Claim you profile
, I completed my Teaching Bachelor's degree in social media, Communication Culture and Foreign Languages in 2010 And a course of inicial Teaching Training for Teachers as well as pedagogical skills to practice the profession of Trainer. I have four years of teaching experience at primary schools in my home country on KS2. In addition, I have also served as a Teacher Assistant/teacher and Learning Supportive Assistant for different Schools from foundation to Secondary schools in (Azores-Portugal) for more than eight years. Furthermore, I have more than 18 years experience working in school as I am passionate for teaching and In Azores I continued studying to improve my skills. Therefore I took several courses related to teaching and all subjects concerning schools and children. I was accepted for my Masters degree in Portugal but I decided to come and teach in England for I am passionate for the language and the culture of the country.
I have previously worked with children with special educational needs, and those excluded from mainstream education. I recognise the vital impact that education has on a child’s life and I believe that all children should be given the opportunity to develop and succeed academically.
In all my previous roles I demonstrated my ability to cope extremely well with the challenges that were presented to me and enjoyed working in the fast paced environments. I developed a sound insight into the field of working with children and understand the importance of team work when it comes to supporting and empowering learning.
I am a smartly presented and courteous individual, responsible, dynamic and with a friendly and positive manner. I have good communication skills and the ability to empathize with pupils, whilst being confident about maintaining the required level of discipline. I work very well as part of a team as I offer support as required, though with a keen interest in this field and a desire to succeed, I can also be relied upon to work
May 2011 - May 2011
BHD Media Communication Culture Foreign languages
• I am a highly experienced and innovative individual who has worked in the education system for over 18 years in Portugal. I have worked as administrator, teacher assistant and teacher among others. In these roles I developed different leadership skills and flexibility for teaching with a course of initial Teaching Training for Teachers as well as pedagogical skills to practice the profession of Trainer.
• I am a professional teacher (honours degree) in social media, communication culture and foreign languages. I have worked in primary and secondary schools over the years and gained experience and knowledge to teach through out the National Curriculum.
• I have experience of working in mainstream schools, within children with special educational needs and with children excluded from mainstream education. I have a proven success in cultivating, developing and managing pupils to achieve their goals
• I possess knowledge and experience in working with large or small groups as well as one-to-one teaching. I have lectured to all academic age ranges from nursery to high school.
• I hold high personal integrity, and the ability to relate to and create trust in all. I believe I am dependable and reliable in supporting and enabling team effort to produce genuine long-term sustainable academic development.
• I consider myself as a reliable employee with excellent communications skills, fast learner and holder of excellent problem solving abilities. I am extremely organized, reliable, flexible and willing to follow through any project I undertake as well as quick volunteer to assist in other subjects and activities.
• Nowadays, I am working at JOHN KEBLE ANGLICAN CHURCH PRIMARY SCHOOL as a Teacher Assistant or Learning Assistant from 16th May 2011 giving one to one support and classroom support for Years 5 and 6.
Qualifications & Certifications
degree in media journalism and comunication
University of Azores
A levels and gcse
secondary school domingos rebelo
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more