- Full time
- Part time
- One time
SACOSAN Secretariat, DWSS
July 2012 - October 2013
Coordinator and Unicef Consultant
Coordinate for The Fifth South Asian Conference on Sanitation (SACOSAN-V) to be held in Nepal in November 2013
Design conference concept and work on detail
Communicate with Working group, country stake holders and Inter Country Working Group(ICWG)
Implement process event and coordinate for conference
Leste as WHO consultant
Development of Total sanitation model village concept as post ODF initiatives
• Development of Water Safety Plan Model for Nepal with DWSS/WHO in 2010
• Worked as thematic team member and resource person for NAPA for Climate change in Nepal for two theme: water and energy and Public health) in 2010
Stockholm International Water Institute
September 2010 - May 2011
ember 2010) organized by Stockholm International Water Institute(SIWI) in Stockholm and presentation of paper on Water Safety Plan
7. Coordination of regional high level meeting on Rain Water Harvesting organized by Government of Nepal and sector partners from 28-30 June 2009
8. Participation of Water Safety Plan Training of Trainers organized by PUB and WHO from 20-25 October 2008.
Development and creation in computer
National Household Water Security Surveys
in Nepal: Application of Methodology of Participatory Assessment 2009: Study done for UNSCAF/ADB with DWSS team based on 20 sample projects using methodology for participatory assessment.
• Comparative study of sustainability study of ecosan in Nepal with health hygiene focus: Study done for DWSS/WHO with DWSS team as part of work in 2010
• Design and study of horizontal flow Reed Bed plant for wastewater treatment in Bagmati Area Sewerage Project, Guheswari: Research done for BASP as part of work in 2005
• Design and study of Up flow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket (UASB) for wastewater treatment in Thimi: Research done for DWSS as part of work in 2003
• Design and study on community septic tank with up flow bio filter in Thimi: Research done for DWSS as part of work in 2002
• Thesis work on Tube Settler modeling and its use in water treatment process: Part of M Sc study
• Contribution of Harisidhi Brick Factory on Air pollution of Kathmandu using Gaussian Plume Model: Part of M Sc study
• Design optional (Aerobic and Anaerobic process) for of Wastewater treatment plant for Kathmandu valley after Melamchi Water supply project: Part of M Sc Study.
• An Exercise on sewerage system and wastewater treatment design: Part of M Sc Study.
• Long term and short term water supply problem in Kathmandu valley: part of M Sc study
• Environmental Impact Assessment exercise on Melamchi Water Supply Project: Part of M Sc Study.
• Pit latrine design and implementation plan for Mustang district: Part of M Sc Study
• Health impact of Sanitary Inspection in the Rural Water Supply System Case study on NEWAH project: Part of M Sc study
• Rehabilitation of Gokarna Landfill Site: part of M Sc study
• Solid Waste collection system in Kathmandu and Lalitpur: Part of M Sc study
• Case study of ODF and total sanitation in five selected VDCs ( all region) of Nepal
Development and creation in computer:
• Water supply network design program: Excel and visual basic tool based program
National Professional Officer, Environmental Health Unit
World Health Organization Nepal
April 2008 - March 2012
Prepare biennium work plan with government agencies
Arrange training workshop for government staff
Coordinate with regional and HQ staff in environmental health for achieving organizational results.
Support concerned government agencies for water safety plan, total sanitation, healthy setting, environmental studies, food safety, health care waste management and climate change
Arrange regional conference workshop and training
Work as team member for emergency WASH and health cluster
April 2008 - April 2011
4. Participation of ADB Water Conference (15 October) and WSP Stakeholder Meeting ( 18-20 October 2010) organized by WHO HQ/SEARO/WPRO for review of WHO AusAid WQ partnership program.
5. Participation of initiation Meeting for Water Safety Plan held in PUB Knowledge Hub Singapore from 26-27 June 2010 organized by WHO HQ.
Vigyan Bhawan, Delhi India
From September 2008
9. Coordination of regional workshop on Ecological Sanitation organized by WHO and DWSS from 22-25 September 2008 in Kathmandu
10. Coordination of regional workshop on JMP and GLASS organized by WHO from5-7 August 2008 in Kathmadu
11. Participation SACOSAN III held in Vigyan Bhawan, Delhi India from 16-22 November 2008
From January 2008
board and CBWSSP programs in Nepal organized by SOPHEN and BOKU university in Vienna from 6-8 January 2008.
