. I reported towards the head quarters in Mexico.
Office Manager for the Agricultural
Royal Netherlands Embassy
During my time as an office manager in the Royal Netherlands Embassy I was responsible for the office administration, finance, support for the agricultural counselor, import and export consultation for companies, the organization of events and the selection and administration of projects management by local NGOs and financed (partly) by the Netherlands Ministry of Agriculture.
Qualifications & Certifications
Facility Management Hogeschool Heerlen