I have been confidently and competently provided counselling and mediation to a range of families and individuals with professionalism and success for the past 15 years. I also have a strong commitment to education and training and have several training qualifications. I am interested in working with families assisting them to develop post separation parenting plans as well as counselling families and individuals suffering from anxiety , depression and other related issues. I can adapt to many health fields and am a self motivated worker
FAMILY DISPUTE RESOLUTION CONSULTANT
Whilst working part-time for this Social Services Centre whose main service offering was free mediation services to separated families, I successfully achieved the following:
• Effective phone & face to face assessments/referrals & mediation facilitation of families/individuals & employers presenting with a broad range of complex psychosocial issues.
• Competently provided triage & crisis intervention for clients calling our service for advice/information.
• Developed & delivered programs, including a workshop for parents & grandparents on the process of mediation, which included child development theories, Family Law Act & the impact separation has on children and parents and healthy co- parenting strategies
• Efficient data entry & clinical note taking including drafting agreements, action plans & ensuring each stakeholder was aware of their role & responsibilities
SENIOR FAMILY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PRACTITIONER
Burnside Uniting Care
Whilst working for this leading Child & Family Organisation in NSW I competently performed the following:
• Effectively supervised junior staff, which included all aspects of professional development & administrative monitoring
• Successfully retained & applied an in depth knowledge of the rules & obligations of various legislations such as the Worker's compensation Act, Privacy Act and Family Law Act
• Provided high quality workplace/family mediations & conciliation conferences with individuals/family with the most needs
• Produced excellent reports that accurately captured government data requirements, & were provided in a timely manner to internal managers & government representatives.
• Efficiently conducted research & collected data in order to improve a client's quality of service
• Worked collaboratively with key stakeholders in submission writing and advocating for resources.
• Managed time efficiently, prioritised workloads & delegated where appropriate, problem-solved with an outcome focus
FDRP TRAINER / PLACEMENT COORDINATOR
Institute of Family Practice
Whilst working for Burnside Uniting Care and concurrent to the role previous, I also worked as a Trainer / Placement Coordinator performing the following:
• In collaboration with industry experts, developed an innovative Training Package to include over 10 new competencies for the Graduate Diploma in Dispute Resolution which formed part of the new registration requirements for FDRP's.
• Developed & delivered a 6 day interactive professional skills workshop to over 1000 mediators, who were assessed against 3 core competencies that complied with the reaccreditation requirements to become a registered FDRP.
• Effectively evaluated above-mentioned workshops to the standard required by the Federal Attorney General.
• Confidently developed & sustained strong relationships with other managers, government funding bodies, Legal Advisors, Child Consultants & other key personnel to achieve high quality mediation/negotiation and referral services for complex case presentations in multiparty mediations.
• Creatively developed training packages to encompass the needs of students from a diverse range of backgrounds e.g. ATSIC students, Legal Practitioners with culturally diverse backgrounds & ESL students
• Conscientiously maintained an in-depth understanding of current literature & debates on key industry issues such as domestic violence, suicide issues, the impact of separation on children, different post parenting arrangements etc.
Prior to 2006 I worked in the following roles:
• Manager - Family Relationship Centre, Uniting Care Burnside Campbelltown NSW (18 months)
• Manager - Mediation Services, Uniting Care Burnside Campbelltown NSW (4 years)
• Senior Social Worker - Centrelink, NSW (1 year)
• Social Worker - In a variety of setting including Geriatric & Disability Services
(N.B. Further details on the above-mentioned roles can be provided in written form, or explored further at interview.)
Re-accreditation training for Federal Government registration
This was a roll out for all Mediators in the family Law arena to become accredited and registered under the changes of the Family Law Act 2006. It involved face to face training of at least 1000 students in a 6 month time frame , in Metropolitan and non metropolitan areas. We successfully provided training for 3 core competencies.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Sydney
University of Sydney
Bachelor of Social Work
Family Dispute Resolution
Institute of Family Practice