“Artistic talent is a gift from God and whoever discovers it in himself has a certain obligation:to know that he cannot waste this talent, but must develop it.” Pope John Paul II
By the age of 5 years, I could use a sewing machine! This terrified Ma (my mama as I call her) as she was concerned I could be seriously injured; and yes I was injured, but only ONCE! By the time I was 12 years, I could make my own clothes. I knew that I wanted a career around this amazing machine. I however missed to join campus to pursue my dream career by 6 points! Back then, we didn't have many options, especially in interior design...
I pursued a different career in administration for 12 years, while practicing design as a hobby. I was however quite unsettled, administration just wasn't me. Fortunately, I later managed to enroll for part time classes while still working in the field of administration. It was not easy, but worth it... because finally, I took an about-turn and pursued my first love, interior design and Magnificent Interiors was born. Initially I ran it on a part time basis, but now I run it on a full time basis.
Am I happy? Yes! Do I love what I do? Totally! It's amazing to wake up each morning to do what I love! My family? I cannot thank them enough for all the support they gave me as I made the transition! Was I scared when I made the transition? At first yes, but I had made a decision not to quit! Do I thank God? Yes, every day I do!
Magnificent Interiors offers interior design and decoration services to Residential, Hospitality, Commercial properties, Churches and Schools with the aim of transforming these spaces and bringing them to their full potential.
Glamour Interior Designer
From October 2012
1. Consultancy: This involves assisting you to make a decision on the style, color scheme, choice of fabric, furniture, space utilization and decor items that fit your personality and lifestyle by adding a touch of class to your property.
2. Home Staging: This is a product sellers of residential property which involves improving the overall appearance of a house that is being put up for sale. Buyers are more convinced to buy if they have an idea of how the home will look based on the staged home.
3. Soft Furnishings: The following items are made on order to suit your tastes, needs and lifestyle
• Custom made Curtains and Sheers
• Custom made Mosquito Nets
• Cushions, Cushion Covers and Bed Runners
• Table Linen (table cloths, table runners, place mats, napkins)
4. Special Effects Painting & Wall: Your walls can make a statement through colour and texture using paint and wall paper.
5. Lighting Effects: Make a statement with beautiful lampshades, brackets, pendant lights and chandeliers.
6. Flooring: Area rugs, carpets, tiles, floor laminates, natural stone and wood can be used to transform your space.
6. Decor Items: We help you get both African and Contemporary decor items to suit your style.
Some of my work...
Qualifications & Certifications
Art & Design: Interior Design
Buruburu Institute of Fine Arts (BIFA)
Elle College of Design
Buruburu Girls High School
BCOM in Entrepreneurship
University of South Africa
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more