Claim you profile
September 2012 - March 2014
The company operates Japanese multi-brand store JRunway (www.jrunway.com) in Singapore and provides
consultation in overseas expansion for the Japanese fashion industry. The store carries more than 20 apparel and cosmetics brands from Japan.
I was transferred to Singapore for the JRunway store set-up and operation. My responsibilities have included
marketing and merchandising as well as visual merchandising. Within a year, sales growth showed 165%,
achieving SG$240,000 monthly sales. I have also worked on JRunway's E-commerce project with extensive
research and planning.
Marketing and E-commerce project:
- Identifying, developing and evaluating the marketing strategy based on the objective, cost, market
characteristics, subsequently ensuring all KPIs are achieved.
- Planning the monthly promotion/ marketing activities and determining the mechanics and channels to market.
- Evaluating online/ offline advertising and assessing their cost effectiveness and ROI (Display Network
ads, Facebook and social media including blogger engagement, magazines, newspapers,).
- Giving design /contents direction to the homepage. Monitoring site traffic/user behaviour and assessing
CV, CPA, CTR and CPC etc. of the online advertisement for further improvement.
- Updating company social media platforms, such as Facebook, every day for updates. So far I have
attracted more than 250,000 fans on our Facebook page alone.
- Conceptualising the material for certain activities (POP, e-newsletters, banners, flyers, magazine
advertisements) and determining the wording and design.
- Managing photo shoots for new arrivals and using them for the creation of the company catalogue.
- Managing customer relations. Maintaining the customer database with purchase history and approaching the target market.
- Conducting surveys and questionnaires for the market understanding.
- Managing events such as fashion shows.
- Writing press...
Tokyo Overseas Department Operation Staff
November 2011 - August 2012
This marketing company specialises in the apparel industry and is the parent company of AWCG PTE.LTD.
The company provides services in E-commerce and online marketing as well as overseas business expansion towards more than 800 apparel brand clients.
I obtained10 months of experience at Apparel-Web which enabled me to have a solid foundation in the
E-commerce, retail operations and marketing of the apparel industry. My achievements in this role include:
- Setting up a global E-commerce site for one of the most established brands in Japan, and conducting
digital marketing to the site including SEO, PPC, Display Network/Retargeting advertising, blogger
engagement and Social media platform.
- Analysing and reporting site's performance. (Searched keywords or traffic source and its CVR, User
behaviour, contents session and overall CV, UU, PV etc.).
- Conducting research and case study to overseas brands' E-commerce localisation and reviewing
- Completing a Japanese government project by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry through the operation of a 3-month pop-up store of Japanese multi-brand, HARAJUKU STREET STYLE, in an established department store in Singapore.
- Consulting in the overseas expansion of the business, undertaking research into clients, negotiating the leasing agreements and construction. Managed to conclude leasing agreement for 2 companies.
- Preparation of the JRunway store, setting up all areas of the business from leasing agreement, human
resources and staffing to construction, merchandising and marketing.
Thompsons Tours Japan Co., Ltd
March 2011 - August 2011
This South African Tour Operator's Japan Subsidiary has its headquarters and offices throughout Africa.
This exciting work enabled me to work in a team, liaising with the office members and local suppliers. My
- Land operation for the package tours, FIT and international conferences (accommodation, transport,
sightseeing, restaurants and other land services).
- Establishing the contract addressing the political issues for the conference/leisure businesses.
- Dealing with and solving problems that arise on the road, acting as an emergency assistant to clients.
- Looking after the financial aspect, from invoicing, costing to remittance.
- Assuming full responsibility for the International Conference Project, contributing to the Project whilst
handling a budget of US $250,000.
Marketing and Sales Executive
S.K.Y Enterprise UK Ltd
September 2009 - December 2010
This is a food and beverage importer/distributer based in the UK, with some retail shops and restaurants within the group.
This challenging role gave me a proven ability to increase the sales volume and also the capability to identify
current market trends, acquire new clients and establish quality relationships with individual clients. My
- Developing new market opportunities by direct mails, calls and advertisements in a proactive manner.
- Improving customer satisfaction through sales activity. Sales volume increased by 570% by increasing
client numbers under my assistance.
- Consulting and finding out clients' needs, suggesting new services and products to solve their issues.
- Cooperating with suppliers in exploring product lines based on the market needs.
- Stock control, placing orders and arranging the import documents.
- Translation and framing marketing material.
- Being in charge of planning/organising/preparation as an exhibitor at cultural events and achieving the target through market research, determining and ordering products, managing own booth, staffing,
dealing with financial matters.
Pan Asia GB Ltd
December 2008 - July 2009
Pan Asia GB Ltd is a food and beverage importer/distributor, with headquarters in Vienna and offices throughout Europe.
My first career in a sales environment allowed me to establish core competencies in presentation and communication, as well as in negotiation. My responsibilities included:
- Being in charge of sales to Japanese clients and English-speaking clients (40% Japanese: 60%
English). Increasing the sales volume by 410% and increasing the clients number by gaining new
clients (200% increase).
- Conducting market research and competitor analysis to identify revenue-enhancing opportunities.
- General administration work (creating invoices, issuing credits, responding to e-mail enquiries,
telephone calls, faxes, managing price lists and catalogues, sales data input etc.).
Qualifications & Certifications
Cavendish College UK
University of Surrey
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more