Claim you profile
Mrs Margaret Bischoff
October 2009 - February 2010
Mrs Bischoff had recently lost her husband and was finding it hard to cope with her situation at 82 years old. At the time, her son was overseas in Germany so I was employed by her in the interim to support and care for her.
• Administration and keeping accounts medicine.
• Cleaning and cooking of meals, shopping and general household duties.
• Emotional support.
• Dealing with challenging behaviour as a result of sometimes being in a confused state.
Health Care Assistant
Arundel Park Lodge Nursing Home
July 2009 - October 2009
My responsibilities and duties included:
• Maintaining a high level of hygiene of the residents and personal living spaces.
• Maintenance of catheter bags.
• Keeping record of resident files and progress.
• Using mechanical aids such as hoists for manual handling.
• Working together with the rest of the care team to ensure all staff are up to speed on situations and risks.
• Overcoming communication barriers with residents with hearing impairments through clear pronunciation and hand gestures.
• Catheter bag maintenance.
• Accountable for personal time management & time scales for care targets.
• Good track record of working under pressure and in cases of increased workload.
Royal Sussex County Hospital
October 2007 - May 2008
Voluntary Work whilst at college in hospital Refreshments shop (WRVS)
My duties included:
• Running the tea bar independently in the Accident and Emergency department.
• Working under pressure during the busiest hours and maintaining excellent face to face customer service.
• I was in charge of stock keeping, general hygiene and keeping accounts of all transactions made during my shift.
• On occasions I was given the responsibility of closing the shop, taking final accounts of transactions, organising remaining stock but also to clean and prepare for the following opening. Once this was complete I would report to hospital security with the keys.
currently studying in complementary therapies including aromatherapy, Swedish and reflexology massage.
I am also doing a course on pregnancy and baby massage
my course finishes at the end of June 2014
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.