Claim you profile
, I completed my Teaching Bachelor's degree in social media, Communication Culture and Foreign Languages in 2010 And a course of inicial Teaching Training for Teachers as well as pedagogical skills to practice the profession of Trainer. I have four years of teaching experience at primary schools in my home country on KS2. In addition, I have also served as a Teacher Assistant/teacher and Learning Supportive Assistant for different Schools from foundation to Secondary schools in (Azores-Portugal) for more than eight years. Furthermore, I have more than 18 years experience working in school as I am passionate for teaching and In Azores I continued studying to improve my skills. Therefore I took several courses related to teaching and all subjects concerning schools and children. I was accepted for my Masters degree in Portugal but I decided to come and teach in England for I am passionate for the language and the culture of the country.
I have previously worked with children with special educational needs, and those excluded from mainstream education. I recognise the vital impact that education has on a child’s life and I believe that all children should be given the opportunity to develop and succeed academically.
In all my previous roles I demonstrated my ability to cope extremely well with the challenges that were presented to me and enjoyed working in the fast paced environments. I developed a sound insight into the field of working with children and understand the importance of team work when it comes to supporting and empowering learning.
I am a smartly presented and courteous individual, responsible, dynamic and with a friendly and positive manner. I have good communication skills and the ability to empathize with pupils, whilst being confident about maintaining the required level of discipline. I work very well as part of a team as I offer support as required, though with a keen interest in this field and a desire to succeed, I can also be relied upon to work
May 2011 - May 2011
BHD Media Communication Culture Foreign languages
• I am a highly experienced and innovative individual who has worked in the education system for over 18 years in Portugal. I have worked as administrator, teacher assistant and teacher among others. In these roles I developed different leadership skills and flexibility for teaching with a course of initial Teaching Training for Teachers as well as pedagogical skills to practice the profession of Trainer.
• I am a professional teacher (honours degree) in social media, communication culture and foreign languages. I have worked in primary and secondary schools over the years and gained experience and knowledge to teach through out the National Curriculum.
• I have experience of working in mainstream schools, within children with special educational needs and with children excluded from mainstream education. I have a proven success in cultivating, developing and managing pupils to achieve their goals
• I possess knowledge and experience in working with large or small groups as well as one-to-one teaching. I have lectured to all academic age ranges from nursery to high school.
• I hold high personal integrity, and the ability to relate to and create trust in all. I believe I am dependable and reliable in supporting and enabling team effort to produce genuine long-term sustainable academic development.
• I consider myself as a reliable employee with excellent communications skills, fast learner and holder of excellent problem solving abilities. I am extremely organized, reliable, flexible and willing to follow through any project I undertake as well as quick volunteer to assist in other subjects and activities.
• Nowadays, I am working at JOHN KEBLE ANGLICAN CHURCH PRIMARY SCHOOL as a Teacher Assistant or Learning Assistant from 16th May 2011 giving one to one support and classroom support for Years 5 and 6.
Qualifications & Certifications
degree in media journalism and comunication
University of Azores
A levels and gcse
secondary school domingos rebelo
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.