Have versatile experience in terms of working of different areas in banking industry. Carries the experience of system development, training and implementation. Worked on MISYS, TEMENOS (T 24).
Have the experience of establishing and handling centralized operations.
Have thorough understanding of handling the IT in acco0rdance to the functional requirements of various operations.
Heads Specilzied Functions And General Oerpations
All Specialized Functions Of Operations such as SWIFT Operations, Treasury Operations, Equity Capital Market Operations, Centralized SBP Reporting, Nostro Reconciliation, Home Remittances Recon & Ops.
Proficient in system developments, conversions and their implementations. Carries the vast exposure of system development and its implementation in centralized modules.
Have in depth knowledge and experience of heading and conducting training sessions on Banking and soft skills.
SVP/Head Specialized Functions Operations
The Bank Of Punjab
From May 2009
• Served as Regional Head Operations for more than two years, beside Head Specialized Functions Ops
• Revamped the regional operations involving identification of chronic issues pertaining to branch operations.
• Successfully resolved the outstanding issues and cases pertaining to recoveries and matters pending with the investigation agencies.
• Remained involved in identification of premises, and opening of branches in Karachi. Coordinated with various segments for establishment of branches and hiring of resource.
• Presently responsible to manage the Operations of the below mentioned functions under the ambit of Specialized Functions Operations Division.
1. Treasury Operations
2. Equity Capital Market Operations
3. Home Remittances Operations and Reconciliation.
4. Nostro Reconciliation.
5. Centralized SWIFT Operations.
6. SBP Reporting
• Take steps to minimize the risks involved in Operations of all the activities performed at Specialized Functions operations, by inculcating adequate controls and continuous monitoring of the day to day transactions.
• Responsible for carrying out the capacity planning and acquiring the approvals of the resource allocation for different units based on the volumes and the work loads.
• Ensuring accurate and timely revaluation of the overall portfolio, under different classifications of AFS Trading, AFS NIT & HFT.
• Ensuring that the deadlines of State Bank of Pakistan (DW&H) are met, in reporting the accurate & timely submission of all foreign exchange returns thereby avoiding the penalties from the regulator.
• Coordinates with Head General Services and manages to ensure the allocation of resources pertaining to premises and other items for units of Specialized Functions Ops.
• Coordinates with different departments at SBP on matters pertaining to various issues of BOP.
• Coordinates with Head IT, to ensure that the dedicated connectivity such as DXX, DSL & other Back up connectivity are in place.
• Also, responsible to meet...
Project Manager Centralization & Temenos T-24
Bank Alfalah Ltd
May 2005 - May 2009
Systems & Operations Division
• Served as the member core committee for development & implementation of Temenos (T-24).
• Served as Project Manager, Development Training & Implementation for Temenos (T-24).
• Remained associated with Bank Alfalah Ltd at System and Operations division as Project Manager for Centralization.
• Introduced the concept of centralization & established Centralized Account Opening, Centralized Clearing, Centralized Credit Administration, setup at Bank Alfalah.
• Directly coordinating with IT Division for achieving 100% online connectivity at BAL Branches.
• Conducted training sessions in context to centralized operations on Pan Pakistan basis.
• Responsible for system development and conducting UAT.
• Conducted the consistent review of processes to identify the areas of operational risk.
• Revisited different processes related to operations and streamlined them while incorporating the user feedback, to eliminate the distinct gaps, in order to achieve zero defect status in end to end process.
• Being the Project Manager for centralization, remained involved in the centralization of operations of Credit Admin, establishment of central processing unit.
• Also worked as Project Coordinator with the Bank's consultant.
• Carried out training and implementation of centralized clearing across the board.
Manager Centralized Ops Unit
Union Bank Ltd
December 2001 - May 2005
Centralized Operations Division
• Centralized their Account Opening, Cheque Books, Security Stationary and Signature verification system on Pan Pakistan basis.
• Had the opportunity of being responsible for developing the operational infrastructure for branch banking to perform in centralized environment on Pan-Pakistan basis.
• Redefined processes and procedures so that the smooth operation of various activities could be assured
• Remained diligently involved in reformation of IT systems, to further strengthen the controls in laying down well-planned, structured systems, while controlling the operational risk.
• Had the versatile and incomparable experience of merger of EBIL, since I was responsible for conversion of their centralized cheque books and accounts.
• Remained an integral part in identifying the resource and training them in accordance to the processes and procedures at centralized operations.
• Served as a member of continuous process improvement team
• Remained the part of bank's permanent Operations Reengineering Committee, in contributing for replacing conventional methods of conducting different functions and projects, by reliance on the state-of-the-art IT platform.
• Worked in close co-ordination with the customer services and quality in determining the defect areas and creating service management indicators for strengthening and monitoring of controls which resulted in creating a zero defect environment at centralized operations
• Experience of maintaining the Cashier System at the operations end. Also remained involved in the implementation of an upgraded version of cashier system while looking after the operational risk in close coordination with IT.
Centralized Operations Division
April 2000 - December 2001
Major Job responsibilities included handling of customer services operation and other general banking activities at Citiphone Banking pertaining to centralized operations.
Manager Customer Services Operations
Mobilink Lahore, Pakistan
December 1998 - April 2000
• Successfully rendered the responsibilities of establishing the Centralized Service Operations as a project.
• Remained involved in developing the process and reengineering for restructuring the overall service operations.
Head Specialized Functions Operations
December 1995 - December 1998
• Responsible for executing the Time Deposit Bookings, encashment and maintaining calculations of roll over and pre-mature encashment.
• Carried out the responsibilities of managing the account maintenance desk.
• On account maintenance desk, all activities related to the processing and verifications of transactions pertaining to general banking were being executed.
• Assigned as the co-coordinator for process improvement of General Banking processes.
• Had the opportunity to serve as an integral part of customer service operations in the capacity of a Team Leader.
• Attended various courses on service excellence, process improvement and team building.
Worked in all areas relevant to system and operations.
Qualifications & Certifications
PAF Model School