Pre QC and Post QC
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Assistant Manager – Band 4
TATA Consultancy Services
From April 2012
• Managing and mentoring a team of 6 Team Leaders and 48 Analyst for TCS client which has the following processes.
1. Pre-Underwrite Sample QC – Rating broker and correspondents.
2. Post Conditions QC – Rating and reviewing the Underwriter’s Quality.
3. Pre-Funding Review – QC of loans prior to funding and avoiding if required.
4. Post Funding QC – QC of loans after funding to check investor guidelines are met.
5. Indexing and validation – Stacking the broker package and ordering required documents.
6. Condition review, Disclosure clearing and validation.
• Started the pilot batch of 10 Associates and now we have grown to more than 60 team.
• Role: - understanding the investor requirement and updating the team on a regular basis.
• Presentation: - Actively involved in transition of other process from the same business provider as: - Indexing, Closing draw, Condition Splitting etc.
• Reports: - QBR, MBR, EOD MIS of all the processes, Monthly billing report to the client, Forecasting and projections management, Capacity utilization management.
• Underwriting is my core hence spends some time in Training and Also QC files.
Senior Underwriter – Band 5
Sutherland Global Services
September 2006 - July 2012
Locations managed :- Mumbai, Cochin, Chennai – India & Houston – USA
• At SGS I received opportunity to Explore and Expertise myself in End to End Mortgage activities.
• I was actively involved in all the business development and client presentation.
• Joined at Band 2 and achieved up to band 5 in a span of 5.5 years.
• Following are some of the roles I was into since joined.
Aug 2010 to May 2011 - I was deputed to Houston, TX – USA on L1 Visa for setting up mortgage underwriting process.
May 2010 to July 2010 - Presented End to End mortgage process to 4th largest originator in USA for Mortgage underwriting Process and client gave us an opportunity to provide service.
Oct 2009 to Dec 2009 - Played a major role Fannie Mae and State Audit for FHA loans.
Oct 2008 to July 2012 - Consulting Mortgage loan officer on Queries and Effective submission of files to processing to improve the touch rate and turnaround time.
June 2008 to July 2012 - Suspend / denial Review – This involved re-work of suspended denied files and re-submitting to investor review for exception approval.
Mar 2008 to July 2012 - QLP process – In this process we review all the documents before the file moves to processing. It was a control mechanism which prevented unnecessary files reaching the processing department.
Jan 2007 to April 2007 - Pricing and rate lock process as this was a new process and lot of things needed to be streamlined.
Sept 2006 to July 2012 - Set up the pilot In-house underwriting process. Received underwriting rights from Amtrust, Flagstar, Wells Fargo and SunTrust and Delegated MI rights from Genworth, PMI, MGIC and UG.
Senior Mortgage Analyst
Accenture / Global Realty Services
February 2006 - September 2006
QC Review of underwritten loan pre funding for a team of 10.
• Providing regular feedback and updates to the team
• Taking care of communication to the client i.e. Video conferencing and telex conferencing on daily basis.
• Sending daily reports to the top management on Quality, Volumes, Capacity utilization, TAT, Efficiency.
• Mentoring the team on required training depending on the quality and client feedback on weekly basis.
• Assigning the team weekly targets and motivating them to achieve the same.
• Attending meeting on behalf of managers when ever required.
• Times of high volumes taking care of production myself.
• On daily basis getting clarified queries on files underwritten through
• Professional online desktop chat.
• Handling process is: Underwriting, setup, Doc Draw, Docs Checking, and Funding Audit.
Ocwen Financial Solutions Pvt Ltd -
December 2003 - February 2006
• Scrutinizing complete documents and giving a decisions to loan; documents like, Loan application from broker.
• Analyzing borrowers (bwr) credit reports both FA credit report and broker credit report.
• Income documentations for both wage earner and self employed like current pay stubs, w2s, bank stmts and 1040s.
• Sub property appraisal report keeping in tack of URAR requirements for all types of property
like SFR, 2-4 units and condo, in addition completing internal appraisal checklist and verifying appraisal value through online internet sources.
• Purchase contract (if applicable) or payoff statement (refinance)
• Verifying title or prelim for sub property, Verifying court documents like divorce decree, bk 7/13 and judgments etc. (if applicable)
• After verifying all necessary above documents, will determine the best program to grade the Bwr and give our final rate keeping in view toward broker submission rate by completing all the areas of workbook calculation sheets).
• After completing the basic work of underwriting, then condition for required documents and finally loan decision are given based on our findings whether approved or declines the complete explanation to support my decision.
• Had an opportunity to work with PFA (post funding audit) team to review and rate the accuracy of underwriting for all funded loans for period of 3 months.
Sutherland Global Services
From September 1996
Adventity BPO Pvt Ltd