From January 2013
with Alitalia, I have been proposed to revisit their line maintenance at Heathrow Airport (UK) to provide support to the engineers
Production Planning Engineer
HYMEC Precision Engineering Ltd
November 2011 - March 2012
From 8 November 2011 to 13 March 2012, I have been working as Production Planning Engineer within an aerospace manufacturing industry. Key achievements include:
• Managed the B/E Aerospace Ireland Portal and negotiated with customers through the Portal on various aspects of their orders.
• Analysed engineering drawings to determine critical dimensions, requirement of special tools and gauges and ease of programming.
• Performed Contract Review procedures to ensure feasibility of manufacturing parts in-house,
availability of special tools and gauges in-house, the need for sub-contracting (plating) and profit
• Operated the 123mrp software to efficiently manage the production control of the orders.
• Adopted Kanban systems within the production control system.
• Applied Lean and Six Sigma principles to remove waste along the production chain.
• Used FMEA methods and Root Cause Analysis in problem solving when needed.
• Ensured that Quality Assurance procedures are followed at different stages of the manufacturing
January 2013 2 Resume
• Generated machine code on EDGECAM for CNC milling.
Production Engineering Experience - HYMEC Mauritius (Appraisal form to be provided on request)
April 2011 - August 2011
in HYMEC Mauritius
CNC Mauritius Ltd. Key achievements include:
• Managed efficiently the chain production of aircraft parts.
• Worked out OEE on a monthly basis and implement changes to improve the manufacturing processes;
• Assisted in the planning and introduction of efficient production methods to maximise company
output using the Lean Manufacturing techniques (Six Sigma principles).
• Managed projects within the company from the design till execution stage: Tapping table, EASA Part
145 and 21G Approval Planning
• Occasionally, programmed of parts on EDGECAM and operated CNC machines.
Engineering Experience - Air Mauritius (Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport (Hangar)-
Mauritius) - Proof of traineeship and achievements to be provided on request.
Technical Services Organisation of Air Mauritius
August 2010 - April 2011
From 2 of Aug 2010 to 4 of April 2011, I have been following an intense traineeship programme as Engineer in the Technical Services Organisation of Air Mauritius (Mauritius) under the close supervision of the Quality
Assurance Manager. Air Mauritius fleet comprises of Airbuses A340s, A330s, A319, ATRs and Bell Helicopters.
Key achievements of the traineeship include:
• Strictly inspected all work carried out within Air Mauritius Maintenance Organisation as per the procedures of EASA/DCA Part 145, 147 and 66 approved manuals.
• Reported incidents/accidents and performed root cause analysis.
• Worked on and implemented the ADD Performance Monitoring Report project in Air Mauritius
Technical Services Department
• Partly assisted in the development of an Approved Maintenance Schedule / Approved Maintenance
Programme of Air Mauritius with clear understanding of the initial contribution of the MRBR & MSG-3
methodology, Type Holder Certificate, Maintenance Documents, OEMs and In-service experience
reports in the set up of the Approved Maintenance Programme.
• Successfully interpreted and processed a few ADs and SBs in the Engineering Section, making efficient
use of approved documentations like AirNav, AirMAN, AIR and related AD/SB/SIL/AOT.
• Evaluated a few aircrafts' damage and corrosion incidents using SRM and approved repair manuals with brief explanation given by certified staff on NDT (Non-Destructive Testing) techniques.
• Exposed to engine health monitoring techniques and interpreted charts/graphs.
• Project Managed the EASA Part 66 Training School Audit.
N.B Unlike other trainees in Air Mauritius, I have been provided the opportunity to work and get exposed to major different sections of the Technical Services Department besides Quality Assurance Section namely
Engineering, Materials, Maintenance Planning and Forecasting & Records.
Engineering Experience and Airline Experience - Alitalia (Heathrow Airport Terminals 2 & 4 - United
Kingdom) - CAP741 Engineer's...
June 2009 - July 2010
B1/B2 Alitalia licensed aircraft engineers on Airbuses A319 & A320, performing line maintenance during their
night stops at Heathrow Airport (UK) (N.B During that same period, I was working for Alitalia as Passenger
Service Agent). The following illustrates key achievements of the training:
• Successfully being assessed (oral test) on aircraft systems (reference: Boeing/Airbus ATA Chapters) by experienced licensed aircraft engineers of Alitalia.
• Performed efficiently, under supervision, the routine walk-around checks as per their daily and weekly check sheets.
• Followed troubleshooting and rectification of aircraft maintenance tasks procedures (under
supervision) using approved publications like AMM, IPC, FIM and TSM. I had the chance to watch the carrying out of aircraft refuelling and headset/pushback procedures.
• Successfully interpreted ECAM and ICAS messages.
• Successfully interpreted aircraft documentations like Tech Log, Cabin log, Certificates of
Airworthiness, Certificate of Maintenance, Radio Station Certificate, Certificate of Registration and
Passenger Service Agent
Airport (UK). I
March 2009 - July 2010
have carried out all chores related to my job in a professional and efficient manner with no
complaints from either passengers or my seniors.
part-time Physics and Science teacher at Hayes Tuition
Hayes Tuition Centre
June 2008 - July 2009
(UK) & Ministry of Education & Human Resources (Mauritius)
From June 2008 to July 2009, I have been working as a part-time Physics and Science teacher at Hayes Tuition
February 2000 - September 2005
(Physics) for the
Ministry of Education & Human Resources (Mauritius).
My learnt and acquired skills will no doubt prove to be useful and beneficial to aircraft manufacturing
industries, Technical Services Organisation of an airline and MROs.
Knowledge & Understanding:
• My educational background and on the job experience at Heathrow Airport and HYMEC have
inculcated in me a high sense of understanding and knowledge of the Technical Services and
Manufacturing Department of an aviation/aerospace sector.
• Walk around checks of Alitalia aircrafts and frequent quality inspections in different departments of
Air Mauritius Technical Organisation have raised my ability to quickly detect and identify the slightest
• Applying quality assurance procedures and lean principles into my work and working environment
have brought immense amelioration in the quality of my work.
• Root cause analysis has greatly improved my problem solving skills.
• Having managed a few projects, I have developed a high sense of project management skills.
• Having managed the whole production line at Hymec Ltd has also permitted me to enhance my skills in people management.
• Learnt and acquired knowledge, during the course of my studies and career, have moulded me to think critically, analysing engineering issues from a mathematical and scientific point of view in order to efficiently deliver professional judgement.
• I have intelligently developed practical skills in the safe handling of tools and equipment either in laboratory experiments, in wind tunnel testing for the design of wing of aircrafts, during quality
inspection or in testing of pitot tubes.
General Transferable Skills
• Fluent in English and French, both written and spoken, I communicate effectively in engineering
related fields both orally and diagrammatically.
• I am very conversant with Microsoft Office packages, ROCADE, MXI, 123mrp, Edgecam,...
Qualifications & Certifications
Management and Fluid Structure Interaction
Imperial College London
Unversity of Mauritius
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more