A "can-do" attitude, with the ability to build trust and credibility with Leadership and employees.
High energy and drive, and strong organisational and administrative skills.
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Ability to identify and develop opportunities.
Self-motivated and focused.
Strong planning, organising and monitoring abilities - an efficient time-manager.
Over the years in the Health, safety and environmental environment, I have gained a wealth of knowledge and skill in various business areas, thus, allowing me to offer any organization sound business understanding and effective Health and Safety management skills. I have effectively managed HSE which has resulted into international accreditation and certification in the various spheres being achieved. My ability to identify opportunities for business improvement will be beneficial to any organization and my drive and understanding of the complete HSE processes will allow for sound decision making.
From November 2011
Johnson Controls Automotive - Plant East London
• Ensure contractors compliance with minimum HSEE requirements and have a valid permit to work.
• Ensure that the company's HSEE policies and procedures are fully complied with in order to reduce the risk of litigation.
• Co-ordinate and control First Aid activities, accident & spillage investigations and collation of accident statistics (internal and external reporting).
• Liaise with Regional HSEE Manager and HR Manager on occupational health and safety issues.
• Liaise with the Regional HSEE Manager on all environmental compliance issues.
• Schedule and coordinate HSEE committee meetings in accordance with company procedures. Represent the plant externally on HSEE issues, in cooperation and agreement with the Regional HSEE Manager.
• Drive and co-ordinate the site behavior based safety program, Total Safety Culture.
• Facilitation of incident investigations involving fire or other emergencies.
• Ensure that people with responsibility for safety and environment are challenged.
• Act as the "internal consultant" to the plant manager and to the plant management team.
• Facilitation of statutory required measurements such as noise, lighting and ventilations surveys, ESD measuring, infrared inspections etc. Initiate appropriate corrective actions.
• Facilitate / provide and/or conduct training in all HSEE matters.
• Complete and update all Environmental Aspect and Impact assessments and Health/Safety Risk assessments. (including Hazardous Chemical Substance assessments).
• Assist plant management team in the development of HSEE objective and targets to ensure compliance with ISO14001 and OHSAS18000 and to drive continuous improvement.
• Develop management programs for set objectives and targets. Track progress on a monthly basis and report to plant management.
• Maintain ISO14001 certification.
• Conduct internal HSEE audits based on BOS and regional requirements.
• Track progress of open audit...
76 White Road, Retreat Industrial
August 2007 - April 2011
Cape Town, 7546
Responsible to ensure company's SHE Management System is implemented to current International and Corporate Standards: ISO 14001:2004, ISO 9001:2000, ISO/TS16949:2002, OHSASA 18001:1999
Management of Annual SHE Budget.
Reporting of plant status to Company's Directors.
Management of Occupational health clinic.
Ensure site legal compliance.
Representation in SHEQ forums, Departmental Risk Management Meetings.
Responsible for providing SHE specialist input with the procurement department.
Responsible for advising and servicing customers' requirements: i.e. advising all customers regarding best practice Environmental & Safety Technology.
Responsible for the interpretation, assessment and dissemination of legal requirements.
Responsible for the compilation of permit / licensing applications.
Responsible for assessing the SHE impacts of Hazardous Materials.
Responsible to ensure that SHE Risk Assessments are completed and sustained plant wide.
Responsible to ensure SHE incidents are managed effectively.
Responsible for the development of SHE training concepts.
Responsible for conducting all on-site SHE training.
Responsible for the liaison and communication with Legislative authorities.
Responsible for monitoring and assessment of SHE aspects and its associated impacts
Mercedes Benz of South Africa
Training both employees and contractors. HSE Investigations determining root cause analysis. Cost Saving Initiatives through optomizing HSE standards.
Mercedes Benz of South Africa
April 1994 - August 2007
•Maintain an up to date list of all HCS used on site. MSDS to be available for all.
•Conduct HSEE induction for new employees, temporary workers and external contractors performing work on company premises.
•Ensure all statutory appointments are in place and current.
•Conduct annual audits on service providers in terms of ISO14001 certification. Monitor open actions.
•Audit clinic to ensure baseline, annual and exit medicals are conducted as per standard.
•Establish PPE requirements for plant based on risk assessment.
•Update Corporate Health, Environmental and Safety System on a monthly basis.
Conduct Internal HSE Audits and compiling reports.
Qualifications & Certifications
NEBOSH International HSE Diploma
Environmental Impact Assessments
Environmental Management Systems