13. Study mission on Managing for Development Result(MfDR) organized by ADB in 12-20 May , 2007 in Malaysia
14. Training on Environment management and Decision support Tools organized by ICIMOD(5 days) in 2006
15. Training on Logical Framework Analysis and project Design organized by NASC (5 days) in 2006
16. Workshops on Development of scientific Proposals Seeking Grants organized by Ku and IFS (2 days) in 2006
17. Training on Rapid Environmental Impact assessment in Disasters and Training if Trainers organized by RedR India (5 days) in 2005
18. Training on Basic Procurement Management organized by ASCI and NASC (10 days) in 2005
Senior Divisional Engineer, Planning and Procurement Unit
Melamchi Water Supply Development Board
July 2007 - April 2008
Overall planning of the Melamchi Water Supply Project
Coordination and execution of main construction and consultancy services
Monitoring and reporting of status and progress of the project
Coordinate MIS for project management unit
Senior Divisional Engineer, M&E section
Department of Water Supply and Sewerage
From July 2007
Data collection analysis and reporting and providing feed back
Development of monitoring formats
Organizing regional level monitoring workshops
Monitoring for Policy implementation
Coordination for MfDR program assisted by ADB/DFID
Senior Divisional Engineer
Department of Water Supply and Sewerage
January 2004 - May 2004
Development of policy on community mobilization
Development of data base on NGO working in water Supply and Sanitation Sector
Bagmati Area Sewerage Project
May 2004 - May 2005
Planning and Management of Bagmati Sewerage Project
Operation of wastewater treatment plant
Research on wastewater treatment
East Timor for Tokyo Engineering Consultant
) which has been used as a model design for other projects
• Involved in training of British Volunteer as trainer on sanitation (Latrine construction and promotion} organized by SPW in 1996 for one week and in 1997 for similar training
• Worked as technical coordinator in the 3 month long Pre Service Training (PST) organized by Peace Corp Nepal for their Volunteers (Water Sanitation Group) in 1996.
Research and Study
• Involved as national team member in national wide research on safe injection practices conducted in 2012 for 78 district/regional and zonal hospital.
• Study for evidence of effect of climate change in Health in different climatologically regions especially on vector borne disease and water borne disease. Study done with NHRC as part of work in WHO in 2010.
COSI/IRC in Candy, Sri Lanka
From December 2002
ec 2002 to 9 Jan 2003.
20. Training on Water Sanitation and Environment organized by DWSS/ WHO(1 week) and conducted by PWA in Thailand in 2000
21. Trainer's training on Water Quality Monitoring and Surveillance organized by DWSS and WHO(1 week) in 1998
22. Training on Gender sensitive facilitation organized by Didi Bahini and Coady Institute, Canada in 1998
23. Professional writing course(5 weeks) organized by American Language Centre in 1998
24. Management training for Engineers (5 weeks) organized by NASC & DWSS in 1996.
25. Study tour of Thailand on Environmental Health course (3 weeks) in 1995.
Department of Water Supply and Sewerage
January 2000 - January 2004
Planning, design and execution of sanitation program
Development of guideline and impact studies on sanitation
Planning, design and execution of sewerage project
Design and research on wastewater treatment plants
October 1997 - October 2000
1997 October to January 2000
Study M Sc. Environmental Engineering
Project management and supervision
International Workshop and Expert Group Meeting
on Technologies for Freshwater Augmentation in Asia (3 days) 1995 organized by UNEP/DHI/DM. Contribution to the source book on the Technologies for Freshwater Augmentation by preparing paper on Spring Protection in Nepal.
27. Training on Project management and supervision (2 weeks) organized by NASC & DWSS in 1990.
Central Human Resource Development Unit
June 1993 - October 1997
Planning and Execution of training for water supply and Sanitation Sector
Preparation of manuals/ packages for community level trainings
Organization of Impact Evaluation studies
Organization and coordination of trainings
District Water Supply Office
February 1990 - June 1993
Planning, Surveying, Designing and Implementation of water supply projects.
Involved in UNICEF supported CWSS program as field officer for Sagarmatha Zone
Store management and material supply to CWSS projects, training for Users Committee, VMSW, and Sanitation Motivators etc.
Study for spring protection and development program
Remote Area Development Committee
June 1988 - February 1990
Survey design and Supervision of Water Supply, Irrigation,
Trials, Bridge, Micro hydro projects to be implemented in 18 Remote Districts of Nepal.
Technical training for overseers.
Coordination with CARE Nepal and SNV Nepal
District Technical Officer
Public Work Section, Sankhuwasava
September 1986 - June 1988
Planning, Design, and Implementation of water supply,
Irrigation, Roads, Bridge, School building sanctioned by District Development Committee.
Training and Seminar
1. Participation of online training on Negotiation conducted by Bridgeway group and CBI organized by WHO in February 2011
2. Participation in fourth IWA ASPIRE conference, 2-6 Oct 2011, Tokyo Japan
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Roorkee
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more