I'm currently employed with the Department of Human Services. My portfolio involves carefully scrutinizing financial statements, orders that are raised, home assessments and much more. As a public servant in the Housing sector my skill set involves attention to detail, responsive work and lots and lots of trouble shooting.
Tenant Participation Coordinator
October 2012 - January 2013
Plan and implement projects based on defined outcomes and outputs or project/s of a client specific or sensitive nature.
* Identify high priority issues and risks impacting on project schedules and quality and pro-actively escalate/planning and delivery processes are in line with operation and legislative requirements.
* Provide authoritative advice and sound recommendations to the senior management, senior project management staff, clients, contractors and relevant stakeholders within government and non government agencies and the general community.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships ongoing communication and successful negotiations with key internal and external stakeholders.
Appeals Information Officer
Housing Appeals and Complaints Unit
July 2012 - October 2012
Ability to carry out thorough investigations of complex matters.
• Prepare and present quality reports, submissions, briefings and correspondence, and maintain proper documentation, recording and tracking systems, in accordance with established performance standards.
• Ability to undertake comprehensive research and conduct sensitive and/or complex investigations under minimal guidance.
• Provide clear, timely and authoritative advice to key stakeholders in relation to appeals processes, Housing policy and procedures, and other avenues of complaint (eg. VCAT, Ombudsman, DHS Formal Complaint Network) as well as referring clients to relevant support services.
Waiting List Management Team
November 2011 - July 2012
• Manage the Segmented Waiting List (SWL) changes to the Public Housing Waiting List in a carefully staged manner and assess priority applications for public housing in HiiP (software program for processing applications) in accordance with policy and procedures to ensure a seamless process for the client.
• Prepare reports, briefings and correspondence in response to emerging issues at the program level
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
• Ensure processes are streamlined and communicated.
• Ensure that priority applications are assessed and approved in a timely manner in accordance to policy and procedures. Develop and maintain effective relationships with the Service Improvement, Good Practice and Policy Unit.
• Assist in regional road shows to inform sector staff of the changes to the Public Housing Waiting List.
• Monitor and report on applications using a tracking spreadsheet and collate fortnightly data summary to senior management
• Review the SWL policy and procedures and make recommendations to Good Practice Unit for policy changes required
Housing Services Officer/Relieving Senior Housing Services Officer/Team Manager
• Over the past year, I have worked in the capacity of Acting Senior Housing Officer and relieving Team Leader managing the relocation process; this position involved standard housing worker duties as well assessing and reviewing decisions relating to early housing and rebate applications from less experienced Housing Services Officers and taking appropriate action regarding training.
• The Team Manager role involved supporting staff in ensuring ppd 's were completed with a recognition of skills and a plan for career development as well as ensuring that the delivery of operational housing objectives were met.
• My duties over the last 3 years have required a sound ability to establish requirements and recommend strategies for early intervention involving clients with challenging problems, and the ability to determine, support, advocate, recommend and implement strategies for clients and representing the Department at VCAT as well as with other agencies/departments. I am a fully competent Housing Services Officer, Tenancy and HAAT.
Qualifications & Certifications